Author Topic: North Beach or South Beach  (Read 35382 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
North Beach or South Beach
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:24:49 AM »
Heather and I have used and enjoyed both but sometime we find the south offers a quieter place to go- even tho it`s more rocky in the sea. Do you all have your favourite ends of the beach.
 Also it will be interesting to see what changes have happened during winter- more or less sand?- more pebbles etc.
 For those who haven`t tried either end of the beach, just the middle, give it a shot- you might like it.
                         Yammas  Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

riggers

Re: North Beach or South Beach
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:45:27 AM »
Ha ha unfortunately i am a bit to shy for that (even when drunk). Hmm i will stay by the pool (bar included) drinking and sunbathing. :D  haha

riggers...............

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 01:56:05 AM »
Paul luvver, the south end is also a brilliant place. I mostly spend my time without incumbrance at the other end, but have posted about the south end and have spent many a happy time there.

Past Grazella and the gorgeous prawns, red wine and mezes, it's a wonder I ever get that far! But we do. Jen and me love to have a quiet lunch with Yannis and Thomas at Grazella then walk along the other end as we call it. Jen gives up at the rocks and I go on. Cossie or not is irrelevant there, nobody cares. Another piece of Arillas. The south end of the beach is quite special. I just love it.

riggers luvver, forget the shyness, join me and jen on the south end or the established north end. All of the shame and crap just disappears. Ask Sandy about it. We know...

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 02:08:04 AM »
Absolutely phil....who cares?
Sandy x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 01:08:43 PM »
No, I don't care either!

Just love the north end and the south end.  I usually have to swim to get the dried seaweed off me at the south end though - Colin says it's like sinking into a couch.

lynn xx

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 01:41:11 PM »
I spend most of my 'beach time' at the south end. I wander down the road from the Bardis Sun Hotel after one of Dorita's fantastic breakfasts in just my shorts and shirt and a pair of flip-flops, down the steps opposite Graziella, and sit and enjoy the peace as I watch the waves. Real 'unwinding' time! Lunch time it's back up the steps to Graziella's sun terrace and a nice Greek salad and a cold Mythos! Always a good chat with Thomas and the boys and others, some visiting for the first time, then refreshed, off to get changed into 'exploring' mode, walking shoes back pack etc. to find those special photo's for the album!
Nine weeks to go and counting!
Yammas,
Martin.
Arillas, η μόνη θέση για με, τους φίλους, την ειρήνη και τη χαλάρωση.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »
hmm north/south...both lovely...
me i like the middle near to helens crepery and the coconut .........yammas..<riggs u prude> lol..................

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »
I think my favourite bit of the beach is now the south end - last time we were there it seemed they had cleared a lot of the rocks and it was in the south end we spent a great afternoon snorkling. I just think all of the beach is great though

Take Care
Mary

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 10:44:38 PM »
Kevin - I'm a middler too :-)

xxx

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 08:38:02 AM »
I love to park my back side on the beach in front of Thalassa so that it is not far to get up and go for a quick drink or lunch :)
Life is good ;)

riggers

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 01:36:29 AM »
A very wise choice Erja mi Love :)  Maybe not to far from the NUT neither  :D

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Hi Mary is it good snorkling on South beach
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 04:48:06 AM »
I think my favourite bit of the beach is now the south end - last time we were there it seemed they had cleared a lot of the rocks and it was in the south end we spent a great afternoon snorkling. I just think all of the beach is great though

Take Care
Mary

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 08:56:37 AM »
The snorkeling was great off the south beach, we saw lots of exotic looking fishes, but there was a bit of a current  the further out you went so I guess you've got to be quite a strong swimmer.

Take Care

Mary

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
South Bwach snorkling
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 11:45:56 AM »
The snorkeling was great off the south beach, we saw lots of exotic looking fishes, but there was a bit of a current  the further out you went so I guess you've got to be quite a strong swimmer.

Take Care

Mary
Hi Mary thanks for South beach info will def give it try in sept, Take care ,be good eh ! lol

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »
We used the South Beach last year, as we found it more "interesting" with rocks and pools. The only disappointment was an old kitchen appliance on the beach. I would have loved to have removed it but if I had no facilities to carry it away.

Just one piece of rubbish like this can spoil a beautiful place.

Booking.com