Author Topic: North Beach or South Beach  (Read 35385 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Re: North Beach or South Beach
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »
Hi Terry!
That wasn't there in May last year. I wonder who put it there? Can't imagine anyone from Arillas doing it! They must also have 'phantom' fly tippers.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »
Looks like the south beach is ahead at present.  However my own preference is for the north beach - down the steps from the Kaloudis, turn right, walk half a mile and bingo - beach heaven.
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »
While I agree that the south beach is very quiet, I also agree that it seems to have more than its share of seaweed and rocks.  However its perfect for a wander:-

Having said that the south beach can be very peaceful especially in the morning:-

You pays your money and takes your choice!  How wonderful that all we forum members have discovered the beautiful beaches of Arillas.
Pat

Offline lucy

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 05:38:44 PM »
Hi, I´m coming to Arillas for the first time in June with my family and we will stay near to the south side of the beach. On the map the beach seems to be quite long direction south, with beautiful rocks, but I´m not sure whether it is possible to come to these places without getting wet and with a buggy. Is it possible to walk along the beach to the south end without going into water? Are there nudists on the south end? Ehat about the water temperature in the middle of June?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »
Hi Lucy. Welcome to my world... built with you in mind...

The south end of the beach is as beautiful as it all is. There were very few rocks impeding your passage to the far end of the bay last year. There may be the odd naturist there, but most of us are at the other north end. It is an ideal spot for families with young kids. Steps down next to Grazella (a superb place to eat amongst so many others) and head to the left. The beach there often sees families playing games and enjoying themselves. More solitude can be had by walking further in that direction.

Have a look at our holiday report from last September. Yous can have whatever you want in Arillas.

http://www.arillas.com/page/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,165/topic,4134.0/lang,en

Enjoy - you will be back...
Phil

Offline lucy

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 09:28:18 AM »
Hi, I´m coming to Arillas for the first time in June. We´re going to stay on the south end of Arillas. The south end of the beach looks beautiful - is it possible to get there even with small children and a buggy, or do we have to walk through water? What about the water temperature in the middle of June? In other destinations on Greek Islands we had problems with wind  - is Arillas windy?

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »
Hi Lucy
Have been in Arillas in May and June.  Found the water warm enough for swimming both months.
I shouldn't worry about getting onto the beach with a buggy.  If you don't like the steps by the Graziella, its not a long walk to the Horizon Hotel where there is easy access to the beach - in other words flat.  Then you can choose any part of the beach you like - its all good.
You will not need to walk through water to get to most of the beach.  Some years the North beach is only accessible by wading past a jutting rock - depends on what the winter waves have done to the beach.
I think most islands are windy especially in the afternoon, but we've had few troubles with wind in Arillas, so don't think you need worry.
In fact I think you will probably have one of the best holidays ever.
Best wishes
Pat

Offline lucy

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 02:56:35 PM »
Thanks for your replies, I´m allready looking forward to our holiday!  Sorry for writing two similar posts, I just got a little confused.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »
We enjoy both ends although the North end does tend to be more lively. It is nice that there are two different ends to choose from. As I recall last year we alternated between both ends.
It's all lovely.

Karen

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 09:29:37 AM »
We discovered the South Beach last year. We tended to spend the mornings there in our own company and then we'd spend the afternoon at the pool at mirage. The South Beach did have a small amount of rubbish abd more wasps but the quietness of it made up for that. I spent many a happy hour there last August.

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »
We only discovered the south beach last june, on our 9th visit! usually we spend a lot of time on the north beach. We always visit in june (first two weeks this year) and always find the water warm enough for a good swim.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 11:32:18 PM »
NicandJohn luvvers, 9th visit? The forum needs people like yous. Quiet and getting on with it. Enjoying the Arillas thing. Addicts like Jen and me.

Where do you stay? Have yous eaten at Vavilas (Thmoas's sea bream to die for) what does Arillas do for yous? Please share it with us.

Phil

riggers

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 12:01:02 AM »
I'm sure they was at the Kaloudis last June when we was there. The only trouble is you don't like going round saying are you ........................such a body.

riggers............

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »
Know what you mean, riggers, but that hasn't stopped me.  Just ask Eggy, Dimitris or Patrick!!
The best response was from Dimitris with "Who's asking?"  Said with a twinkle in his eye of course.
Sorry Boss,
lol,
lynn xx

Offline georgia

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 12:00:12 AM »
Hee hee, I agree with Riggers on this one. We sat eating in Amourada last Sept and I saw a couple sitting at a table, the man I was sure I recognised from the forum. As we were leaving I approached the table and asked him if he was a member of the forum, turned out I was mistaken and I felt a total berk!
Consequently when I saw somebody else I thought I recognized from the forum, Phil, I did not dare speak in case I was mistaken..ho hum. x

Booking.com