Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down  (Read 44429 times)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2020, 12:44:15 AM »
Thank you Dimitris.
Knowing what is happening and how you are dealing with things gives us an insight to how you are coping.
Keeping things in perspective and continuing as you are can only be for the good.

As you know I have had a transplant, this puts me at high risk
My neighbour had 2 transplants and was in the same group.
Last week we stood on our doorsteps to show our appreciation of of our health workers.
This week I was there but unfortunately my neighbour was not, he was taken by the virus.
So sad that he had fought through the years only to be taken by this awful thing that is battering us all.
Everyone keep well and safe
Do what you have to do and one day we will all be together again.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2020, 03:10:01 AM »
So sorry to hear that Ref 😥
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2020, 03:06:50 PM »
Very sad news , indeed, and extra distressing for you, as a close neighbor.
Negg

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2020, 12:56:07 PM »
Good Afternoon form your favorite place in the world.!
Despite the fact that health care resources have been reduced by 75% since the Great Recession in the last 10 years, Greece has been able to achieve significant things to reduce corona virus spread in the country.

Once again, in times of enormous difficulty and challenge, small Greece has become a model for the rest of the world. This has to do with the legacy that Greece has inherited for centuries - a legacy of courage, creativity and perseverance.
Someone commented that it is surprising that the Greeks are so disciplined, but they really are not. When you say hello in Greek you say "health", when you say goodbye you say "health", our general gratitude in the discussion is health .

With the above words I would like to start today's report.Until today Corfu has  not even a handful of covid 19  cases reported,  the new suspicious cases being tested until yesterday are all negative.
Our Government extends closure of shops and beaches until April 27. Schools are set to be closed until 10th of May. Our

Children are now finally being taught online from home.The Greek Civil Protection announced on Wednesday a series of stringent controls at the main exits of Athens and other cities and suspended inter-island travel with a few exceptions. In an effort to contain the spread of coronavirus, authorities will intensify lockdown checks at highways and toll stations, ports and airports, …
In Arillas everyone is awaiting for news about restarting tourism.
Most sources tell us that it is still too early to say.However, a lot of yoga retreats and festivals in Arillas are cancelled until the end of July, some new places were due to open for 2020 they are now considering about it. It all depends whether the flights will start again and when this occurs it means that there will be some global regulations about travelling and tourism.

Never the less, In Arillas the local council has been working and remade the donkey-track to Agios Stefanos from Arillas beach, there is a picture I took a couple of days ago.
Even some parts of the road from Magoulades to Sidari have been newly tarmacked. 
The people of Arillas are silently preparing their hotels, Tavernas, and villas, Arillas beach and it;s people will all be there when the time comes.
This is the week that I would have been opening my Taverna , I must say … I miss you already.
For all you until the time comes that we meet again I have managed to install a new Webcam in AFIONAS at my good old friend Spiros's  Restaurant ANEMOS.

It will keep you busy watching FROM HOME  the clouds and the magnificent sunsets on a daily basis.
Miss you all,

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2020, 01:13:38 PM »

Hi

Thanks Boss for the information it helps our spirits to stay positive

Kevin

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2020, 01:29:15 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitris, it gives us hope that we might still be able to see you all in July. Stay safe

Offline philandanne

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2020, 02:13:35 PM »
Thanks for the info and the new webcam. It came up on my memories from a couple of years ago that I attended your opening night, and what a great night it was. I could almost taste the gorgeous food. We will be there to taste it for real as soon as we can. Love and hugs for you all, and keep keeping safe :-)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2020, 02:56:42 PM »
Hi Dimitris
Stay safe is the most important, and hopefully the tourists routes will open soon , I’ll miss your opening this year but hope to Easter in arillas next year, until we meet yammas

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2020, 03:14:15 PM »
Thanks Dimitris. Keep safe and well.
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Jeanette

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2020, 05:03:46 PM »
Thank you so much for the update. Stay safe to you, your family and all of the special people in Arillas  & surrounding area.

Offline Graham and Kay

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Wolves are Premier League
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2020, 05:29:35 PM »
Dimitris, thank you for the update, it really is good to hear things are shaping up  around Arillas.  Unfortunately, we have had to cancel our visit to the Tria for 14th May but have rebooked for May 2021.  It will be such a shame not to be there this year, l must admit to checking in regularly and seeing what the seafront is looking  like on the webcam.

Kay and myself hope that Arillas can enjoy some weeks, hopefully months of the 2020 season.

Wolves are Premier League

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2020, 09:54:45 PM »
Kalispera Dimitris

Thank you very much indeed for the latest update, the sooner this dreaded virus situation is over the better but alas only time will tell us that,  really looking forward to coming to Arillas this year but if it's not possible so be it, we can only live in hope and take each day as it comes at the moment, in the meantime keep safe everyone, we will be back at some point in the future :-)

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2020, 11:59:55 AM »
Thank you for the update.  I love to look at the webcam and imagine being there again.  Best of all, a walk along the new donkey track would be wonderful.  To everyone in Arillas, I wish the best and, hopefully, you can enjoy some of this season when the awful virus goes.
Ann x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2020, 12:53:48 PM »
Thank you Brother, for the latest news Its good to know how things are progressing,  Don't know yet if we are going to try for September or not, Love to all the family. XX

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »
Thank you for the update Dimitris and the new camera - I'm watching my video of the Arillas sea each evening, it brings me calm after a busy day working in the NHS, and it's lovely to see the Arillas sun and the sunsets. 
It's useful to know what is happening in Greece (and, more specifically Corfu), and heartening to hear of the tentative, background preparations for the summer season.

We hope that incidences of this awful disease lessen thanks to people being sensible and staying home, so restrictions can be lifted. We  and we continue to have the hope that we will get to Arillas this summer but are realistic that is may not happen - however you have to have hope, something to look forward to! 
Stay safe and well.

Booking.com