Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 353935 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #585 on: April 04, 2013, 02:07:05 AM »
Yes, many thanks Neill. Your reports are well received by all of us, and are as they have all said, a winter connection with the place which is never far from our thoughts. Jen and I have been privileged to see some of the "action" live, and some of the "drama" too.

In particular, though, you have been so generous to the forum in maintaining this thread. You now seem to have TWO rods down your back, with Arillas Today as well. Promise to give you a respite on that one for a few weeks when we're there in July.

So, the first ouzo is on me when we get there. (The rest will be on you of course........)

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #586 on: April 04, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »
Thanks Guys/Gals

It's fun doing these posts. Keeps the brain active. Arillas today will soon take first priority now we move closer to May.

Presentation for Darts will be on Saturday 13th April at Sunset Bar
(Ag. Stephanos)

Tickets which include food and live music are 10e. Maybe a non profit raffle with cash prizes and money left over for some extra wine.
About 50 people at the moment so anyone here let us know as soon as......

Negg

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #587 on: April 04, 2013, 01:33:41 PM »
Many thanks for keeping us all in touch with Arillas during the winter Neill.Your reports are always eagerly awaited and anticipated.Please congratulate all the members of the winter darts league for their efforts during the season.Will see you at the Rainbow in early June           Regards   Ron.

Offline momo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #588 on: April 24, 2013, 10:09:10 PM »
Have enjoyed your reports over the dreary winter, Eggy. Thanks. Please congratulate Jimmy for Dave and me and tell him we're looking forward to staying at the Rainbow again in August/ September. Hope your darts are busy then. See you soon. x

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #589 on: July 29, 2013, 04:19:22 PM »
Hi Neill

As the darts final in Blackpool finished last night we just wondered was there anything of interest left in it for you? lol,

Sandra and Jim

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #590 on: July 29, 2013, 04:42:12 PM »
Well....... As Adrian Lewis lost!!! - Need I say more??

I am the grim reaper of darts betting and am thinking about "Begging Letters" to Pro players.
Something along the lines as:-
"Send me 100 euros or I will place a bet on you to win this competition."

(Maybe I am better at Bingo???)

Neill

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #591 on: July 29, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »
Haha, could you start off with Taylor then and give the others a chance!  Why don't you assign each player a bingo number, put them in the ball thingummy, then young Paniotis can turn the handle and the first number out is your man!!!

Good luck for next season and hope the old shoulder recovers in time

Sandra and Jim

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #592 on: August 14, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »
The "Grand August Annual" darts K/O took place at Rainbow on Tuesday and attracted ,in excess, of 20 players.

The "Old Guard" were there, represented by Capt Bob n Pavlos (Night Owl) plus Big Al (Sunset Bar), Eggy (Armourada) together with Rainbow's Dimitris and Stammatis. UK Guests, from last year, were also back for another go, including Jersey Steve, Young Ben, Mr Snape, Charlie n Jerry. New kids on the block included Paniotis (Son Of Dimitris) and Vassilis, representing "Nickoletas" , Ag Stephanos. Plus Young Yiannis for Rainbow and Dimi for Nickoletas.
And the two youngest players in the competition, Paniotis and Vassilis , both 11 years old, showed the veterans how the game should be played.

For Paniotis, his trip to the final, included scalps of Capt Bob and Jersy Steve whilst Vassilis surprised all, in his semi final against Rainbow Dimi, with one hundred out (T20 - D20) to get that 2nd final slot.
180's were scored by Paniotis and Capt Bob.

The final saw no margin for error from both players with high scores and clinical double finishing. Paniottis clinched the result with a fine finish to take the match 2-0. (Allowing his opponent only 3 darts at a double)

Not bad guys for a couple of 11 year olds.
Pani has been playing for just over a year and Vassilis for around 5 months.
What will they be like next year??

Once again Jaycee Trophies supplied the awards and are now the major suppliers for our Arillas Tavernas who offer regular Summer K/O's for those
on holiday. http://www.jayceetrophies.co.uk/

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #593 on: August 14, 2013, 10:08:07 PM »

Brilliant report, glad everyone had a good time.

Not bad for a couple of 11year olds .......is a vast understatement Negg. I would say it was super.

Well done to Paniotis and Vassilis for showing how it's done.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #594 on: August 14, 2013, 10:56:40 PM »
Ah Val meluvver, you know how to crack Eggs....

Loved reading the report too. Not so much darts as a new Soap! I have loved following the darts league ever since Eggy started posting.  Occasionally I get to share their atmosphere, and love that even more.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #595 on: August 24, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »
"He's not Bergerac but he gets his doubles "Wright" and stings his opponents "

It wasn't John "Nettles", but Jersey John Wright ,one of the three Jersey boys, who won the August Bonanza darts, on Thursday at Armourada. Well supported, with another field of 18 players, "Young Guns" Paniotis n Vasilis n Dimitris crash after first round games, but playing very well. There has to be a loser though. "Big Al" reminded hot favourite "Jersey Jacko" of this with some double finishing which would have confused Leonardo Da Vinci!!. Byeee Jacko!
(Jacko had already sent Jersey Steve back to his table to finish his meal)

Negg was happy to scrape though in two rounds but then got his "ceramics" glazed by Hippos Pete who got to the semi-final.

It was "Jersey John" who cracked the finishing of Pete in that semi with a 2-1 win who then went on to take the final 2-1 against "Big Al!
Unlucky for Alan as supporter Liz had already spent the prizemoney!!

A super night yet again and hosts, Armourada, looked after every one very well

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #596 on: September 29, 2013, 05:32:44 PM »
" Super Calum goes ballistic and makes others feel atrocious!!............ "
........ on doubles out, that is. - It certainly was a "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" of clinical finishes.

At last Thursday's "Round Robin" Knock Out. where all play all, at Tria Adelphia, it was young Calum who ran out the winner, only losing 3 legs in total, and winning all his matches.
Many know Calum, grandson of Mick n Jill who bring this lad every year to teach the locals how to play.

He takes back to the UK, with him, a super award from the night and much more respect from the guys that play him , every year.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #597 on: September 29, 2013, 06:05:10 PM »
justloveit!

justphil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #598 on: September 29, 2013, 10:12:30 PM »

Congratulation to Callum, and Neill, take a bow for all the encouragement you have given him over the years.

We have never met Mick, Jill and Callum, but you must all feel very proud.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #599 on: September 29, 2013, 11:12:28 PM »
Lovin it....

Calum has seen a serious focus develop over his formative years, and I hope he will one day get the commentarty on TV "One hundrid and EIGHTY!!!!" And as a result become one of our revered darts professionals.

Eggy and Arillas may have primed the pump, but it is up to him. Maybe the name Naughton will replace Taylor one day soon as the recognisable darts star. GO FOR IT CALUM!!!!!

Phil

Booking.com