Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3019910 times)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9660 on: May 29, 2021, 06:25:26 PM »
They are so selfish, Our house is about 500 meters from the beach and can only go down before 8ish in morning and after 8ish at night. We have loads here today and looks like we will have for the rest of the season. Walking 6 abreast and not giving way to anybody, about 1 in each dozen wearing masks. Guess it will get worse the same as Corfu again soon. 4 weeks  ago we had 3 cases this week we have 42, we are about the size of Arillas.
Hope people over there do get fined, because our local policeman dos not seem to show any interest at all, and that really upsets me because all it would take is a few large fines and those people would either do as they should or disappear. Anyway we have still got our fingers crossed that we will see you in September. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9661 on: May 29, 2021, 06:42:14 PM »
Police down here in Devon would rather just talk to people than fine them(for travelling down from London,when they were not allowed to do it)As for the towering inferno,spoiler time Neil it gets burned down again.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9662 on: May 29, 2021, 08:23:38 PM »
I know I will get crucified for this but my opinion ( I know I'm not s scientist!) is if you're outside I don't see a problem with not wearing a mask. We HAVE to start getting back to normal soon. People do a lot worse than not following Covid rules and they get forgotten. I'd be amazed if anyone on here hasn't broken a Covid rule during all of this....
I'm at Edgbaston for the New Zealand Cricket Test on 10/6 which has been chosen as a pilot for large gatherings and I'm more than happy to be a Guinea Pig for it and hopefully all goes well !
Anyway , hard hat on and keep my head down...😂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9663 on: May 29, 2021, 08:51:20 PM »
Hi
That’s almost as bad as saying the B word lol
Keep safe
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9664 on: May 29, 2021, 09:02:02 PM »
Its close mate 😂

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9665 on: May 29, 2021, 10:17:45 PM »
Hi Karl
The problem in Arillas is that there are many  """Hey.. Laid back and Peace to all"""" peope who come here. - It is nothing for them to meet up and hug and kiss and be super nice. Not close enough to see tongues.
(No disrespect meant to any of these guys but , c.mon.. cool it down a twinge, yer not immune)
and....
.....I do not think you would go that far... even if you get the Cricket result you want?

and..... that bloody building, from the "Towering Inferno" got destroyed again. -
(Have they not learnt from previous viewings? )
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9666 on: May 29, 2021, 11:07:57 PM »
Thats fair enough mate and I agree to a certain extent but we all break the rules and I'll continue to say it on here and in my 'normal' life. I know I have!
When I was there last August lots of locals broke rules , who I would never name ..... EVER!
All I'm saying is none of us are totally innocent DOWYANO (Black Country Twist) ... 😉

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9667 on: May 30, 2021, 11:02:47 AM »

HI
Truth you are right
Last year September some restaurant owners did not wear masks when they are taking your order or serving up your dinner

we both have had the vaccines so why have we got to be tested before we go and at the airport and the same coming back
IF the GOVERMENT say the vaccine is not a protection why are we having the vaccines ? The Scientist say it will protect you
And the new vaccine you only need one jab
Is it the goverment trying to get back some mone

kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9668 on: May 30, 2021, 11:15:46 AM »
Tis fair to say that many locals needed a little education , from last year, and there are many times when we say "sod it". And many occassions when we just plain forget,.
(As I did in Corfu Town , Friday morning , for a short while)

Anyway... Arillas today welcomes "Jebbo" who will be here for a long while. Not sure if he has a return flight?
23/24 deg is the starter for his first day here.
Cheers
Negg

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9669 on: May 30, 2021, 01:00:35 PM »

HI
Truth you are right
Last year September some restaurant owners did not wear masks when they are taking your order or serving up your dinner

we both have had the vaccines so why have we got to be tested before we go and at the airport and the same coming back
IF the GOVERMENT say the vaccine is not a protection why are we having the vaccines ? The Scientist say it will protect you
And the new vaccine you only need one jab
Is it the goverment trying to get back some mone

kev

Hi Kev
The problem is that nothing about vaccines is 100%

The vaccine cannot stop you getting the virus or stop you from transmitting to others with 100% certainty.

The Fit to Fly test is a requirement of the government of many holiday destinations not the UK
The Return Home test is a requirement of the UK government in an attempt to detect you bringing the virus back to the UK, especially any variant.
Even these two tests are not 100% especially as the incubation period can be up to 14 days. Although from an Amber country there is the 10 day isolation rule as well..

It’s not even known with 100% certainty how long any protection from the vaccines lasts. It seems 6 months is accepted as ok but not certain for 12 months yet. One reason it will be a yearly jab as with the flu one.

There is one test not mentioned often, and that’s the random rapid test taken at your holiday destination/ airport. This could result in at least a 10 day quarantine in a hotel.
You may also have to self-isolate if a fellow passenger on your flight test positive later. The authorities know where you are via the PLF form.

Without the vaccine we would not be able to travel at all, and that is 100% lol

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9670 on: June 01, 2021, 01:19:02 PM »
What about the white lines which have been marked out, for parking. Right in front of the camera. What are the chances of them being used under NCP guidelines......ha

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9671 on: June 01, 2021, 06:04:41 PM »
White Lines , Billy D ??
They were done on a Sunday morning and roped off so no one could access!!
Sunday bloody morning when all want to be on the front enjoying Ina's and Kostas and Beach Point or just parking up and taking in the beach!! - Mind Boggling!! (For me? - I just drove over the tape)
(Do not UK Council "donkers" do the same thing and close roads at the busiest times??)
anyway ... will locals take notice of these no guidelines? - NO!!!
But.... this will give a good impression to visitors who will feel obliged to give them the respect they deserve.

Meanwhile... with 24 deg at 6pm and a very breezy time which blows cobwebs from my wallet I can still say it has been a fine Arillas afternoon.
Arillas is waking up, albeit slowly but, all here , are coiled springs behind the covers and when you arrive they will spring out on you and give , to you, the welcome that never changes.
(Even Kevin as he has very fast become one of Tria's Tourist attractions. They LUVIM2bits- DONCHERNO?)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9672 on: June 02, 2021, 07:23:53 PM »
Arillas today has been, yet again, a goodie.
A real goodie for me as I have not been attacked by Ash Trees and my rectum is still intact!!
(and any stools I have are made of wood and you can sit on them -)
Confused???? - See Kevins latest post on "Walking around Corfu"

Anyway .... 30 deg at 6:30 pm and a beach that is crying out for someone to be here and use it.!
(More hottie for your bottie than hot peppers in an extra hot vindaloo)
Avrio ine ali mia mera.
Cheers
Negg

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9673 on: June 05, 2021, 12:54:45 PM »
I did notice cars parked across the white lines.....must be visitors.
Also, is anyone else having problems with the Live webcam, it’s not always available ‘live’.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9674 on: June 05, 2021, 05:43:09 PM »
Billy D - WOTCANISAY? - I call many drivers PAP's as they are "Park anywhere Prats" - This is the reason why trafiic wardens, in the UK, have yellow bands on their caps. (Stops motorists parking on their head!)

Anyway... 28 deg and a very fine Arillas today indeed. - Do not worry about the webcam as there is very little to see on the webcam. (Unless it can sneak into those Bars/Tavernas that are open and spy on happy peeps!)
Not much "goings on" to see on the beach unless the webcam can zoom into the North End.
(But.... depending, on the time,that could be the makings on a new horror film- we won't go there!!)

and...... something for you all to ponder... Why was Portugal on the Green list when the Championship final was contested, and  then moved to the amber list. -
End result - Football supporters (3 points) - Holiday "goers" NOTAHOPE!! (Zero Points) like Eurovision
(and..Man City-Chelsea. Final in Portugal - WOTSALLTHATABOUT? - Are there no neutral stadiums in the UK?)

But.... the temp has risen 1deg as I type. (Outside temp not my temp)
My legs quiver as I think of a possible return to the UK. They have broken away from the EU and now Boris gives me the impression he wants the UK to be a closed shop!!
But..... always hope you guys live long and stay well ....This is no.1 on my priority list.
Negg

Booking.com