Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101785 times)

Offline ianhlong

Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #3075 on: July 18, 2009, 02:12:11 AM »
Hi Jo,
so glad that someone wishes to have a retirement drink with us.
So where and when do you want your Pina Colada plus your partners drink.
Is it the alcohol, am i tired or do the bloody keys just keep jumping around.
please reply
Ian

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3076 on: July 18, 2009, 02:43:46 AM »
Ian we are here right now. Life for us is as good as it gets. Jen and me are a well known pair of Arillas Addicts.

I couldn't hack retirement so I now do part time teaching four days a week.

In the end, you do what you really want to within your budget. In our case it will be living in NW Corfu forever as soon as we can.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3077 on: July 18, 2009, 08:42:18 AM »
Ian

I will be on the look out for you. Equally ,if you see someone throwing darts in a Taverna or Bar...................

Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3078 on: July 18, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
*duck! :-)

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3079 on: July 18, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »
Jo - Very wise advice there.
( Is that why people always stoop down when walking past Rainbow? )

Greetings from a hot and a twinge clammy North Corfu where the temp sits at 28 deg now, at Midday in the balcony shade, at Kavadaddes. A slight breeze and I'm told it could be a little heavier in Arillas tomorrow.

A little vist planned to Arillas today for a recce.

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3080 on: July 18, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »
Jo meluvver he speaks sense. Walking past the Bow at 3pm "duck" is a good idea. Whether it is HelsBels and Keefy, KevandBev, PhilanadJen, PaulC or erja, it is not safe to be nearby. There will be a new law soon...

Wish we were all doing it now!
Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3081 on: July 18, 2009, 08:28:54 PM »
Today has been FANTASTIC AGAIN

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3082 on: July 18, 2009, 09:39:58 PM »
And ..... 28 deg at 9:40 pm.

Will it start to cool down so it can get hotter avrio?

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3083 on: July 19, 2009, 12:14:42 AM »
Arillas Today is as hot  as it gets. The film title was wrong, but we have a wedding and no funerals. Jen and Phil just spent a PERFECT evening at Graziella (yes, with an I) eating our favourite food which is their Garlic Prawns.

We worked out with the help of Thomas, that this was our fourteenth time eating that meal there. (Bit stale now you're reckoning.) Er no it was fantastic again. Perfectly cooked and apart from the finger bowl, they even brought us a towel! You might think I'm joking but I'm not. Messy eaters? Well with that in front of you... and just 12 euros??

Arillas Today has enough beach for all who want any, and apart from looking in the mirror, more happy faces than I could count. And before the jokes start remember I used to teach accounting.... Oh all right then it was two. About two thousand.

Arillas is a very happy place right now. There are issues but these will get debated at length on the forum.

Our trip (I refuse to call it a holiday) has been magical. Again. I can bore for Greece on that subject, but this is the truth I'm telling you. Wish you were here... and I b****y mean it.

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3084 on: July 19, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »
Our trip (I refuse to call it a holiday) has been magical. Again. I can bore for Greece on that subject, but this is the truth I'm telling you. Wish you were here... and I b****y mean it.

I believe you Phill luvver! Big hugs to Jen and everyone alike :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3085 on: July 19, 2009, 06:06:14 PM »
Arillas Today is hot and wild. The strong winds are being cheered as a welcome respite to the heat, and many happy people are swimming in the sea. The beach has taken a battering though.

Insomniac Phil was spotted half-naked (I emphasise HALF!) walking to the sea front and sitting on my bench at 3am this morning. The wild sea was nearly in my sandals and I seriously enjoyed the peace, solitude and beauty that keeps bringing me back here.

During today we sat with John and Dot on a (different) bench and some gusts were enough to sand-blast you. But everyone around us was smiling. Within ten minutes it became forum corner, and many devotees of Arillas and this website were congregated there being blown away. Literally.

I had to stop our Eileen from falling over, but I suspect there may be another cause of that....

Phil and Jen then sat for a couple of hours (might have been four) in Thalassa, and chilled out as only Arillas hippies can. Dinner at Brouklis tonight then ???

Arillas today is just as special as ever to Jen and me.
Phil

PS Eileen meluvver, you can shoot me later...

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3086 on: July 19, 2009, 07:53:55 PM »
Arillas Today is hot and wild.  strong wind

Yer not wrong there Phil.... But , like you I never saw a sad face and, even though a bit of sandblasting was the name of the game, the beach was being put to a very good use.

It's takes a brave person to venture out in this, me-thinks.

Well,maybe not brave but just someone who's determined to have a good time in't water.

Farewells ,and a very safe journey home, to Ref John and Dot tomorrow. Good people and I never thought I'd have nice things to say about a "Footie Ref" - Only joking John.
Stay well , you two!

And.... A liitle birdie tells me that someone , staying at Akti, has bought me some Bombay Mix. - Hmmm - Who is this I wonder? - A bit of detective work in order for Avrio.

Cheers
Negg

Offline janet mcewan

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3087 on: July 19, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »
i am glad my sister and our families chose arillas when it was not so busy it was so quiet and peaceful we stayed at villa linakis so we were a wee bit away don't think i would like to visit when its so busy but i am glad for local businesses as said it sees them through the winter will be going back to arillas but it will be late june early july as we like it quiet hi neil and wendy hope to see you soon could anyone who livesin arillas say hi to viotta for us she is a lovely woman if anyone can all you have to say is family that stayed at eileen's villa

janet

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3088 on: July 20, 2009, 02:55:48 AM »
Janet we visit when "it is busy," and we visit when "it is quiet." Arillas as a holiday destination can give you both, either or anything in between. Ask us lot - we know how to do any of them.

Some of us dominated Brouklis tonight, and I really hope we didn't ruin anyone's evening. I know we didn't, but I always worry about it. Er no we weren't shouting and screaming but the laughter was very loud at times. Is quiet about not laughing together?

To us two the sound of children laughing, running around and safely enjoying it all here or anywhere else is so precious. We saw two little girls in Thalassa today and mum came running up to stop them upsetting us old farts. I just turned to her and said "They are lovely. Leave them alone." They had a whale of a time afterwards.

To quote someone nearby, Just loving it...
Answers on a postcard or a post please.
Phil

She said "Thank you."

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3089 on: July 20, 2009, 03:03:30 AM »
Oops that sounded bad. Nothing like that intended. Me trying to work out what to say.

The mother of the two little girls said thank you to Jen for saying leave them alone they're enjoying themselves. Girls just wanna have fun....

So do men medears!!

Phil

Booking.com