Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down  (Read 44428 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2020, 04:55:44 PM »
Hi Dimitris - where has it been reported that we will all have to wear face masks when in public??  That wasn't mentioned in the article that I read from the Keep Talking Greece website.  It seems a very odd decision to take now (1) because no one can agree whether they make any difference or not and (2) because we've all been wandering around without them for the last two months!!  Thanks, Wendy

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2020, 05:09:11 PM »
Eggy, over here we have a number (3) and that is where the eccythump can you buy a face mask as all shops and builders merchants have sold out so that means you have to starve until some come from China. Don't hold your breath Neil cos it will take a while.
Have a good day at least you are sitting where a lot of us would love to be even if we had to have a face mask on. Hope to see you soon but our next holiday is not likely as the flights will not be flying in time for the start of our start up so sods law is in the way. See you soonish ??????     

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2020, 05:24:46 PM »
Hi again Dimitris - just to let you know that I have now seen article confirming what you said - that face masks are compulsory or "strongly recommended" (which is a completely different thing!!) in public places and that we will be fined 150 euros for not wearing one.  As it also says in the article "this Prime Minister seems to have a 150 euro solution for every Greek problem"!!!  Wendy

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2020, 05:29:21 PM »
Hi Dimitris - where has it been reported that we will all have to wear face masks when in public??  That wasn't mentioned in the article that I read from the Keep Talking Greece website.  It seems a very odd decision to take now (1) because no one can agree whether they make any difference or not and (2) because we've all been wandering around without them for the last two months!!  Thanks, Wendy
Hi wendy,
I agree with you, I'm not sure that I will be able to serve in my taverna wearing a mask.
and ... if you are eating at my Taverna how would you be able to  smoke if you wear a mask?
 in a couple of days it will all be clear I hope.
I have been reading in various Greek newspapers that Masks are going to be compulsory  for workers and customers of small shops, barbers, hairdressers etc as well as in public transport. also all workers in Supermarkets must wear a mask by the law from 4th of May.

I found some English information here :
https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/04/29/greeks-must-learn-how-to-live-with-face-masks-or-face-stiff-fine/

As of that date, the use of masks is mandatory or strongly recommended in enclosed spaces such as hospitals, supermarkets and grocery stores, retail and other shops, public transport and taxis. This is especially true in areas where there is close physical contact, like in hairdressers, barbershops and beauty parlors and driving license schools.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2020, 05:44:27 PM »

Hi

Thanks for the update Dimitris if we have to wear a mask how you going to eat the food you dish up
But it sounds good news for the tourists if it happens

Kev

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2020, 05:58:31 PM »
Thank you Dimi, lovely to hear that you might be able to have a bit more freedom sooner then later. Pete and I have had our flight cancelled as expected.  Hope you all stay well once the rules are relaxed and everything goes well. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Lots of love to All.x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2020, 06:57:36 PM »

Hi

Thanks for the update Dimitris if we have to wear a mask how you going to eat the food you dish up
But it sounds good news for the tourists if it happens

Kev

Its only vitual food

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2020, 07:21:53 PM »
Did you hear that , yesterday,  a Bank, in Athens was robbed but the culprits were not recognised as they were not wearing masks!!
Negg

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2020, 09:48:12 PM »
Good evening dear Arillas Friends

WE are now on the phase of unlocking! 'Arillas style'!
Since the fourth of May we are back out at the streets as many small shops are now able to open again. Finally swimming is allowed as well as summer sports like windsurfing ,, surfing, SUP, etc.

we had two good windy days where I could go out on my windsurf I ENJOYED EVERY MOMENT.

The beach has been busy with locals on a daily basis . It's so nice to see the local kids going out on their bikes and play again all together, soon the reopening of schools will start...
We have not had any significant news about coronavirus in Corfu island for many days! We are all waiting for the next stage of unlocking which is going to be from the 1st of June. Then all cafes and tavernas will be able to open with tables and chairs under certain distance- regulations and virus safety .
Tourism is set to start from the 1st July according to the latest news.
On the 15th of May we are going to have the first announcements of how things are going to function , health protocols for bars, tavernas, restaurants cafes as well as hotels and other accommodation. I'm not going to go through different scenarios. I will wait and let you know as soon as we have our official information.

Greece is trying to promote tourism and fix protocols that are going to help the economy without risking the health of locals or the visitors.

My taverna is open since last Wednesday only for takeaway with limited menu and staff.

The pizzeria next door opened as well !
So far we are all  in good business only with the local population . People where so happy that they do not have to cook after about 40 days of lockdown.

It does not seem to be such a big problem wearing a mask in public places which is only compulsory for workers in food business and shops. As well as in public buses , trains, etc, it is only strongly advised to wear a mask as a customer
The only bad news I have is that it is getting hotter and hotter and  THE MOSQUITOES arrived.... they do not have any tourists and we are their only customers. AOUCH!!!!!

Stay safe and keep calm,
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2020, 07:33:39 AM »

HI Dimitris

Thanks for the update it is looking good we can see light at the end of the tunnel at last

kevin

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2020, 11:02:31 AM »
Hi Kevin

I admire your optimism. There might be light at the end of Greece's tunnel but the tunnel is still dark at the  UK end.

Our phase 3 of lifting the lockdown is July earliest and even then that does not mean complete freedom. Our preditions, for whatever reason,  have not been accurate of late.

I don’t think Greece will open its borders to all  visitors this year. I should imagine various countries will be excluded who are not deemed to be free of the virus.
A good indicator I suppose would be no new cases within the incubation period of virus.
Their  own security will be paramount.

As of yesterday the UK has the fourth highest death rate in Europe per million citizens. Belgium being the highest.

Don’t know how long our new quarantine period for people entering the UK will last. This will have a major influence on peoples travel plans.

Although according the press today, Johnson and Macron have agreed the quarantine will not apply between France and the UK!!!
Dont fancy a French holiday.lol

Keep safe and well all

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2020, 09:00:08 PM »
Hi

Matt Hancock said today international holidays are unlikely this Summer. He was asked  if  Summer was cancelled and he said that is likely to be the case.
We have not made a final decision on that yet, but we will seek to re open some hospitalty from early July in the UK. Social distancing of some kind will continue.
It is  unlikely that intenational holidays are going to be possble this Summer, I think that is just a reality of life

Geoff

Offline Felya

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2020, 10:55:14 PM »
They said by 1st of July if all goes well. No details but I assume that R should be as it is now and there will be a form of agreement between Greece and the countries that will allow their citizens to travel, from EU mostly.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2020, 09:50:40 PM »
I agree with Kev. Very unlikely we will be let into Corfu this year☹
Certainly that is the impression I am getting from our hosts in Arillas.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2020, 08:54:07 PM »
Hi
Just watching BBC news and they were in Greece. It was said they will open to tourists next month but not from the UK

Geoff

Booking.com