Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 351176 times)

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #720 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
Good news indeed neil yiammas

Offline Wayne Evans

« Reply #721 on: March 15, 2015, 11:38:47 PM »
Hi Negg, Hope all you guys are doing good in the darts. All going well will be over july, august again so fingers crossed. Hope the darts is still going strong by then as im sure it will be. Good luck & see you all soon.....Wayne Evans Sept 2014 at Tria Adelphia.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #722 on: March 16, 2015, 09:37:25 AM »
Good to hear from you Wayne and hoping you and yours are all well.

We had a small Winter mid-week league here but only 4 Teams. Very close with only 3 points between the first 3. We also had a weekend league of 501 singles.
(9 of us playing a Round Robin format, each player vs each other 3 times.)

When you are over we will organise something with the boys. Let me know dates when you ready.

Cheers to All
Neill

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #723 on: May 08, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »
" THE ROVERS RETURN"

The "NOMADS" 2nd Summer League, started last Tuesday, at Nickoletos, with Andy(Sea Monkeys) Stewart hoping to retain the Jersey Challenge Shield,  that he won last year. Sponsored by the "Jersey Boys" , Steve n John, this has become a very sought after shield indeed.!!!

(Now with 9 players this is a League where every one plays every one 3 times and wander on to another venue each match night)

Andy starts well, with a 180, beating Roda Team mate, Alistair by 3-0. He then disposed of "Hippo Pete" , last Summer's third by 3-1. However , last Summer's runner up, Sidari Dave, held no fear and Andy left that match with a 3-1 against him.
But with a 14 dart leg and 24 merits scores he sits firmly on the top of the table with 6 points from 3 games and a 75% win average.
However, Sidari Dave is on his tail with 4 points and a game in hand.

Other matches saw Negg beat Billy C, but then missed doubles cost him against "Sidari Bill" and Alistair. "Hippo Pete's" 2nd match also sent Billy C packing.
Young Vasillis held "Kavaddades Doug" to a draw as Doug did to Alistair.

A total of 77 merit scores were recorded , including a 14 dart leg by Andy and a 99 out by Dougie. Negg brings up the rear with an 85 out and 21 darts.
Results as follows. Cheers Negg

ANDY  - Won 2 from 3
DAVE - Won 2 from 2
Bill B - Won 1 from 2
Negg - Won 1 from 3
Alistair Won 1 from 3 ( 1 draw )
Pete - won 1 from 2
Doug - Won 1 from 3 ( 2 draws)
Vasillis won 0 from 3 ( 2 Draws)
Billy C - won 0 from 2.

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #724 on: May 08, 2015, 05:17:15 PM »
How do you get a 'draw'??

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #725 on: May 08, 2015, 07:54:39 PM »
Anne

We play 4 legs of 501 so the end result could be 3-1 , 3-0 , or 2-2.

The draws come into place should there be an eventual tie on wins at the end of the Summer.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #726 on: September 15, 2018, 06:42:25 PM »
" Good 'Evans' , it's WAYNES WORLD all over again "

I thought I would re-vamp this as the lil 'ole bugger was back this year.............
Tuesday 12th September - A 4 Nations K/O , held at Tria Adelphia which bought in quality not quantity. Obviously the Welsh were there, taking the occassional leek, which I think were tactics!.  - The Scots were there , with David still trying to remove the padlock from his wallet , and the English appeared still worrying if a "no deal on Brexit" , can they still hit treble 20?? - Not a problem to me as couldn't hit it before!! Followed by the laid back Greek Team who say " I will hit the double avrio"  Twas a Welsh vs Scottish final and something which may happen in the next "Football Worl Cup" - Who Knows??
Yet another win for Wayne. ( Could say Waynes Win not Waynes World ) beating David 2-1 in the final.
Sorry , David , concentrate on the doubles and stop trying to find that padlock!!

A super evening which found me still awake at 11:30 pm. - Must have been a good night. A nice place to be and for darters, a darts area which is an out of the way place which bothers no one. - If I was still awake at 11:30 it must have been a good night. - Did I hit a winning double?? Did I give a "monkeys bum"

Cheers
Negg

Offline Wayne Evans

« Reply #727 on: September 15, 2018, 07:03:48 PM »
Had a fabulous time with great company yet again & thank you for all your work setting upgames & venues etc Neil. You are a gent. Nice to see Mo & Dave  & the rest of the gang. Great holiday with fab people. Thanks again. Wayne & Debbie

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #728 on: September 17, 2018, 12:45:52 PM »
After a super Tuesday evening at Tria, Rainbow were our hosts for a Friday afternoon binge. Good to see you guys again , plus Kev n Bev , although Bev chose a sunbed instead of darts. (Something I wished I had done!! , but after losing in the 2nd round my afternoon binge could continue in peace.) Kevin made it 1-1 against Wayne and then , so I am told , ran a lap of honour around Arillas. Rumour only , but he was so tired he missed out on that deciding leg. - Mo , and local lady Jean did enough to make others panic but lost on those pesky doubles. - Dimitris , Neighbour Makis and David (as in Mo n Dave) also did their bit , in between the binge as did the "Rainbow Boys" Panis and Yannis.
The final saw "Last Man Standing" being Wayne with his win against Makis. - Good final and pleasure to mark the board.
The World was indeed Waynes Oyster but it could have been his Prickly Pear!! - I will leave that one for others to decide , should he be back to defend his title.
(Obviously references will be needed , How many A levels , points on driving licence , the ability to hit double one with less that 27 darts)
This week will be a very quiet one for me , me-thinks. -
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com