Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down  (Read 44315 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 06:41:41 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitris.  We are all hoping that not only will Corfu not be affected much but that we will all get to our beautiful Arillas. It is looking that the government will shortly be announcing here that over 70s need to self isolate for 4 months! That is a long time to not see family. My Dad has COPD and he is 79 so extremely worried about him. My son also has asthma so he is self isolating and working at home. Worrying times. 

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 02:05:20 PM »
Good to hear that everyone is playing nice and being sensible. We can but look after each other and take responsibility of our actions. Thank you for the update boss! :)

Life is good ;)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 12:21:29 AM »
Today I remained mostly in and arround my house...
I went to the Arillas bakery to get some bread for our breakfast. Maria has closed the door and is serving her customers though the window.... very nice trick to keep distance...
The local small supermarket nextdoor is in normal business no empty selfs, loads of toiletpaper and corfu beer etc.
The weather is sooo nice so my kids spent time outside in our garden Litsa was busy tiding the house as she is off work . the municipality office where she works has closed the doors to the public . Only after an apointment someone can meet with the staf, otherwise everything is done by telephone or email.
Our very good friend Noufris has came back from a Vacation in MEXIKO !!! he now has to stay in his apartmetn with his two friends that were with him in self isolation quarantine for two weeks as the the Greek authorities have announced, ‘ all travellers arriving in Greece from abroad are required to go into 14 days self isolation’ as from 16th March.than means if you enter the border will be having a week's holiday in April you will have to extend your holiday for one more week but you will have to stay arround your villa...  (english humor...  sorry)  Oh! I forgot to tell you that all accommodation is banned untill end of april so that joke is only for expat villa owners....
We were supposed to travel  for a long weekend on the 29th March to 1st April so I received an email from ryanair containing the following:

Ryanair expects the result of these restrictions will be the grounding of most of its aircraft fleet across Europe over the next 7 to 10 days. Because of this we want to offer our customers as much flexibility as possible in relation to their scheduled travel plans. We are now offering you the following options in relation to your booked flight.

· You can now move your flight free of charge to a date in the future.
· The flight change fee will be waived in full.
· You will only have to pay the difference in fare.
· This flight date change will only apply to the route you have already booked.
· Please do not try to change to another date in April.

Closure of shops in Corfu being considered 
what will be open... from wendestday
  • Super Market
  • Pharmacies
  • Catering shops such as bakeries, butchers, etc.
  • Kiosks / mini market
  • Fuel stations
  • Banks
  • Delicatessen and  Restaurants ( Delivery or takeaway)
  • Courier - Postal services
  • Garages
  • Pet shops
  • Mobile phone stores
  • Opticians Shops
  • Online shops
The goverment also anounced entry ban for travellers from Italy, Albania and North Macedonia. Only freight vehicles allowed.
To date all coronavirous samples sent from Corfu have tested negative for coronavirus. However, tents are set up outside the main hospital building to examine patients for coronavirus...

Among all these , I feel very lucky that my family and closed friends can go through all this in CORFU and not anywhere alse in world.
Talk to you soon,
Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 02:04:40 AM »
Dimitris, thank you my friend.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 09:45:54 AM »
Hi Dimitris
Will Churches still go ahead every Sunday?? - I only ask as this is one of the largest weekly gatherings, all around Corfu, with many parishioners being in the 60's plus age group.
The UK say - avoid Bars/Pubs Social gatherings etc but do not mention Churches. (Sunday Services/Weddings/Christenings are surely a social gathering??)
Cheers
Negg

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
Ill have to check this out ....
According to the press conference
All church services for all religions suspended,the Prime Minister made it clear that there will be no services and that this decision applies to all dogmas and religions.

However, the churches will be open for private prays
  .;
what would this mean?  I'll find out.
it seems to me that the Greek church is taking the UK plan more in to credit while greek goverment has it;s own plans....
stay tuned,

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 11:57:52 PM »
Thanks for the updates Dimitri. I’m sure I can say on behalf of all of us who love Arillas and all our friends there.....we will all be back next year to make sure it is the best season ever. Stay safe my friend...love to you and your family xx
Sandy x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2020, 12:05:57 AM »
Our church over here no longer meeting

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 03:49:18 PM »
Thank you for the updates, keep them coming. As yet Jet 2 haven't cancelled our flight on 9th May but I fear they will have too. loads of Love xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2020, 05:02:21 PM »
Looks like Easy Jet have cancelled all April flights to Corfu from Gatwick.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2020, 06:01:36 PM »
Thank you for the updates, keep them coming. As yet Jet 2 haven't cancelled our flight on 9th May but I fear they will have too. loads of Love xx

Hi
Ironic really, we are expecting our Skiathos trip in June and possibly September in Corfu will be cancelled, we have booked Arillas for September 2021 with Jet2. Our first independent holiday.
Thankfully this June and September we are with TUI as package holidays.No hassle in getting refunds.
Waiting for TUI to release Skiathos for June 2021 so we can book

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 01:59:55 PM »
good afternoon from Arillas....everyone seems to be very serious about the Coronavirus . Yesterday new strict measures were taken in order to eliminate the spread of the virus.
All citizens are ordered to stay at home. Exceptions are allowed for those needing to go to work and short trips to supermarkets, doctors, relatives in need, exercise (single or in pairs) or to walk their pet.

Specifically, Greek citizens must fill out and sign certain forms that will explain the reason they are outdoors. The Ministry of the Interior is providing online all forms needed at forma.gov.gr and by text at 13033.
I've just came back from shopping in Acharavi.
I did text the facility free number 13033 with the reason I'm moving out of my house, my full name and address . a message came back to me at once to confirm my move. this is the only way now to move around in Greece...
The supermarkets were all full of products I did not notice empty shelves... there is a specific number of persons allowed to be inside the shops. NO PANIC SHOPPING! everything was smooth and friendly.

Apparently, during the weekend some foreign citizens owning homes together with repatriating locals  in Corfu did manage to fly to Corfu and other Greek destinations through Germany , Holland and England. once they arrived they were all checked at the Athens Airport by medical teams where  they  were given strict directions that they will have to stay in Self Quarantine for 14 DAYS in the address they are applying. Anyone braking this rule will be fined 5.000 euros.... some people in mainland  have been already fined.... according to the radio news.
at the moment I'm writing this there are NO CONFIRMED CASES IN CORFU while  total number of fatalities in Greece are up to 16. Confirmed cases have jumped to 624 .
Listening to the radio I heard that Greece will stop more flights from other countries...Our flight at the end of March with Ryanair was cancelled and I did apply for a full refund.However, everyone seems to be very healthy in Arillas  and we are still talking to each other!!!! LOL
 I have been enjoying the time with my family in and around my house , life is like a holiday at home....  The government is offering many benefits to business and individuals financially effected...  the local electricity company is doing the same, the telephone companies are offering free data to everyone.
every one is trying their best. There must be some optimistic way to see all these...
  I hope that soon Ill be able to tell.
Keep safe everyone,
xxxxx
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 04:19:50 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitris

It's good to know what's happening in  Greece and how you are dealing with the situation.
Good to hear the Island is clear of the virus, we hope this continues to be the case.

To you and the family we send our best wishes
Keep safe and well
To our friends in and around the village we send our best wishes 
Keep safe and well
To the Greek people keep safe and well
The measures that are being taken are for the good of Greece and it's people.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2020, 04:59:15 PM »

Thanks Boss

For keeping us informed on what is going on in Corfu and Greece
If everyone doing what the government say then hopefully we all be okay

Kev

Booking.com