Author Topic: North Beach or South Beach  (Read 35383 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: North Beach or South Beach
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 01:32:05 AM »
We found the south beach had more natural beauty, it bent round to the left, so you were never sure what was round the headland. Like others have said great for snorkelling as there are more rocks in the sea. And like others also said it was slightly spoilt by discarded umbrellas, water bottles and a fridge (late June early July 08) Would love to be a beach womble and keep it clean, would only cost a couple of meals and a beer and somewhere to lay my hat of a night. What a job eh? I got some great underwater digital footage of the fish snorkelling off the south beach, oh happy days.

Offline MaryH

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 08:54:08 AM »
I know what you mean about discarded rubbish - we saw that fridge early in September but the swimming there was brilliant - I'm hoping to take some underwater photos there in May - but it certainly does have a natural beauty as does all of the beach.

Take care

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 06:21:32 PM »
Maybe a few waste bins further along the south end of the beach for the smaller items such as water bottles, cans etc. would be good. They could be covered with old beach mats so they sort of look in place. It’s wonderful to wander along the shoreline, looking at the unusual bits of wood washed up, skimming a few flat stones with not a sound of anything but the sea. Even the banks of strange seaweed offer a very comfy seat should you get a bit tired. Strangest thing I ever saw as a dead weasel type creature at the foot of the cliffs. Looked like it had wandered too close to the scrub at the top of the cliff (maybe 30 metres high) in the night and fell.

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »
That's a good idea about the waste bins. There are some lovely things to find along the shore line, and small deep pools like a mini beach hot tub they reminded me of when we were there last as the sea was so warm. Aw poor little weasel going too close to the edge.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 03:55:24 PM »
Hi Everyone

Can confirm what Lynn says about introducing oneself to other forum members.  Was very pleased when she said hello to Julia & I.  Later Viv bounded out and introduced herself as well.  A day or two later I thought I'd spotted Eggy - but it was not he!  Felt a bit of a twit - but never mind perhaps I'll achieve my ambition of spotting him and saying hello this year.
Hadn't thought of snorkelling off the south beach, having only tried the jetty and north beach so far.  Will give it a go in 2009.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »
Hya
I too thought I was too shy to introduce my self to other forum members but when I was there last September and spotted Phil and Jenny on our 1st night there, I just went over  and said I'm Mary , are you Phil and Jenny, and as they are such warm people it lead to speaking to other Forum members.

The South Beach was great for snorkelling, mind it was the 1st time I'd had a go so I'm sure the other parts of the beach are good too.

Take Care

Mary

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 10:02:49 PM »
And we were very glad to meet you Mary. I do understand the feelings of "what if they aren't?" and just walking past. But often you could just say hello, explain and have a chat. Have met many people that way in Arillas.

It's worse when you don't recognise them straight away. Forum pics are notoriously difficult to translate into real faces. We were introduced to Cheryl by Eggy in the Horizon, and must have seemed very aloof. It took quite a while before the penny dropped and we recognised her. Fortunately, she is such a charming person we just laughed it off and had many a chat thereafter.

It's worth the risk - no-one seems to mind if you make a mistake...

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 11:39:36 PM »
Or you just run out into the road to say hello like I did near the bakery when I espied Phil and Jen walking past.....I'd recognise that hair anywhere....
Sandy x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 11:43:16 PM »
Lol Sandy!

If I remember rightly, Viv told Patrick she'd recognise those legs anywhere!!

riggers

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 11:47:06 PM »
I have to say Jen is the one i recognised first. I was walking past the Nut as you do, no intention of going in (hrrr hmm). The first i recognised was Jen. Then that was it Phil got me drunk all the time lol, only joking matey.

riggers.........

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 12:46:31 AM »
Guilty as charged m'lud. Or was it the other way round? Ask PaulC's Di - she picked my legs up off the road on the way back to the studio....

And yes, Jen's beautiful long hair is always gonna make us conspicuous. Know what? We don't care!

Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 12:58:27 AM »
Good on yer, Phil and Jen!!

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 12:08:55 PM »
Hi Folk
Just for the record nobody recognizes me by my hair - its rather the opposite.
All the best
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »
Dare I bring up the subject of an 'Arillas Website' badge again! It would certainly break the ice and you would know that if you spotted someone wearing one it would be sure to be a member!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
Yes Martin,I`ll second that- shaped as a large bottle of Mythos!!!!

I`d wear it on my T-shirt- except the beach of course, where it would have to be pinned elsewhere!!!!!!!   

Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com