Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down  (Read 44150 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:40:32 PM »
Hello again from my home in Arillas.
I know it is a bit awkwardd to post about those things ... I believe many of you would like to know how we are all dealing with it in Arillas.
Our country is in virtual shut down as our government today announced the closure of all shopping malls, cafes, restaurants, and bars, apart from takeaway shops to help control the spread of the coronavirus. Also the country’s museums and archaeological sites will be closed at least until March 30.
Yesterday, it had announced a two-week closure of all the courthouses, theaters, cinemas, gyms, children playgrounds and nightclubs in the country.  These emergency measures come on top of the already-announced closure of all Greek schools, as 190 cases and one death were recorded in the country till Friday evening.
Until this moment there are no cases of coronavirus in Corfu mentioned.
We are all following the steps that the government announces. The pandemic mode of this virus is getting very serious, it seems that we need to be isolated as much as possible within our closest family.  we will try to stay safe at home, take walks to the beach with our kids , eat healthy, drink water frequently and  wash our hands.... no social touching, no kisses, ( what a pity)

I hope this is the way to stop the virus from spreading too quickly ... time will show... we are all waiting....

I'll keep you in touch as I have loads of time now !!!!yamas
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 10:44:12 PM »
Good wishes to all and stay well and safe.
Negg

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 11:54:41 PM »
Yes, it is becoming very worrying.   It is so quiet.  Hopefully, we will all come through this safe and well.  Take care.
Ann x

Offline BAJ

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 12:13:24 AM »
Thanks for the update Dimitri, strangely no such measures here in the UK yet, despite our infection rates being much higher. We can only hope for a miracle but it is not looking promising for the 2020 season.

Offline jebbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 12:16:43 AM »
Thanks for the update, Dimitris.

Hope you all keep safe and well.

Dave

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 12:23:30 AM »
Thank you Dimitri, hope you all stay safe and well. 
Hope to see you all in June as planned

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 12:27:36 AM »
Thinking of you, and all our friends in Corfu. Stay safe and keep well xx
Sandy x

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 07:15:49 AM »
Hopefully as the temperature gets better this virus will go away. Stay safe everybody,looking forward to the summer and better times. Annie x

Offline Luvly Dave

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 09:15:34 AM »
Thinking of all Corfoits.Keep well and hopefully we will be lazing on your beautiful beach and eating your wonderful food being looked after by fantastic people. Looking forward to being there June/July

Offline Pip

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 11:40:52 AM »
Kalimera Dimitris.
Thank you for the update. Sending all our love to all of our friends in Arillas and looking forward to seeing you all fit and well in the summer.
Xxx

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 12:53:37 PM »
Cheers Dimitri,
Hope you are all keeping well.
Sally and i are not worrying about the virus,if we get it we get it.if not then fine.We are not panic buying or anything like that.What we are doing is following the governments advice over here and keeping one eye on Tui to see what is happening over 4th May.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 02:43:53 PM »
Thank you for the update Dimitris.  It's worrying times for everyone  - the not knowing what the short term impact will be, how much we will all be affected. However we remain optimistic that we will be able to enjoy the Arillas magic in July. In the meantime, keep well and enjoy the bonus time with family.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 03:23:55 PM »
Thank you for letting us know. At the moment we are just trying to be as careful as possible without locking ourselves away. I just hope and pray that it runs its course quickly and that it don't effect many more. Stay as safe as you can everybody and hopefully we will see you in May.xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 09:31:07 PM »
Day 1 of General shut down in Corfu,
It was a quiet day in Arillas as it is at this time of the year, the local cafes are only doing takeaways, the pizzaria is doing takeaway and delivery, Monamour taverna in Kavadades is doing takeaways too. The louvros cafe in Kavadades has a delivery service too.

Local supermarkets were open as well as petrol stations . nothing seems to be a problem .
 The business owners are continuing doing the summer season's preperations including my self ( you can spot me on the attached picture with my best helper.)
The local hardware shop was busy selling paint and building material  I did notice the owners wearing gloves.
A police car was checking carefully all the places that used to be open. The officers walked in to the establisments giving a friednly warning that only takeaway or delivery is allowed.
I would never think that I will be witnessing this kind of situation in my life.... but it is true!!!!!
I spent two hours preparing our homegrown bamboos  with the help of my son Alkaios who is now 5 years old.
every 10 minutes some people walked or drove by and stopped to have a chat (about the virus situation ofcourse) keeping a distance of a couple of meters away some did not even bother to come out tof the car.The beach was frequent by local families with kids. However near Athens some public beach areas and ski resorts were overcrowded with people so the goverment is going to prohibit acces to those poppular places too by tomorrow.
The main thing is to remain away from other people as much as possible. This is a pandemic outbeak  not a holiday. We stay at home.!
We do not know the results of those tactics yet...I'll be able to tell you more when I finich those bamboos.

that's for today, have a nice evening....

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 09:45:10 PM »
Thank you Dimitri, let's hope life gets back to normal soon. Stay well.

Booking.com