Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down  (Read 44305 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2020, 05:27:37 PM »
Wegg did our normal weekly shop, in Sidari , this morning without any queues or problems. - I think we should all learn from the Greek way of life.
They have got it right in Corfu. Knock the lump on the head before the lump appears.
I hate all this with a passion but will follow the rules as specified.
Cheers
Negg

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2020, 05:48:22 PM »
for those living in Corfu .. there you can download and print the following form. you can use it if you need to go shopping , take your dog for a walk or going to help others in need  etc.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2020, 06:07:04 PM »
Thanks Dimitris
Wegg and I have both used this form , today. -plus a text to the number given. - (and we got a reply to that , as well)
However... We have empty Villa checks, to make, as security for the owners. I guess we have to lie a little and say "exercise".
We trust that you and family are well.
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 02:34:24 PM »
Hi
Val tells me that on social media, so difficult to know if it fact, that Coru has its first case of the virus.
Can anybody confirm that?
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 03:42:18 PM »
Good afternoon from Arillas ,
Greece is now over a month with corona virus cases with  1,061 cases in Greece, death toll at 32.
On the entire island Police are continuing to conduct checks to see if people are adhering to the lockdown measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Our government  suspends more flights and  no general repatriation ir alowed.. only for those that have nowhere to live where they were until now.

This morning we have the first confirmed Covid-19 case for Corfu of a Greek patient with severe pneumonia at Corfu Hospital who had come from Belgium some days ago.  his home is at Evropouli village near Corfu town.Schools are still closed until further notice and most shops remain closed too.
I have been talking to a friend who belongs to the Hellenic tourism Organisation in Corfu and is a member of the Corfu tourism Crisis Committee. There is a master-plan for the tourism in Greece the day after all these is going to finish... having heard of their plan made me feel optimistic for the first time this week. Ill be able to tell you more when it will be published.we have had a fab week with loads of playing and gardening together with our kids. It is nice when you have your garden outside your home while you are not able to have any other social life.
Walking arround Arillas we spot almost everyone preparing for the new season although we do have cancelations for May and June we do have bookings made last week for July which is very pleasant to hear.
Once again  STAY HEALTHY to all of our friends.

When this is over I WILL BUY YOU AN OUZO!!!YAMMAS
Dimitris

PS: weather-wise today it's slightly windy with much sunshine.
 you can check it your self on our webcam by clicking on this picture.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 04:06:27 PM »
Glad you are able to get in the garden, it will make thing seem lighter for the boys. Hope the case in Corfu goes no further and that the man will be ok. Loads of Love Viv & Pete.xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2020, 04:11:58 PM »
Cheers Dimitri,
best wishes to you all and take care.
See you when we can.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2020, 04:25:21 PM »
Thank you for the update Dimitris.

We continue to hope that we will be able to come to Arillas as planned in July.  If not, we'll come when we can - but are already booked in for 2021 and 2022! :-D

Stay well and we look forward to that Ouzo.  Yammas!
Steph and Andrew

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »
Cheers boss! Thank you for the update. We are soooooo hoping to see you t the end of August :)
Life is good ;)

Offline philandanne

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2020, 01:43:20 PM »
Thanks for keeping us all informed. We too are gardening and cleaning, it is so boring when we should be on the road to Arillas by now. Never mind we will drive to you when we can. Please stay safe all of you.
PS I don't really like Ouzo, make mine a Kumquat please. :-)

Offline Jeanette

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »
Thank you for the updates. Fingers crossed for early September. Stay safe everyone 🙏

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitris, mine's a large one with just a splash of water !

Offline Graham and Kay

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Wolves are Premier League
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2020, 11:19:26 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitris; always a pleasure to hear how everything is going in Arillas.
It very much looks like our return to the Tria in May won't go ahead, it may just be too soon for travel restrictions to be eased.

If so, we will make it May 2021.  I certainly hope that Arillas can get something out of the 2020 season.  Keep the updates coming.
Wolves are Premier League

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2020, 04:19:20 PM »
Dimitris
My dear old friend, indeed worrying times for the whole world , and I hope that this passes by sooner than later.
I had to cancel me Easter trip for obvious reasons, but hope our annual June trip to the wonderful village of arillas, to see freinds old and new goes ahead , but only time will tell ,, I hope you and all in arillas keep safe and well in these crazy times, and remember that many people all over the world are thinking of you all , please god we will see each other soon and continue our life long freindship,,,, yammas my old freind yammas x

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 11:16:32 PM »
Well,!
 it was a rainy day in Arillas.

Every one is fine in Arillas and the area, life is restricted with only the necessary things but I must say I do enjoy this .... I;m with my family in and out and around our house, we can communicate with anyone, litsa my wife does not have to go to work, I do not have to work until God knows!! what can I say? additionally the kids are out of school and we have so much time for them.
I don't think there will be any tourism at all in during the next few weeks or even months so, we just have to stay well and wait.
there doesn't seem to be any shortage of anything right now as far as the supermarkets etc is concerned,..
I hope it will all finish and we will remember it as bad dream,

Nothing seems to have changed apart of that Greece has banned swimming, fishing and all recreation water sports like canoeing, kayak and windsurfing in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus. The ban is valid until April 21, 2020 or for as long as lockdown measures apply. It is still too cold to swim for most of us but there is a good number of winter swimmers, surfers, and hobby fishermen in Arillas that are not amused by the new rules.
 I know this sounds crazy for a place like Arillas but the measures are unfortunately taken from one Government and are valid for the whole country.  However, professional fishermen can still go fishing.
It is the first time of my life that I see so many police cars in Arillas passing by even three times a day. according to a small talk  4 foreign nationals were arrested and given a fine on the north beach for sunbathing....

It is also the first time of my life that I see people IN ARILLAS wearing a surgery mask and gloves while walking or driving... this is the only strange thing I feel to report.There does not seem to be any shortage of goods in any shop we visited.
Another incredible issue will be the GREEK EASTER in the Corona Virus Crisis in Greece. Αccording to Stelios Petsas the Deputy Minister to the Prime Minister and Government Spokesma said on the Greek Radio News:  The Easter spit roasted lamb is an occasion for a company, a gathering. We all know what's going on in the neighborhoods and the flats of apartment buildings. What we must prevent is the gathering ",, repeating that this Easter we will not go to our villages, we will not skewer the lambs in our yards and we will not go to our churches ."We have faith in ourselves. We will celebrate next year and next year it is enough to have our loved ones with us. So let's skewer the coronavirus this year by staying at home and taking protection measures, "he said.Additionally the government made Calls on Greek MPs, ministers to donate 50% of salary to fight COVID-19.Up to the moment I'm Typing this we have already the second covid-19 case officially  in Corfu an elderly person form Corfu Town, more people have been tested today and yesterday and we are awaiting for their results.In Greece The average age of the 92 patients who are Intensive Care Units  is 66 and 70% of them have other underlying conditions. Up to now,11 patients have been discharged from ICUs.
bellow I made a video of our Arillas Webcam today , Enjoy.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Booking.com