Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3081224 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9645 on: May 21, 2021, 09:56:51 PM »
Tas been a breezy Arillas today but deceptively warm with a 22deg (ruffly)
The beach looks a cracker.
17 deg at 10 pm and a " Hottie for yer bottie" next week forecast.

Another thing too neil to quote yourself many times arillas maybe to hottie for your bottie england will be to chilly for your [well you know what i mean lol]
(and................for Jackson..it's never too chilly for a decent chilli as it ends up a super "hottie for yer bottie")

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9646 on: May 22, 2021, 07:54:03 AM »
Is it right that you have up wear masks on the beach at the moment as in when sunbathing??

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9647 on: May 22, 2021, 09:43:07 AM »
I think that, on the beach, you only wear your mask when walking or standing. - So sunbathing OK then mask on to walk to the sea then mask off when in the sea? -
(What you do with a wet mask, after you've had a swim , is another question)
Tis all a tad vague though.
Negg

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9648 on: May 22, 2021, 01:07:14 PM »
I read somewhere that you have to wear a mask on the beach except when you are on your towel or swimming/ in the sea. As said above, tricky bit is keeping mask dry when in sea so you can wear going back to towel.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9649 on: May 22, 2021, 02:58:13 PM »
This seems crazy to me when we didn’t need to last year yet this year when most of us are vaccinated we have to?!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9650 on: May 22, 2021, 06:54:44 PM »
25 deg today but only a few people about. Some with masks and some without. - I do not think that the police will take the time to fine anyone for not obeying the rules, which seem to change day by day.
(Who is going to rush to pay a 300e fine before the end of their hols?? - sod off springs to mind!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9651 on: May 22, 2021, 07:04:34 PM »
Be quite funny if the police suddenly venture up the North beach lol

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9652 on: May 22, 2021, 10:34:36 PM »
Jo
They would then use a mask to cover their eyes...... but probably with little peepholes cut out!!
They certainly cannot take a statement as they have no "particulars" to take down.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9653 on: May 23, 2021, 06:44:06 PM »
A very busy "Inas" this afternoon and a very busy "Beach Kostas" - I am told that Brouklis , last night was one of the busiest times he has had for many an evening. -ANDWHYNOT!
(But do not forget to remove yer mask if you order lentil soup!!!)
Still 29 deg at 6:30 pm and Arillas is still , and always will be, a good place to be.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9654 on: May 25, 2021, 05:56:40 PM »
You guys want 33deg , at 5:30pm , then Arillas today is for you.
Twas an afternoon with a busy "Ina's" and a busy "Beach Kostas" plus many other places preparing for , what we all hope, is and onslaught of you Arilliac supporters!!
(At the moment it is Germany 5 - England 1. - No disrespect meant!! - Unless you talk football)
Tria and Rainbow all dressed up and nowhere to go. Armourada poised to spring out on passing guests and Vasiliis promises to bite yer legs if you don't speak to him.

Any place, on the Beach front, will be ready when you are ready. - Tis so sad to see Rainbow filling a pool and then waiting for people to use it. This afternoon should have been every lounger, around the pool in use.

Meanwhile ... I have a new face mask. It is a designer type and cost ne nowt!
(Got it from the owner who does not need it he was rushed to Hospital - Stomach upset, I think)

Further good news... Chinatown, Sidari,  is open and we will take advantage of them very soon. Obviously we hope that the Chef is not from Wuhan!! - I jest guys - Tis a very good place to be.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9655 on: May 27, 2021, 05:56:09 PM »

Further good news... Chinatown, Sidari,  is open and we will take advantage of them very soon. Obviously we hope that the Chef is not from Wuhan!! - I jest guys - Tis a very good place to be.

Cheers
Negg

and.... a good place 2 B twas. ,, The first meal out we have had for just under 11 months!! - All the peeps there just as welcome as ever. "Boat pushed out-money no object" . That said we paid 42e for more than we wanted, that was greatly enjoyed. - Good people plus good service and many chats in between. and.......
...... We over ordered but have more than enough to sit and watch "Pointless-BBC" tonight.

Last night I was so tempted for something unusual and asked Angelos  if he had frogs legs.
He says "No" --- this is how I always walk. (I taught him this answer... he learns the UK humour very well)

Cheers
Negg 
- whoops , forgot. Arillas today is hovering around 27 deg and very few tourists wearing masks. (THINK!!!)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9656 on: May 28, 2021, 06:03:27 PM »
Arillas today saddens me with the complacency of others.! - So many "newbies" walking here , there and everywhere without facemasks and many hugs n pecks as if nowt is a problem.
(When did tapping elbows become obsolete and kissipooos came back???)
51 cases  , in Corfu, reported Wednesday and even though all Tavernas/ bars following the rules it is a little annoying to see many going about their business as if there are immune to all around them.
Make the most of a 26 deg Arillas today but respect others.
The future of Corfu Tourism is in your hands.
Cheers
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9657 on: May 29, 2021, 10:48:07 AM »
Hi Negg

Unfortunately the picture you painted of selfish behaviour on the streets of Arillas, will I fear become  increasingly evident as the tourist season progresses.
(See https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/05/28/greece-coronavirus-cases-deaths-geography-islands-may28/ View the readers’ comments at the end of the report)

European leaders, as with worldwide governments, have had a difficult task in balancing covid, against appeasing the electorate, and attempting to balance their economy in making decisions appertaining to their country in this pandemic.

At the start of this worldwide problem Greece started off well in the infection and death rate leagues as Covid first struck outside the tourist season. With no major international airport hubs and most of the airports on the islands, Greece was able to quickly isolate very effectively.
They then started to let tourists in and the problems started.

The hard fact is, that after a year or more of contracting economic growth, Europe needs trade to recover its  losses, otherwise the outlook will be very grim.
So there this is no choice really. Tourists are needed despite the risks.

I fear that many countries will suffer with increased infection rates and sadly death rates, once the tourists have again left this year, especially with the Indian variant spreading during the holiday season.

Anybody who visits Europe this year, especially those come from a country with a low vaccination rollout, that visit a country with a low vaccination rate, may well leave behind an unpleasant gift.

Conversely those returning home may well take home an unwanted souvenir.
Which is why the UK insists on a Return Home negative test and an isolation period from amber countries.

It’s frightening to think where the world would be today without the vaccines.

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9658 on: May 29, 2021, 10:52:32 AM »
I had noticed a lot of people walking along the sea front without masks on,but did not want to say anything,It is people like these that will spoil it for everyone,What is it that is so hard about wearing a mask,it would teach them all a lesson if the police caught them and fined them the 300 euros each.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9659 on: May 29, 2021, 05:51:01 PM »
Harold
I was at Ag. George , late morning, and not a mask in sight. - I sat at "Beach Kostas" . this afternoon and not a mask in sight. Groups of 2 and 3 walking past plus couples walking in for a drink. I do not want to become obsessive with this but it is not how you treat others. - Full marks to waiter, Yiorgos (Beach Kostas) this afternoon who asked a lady to go outside and wait until he came to her. (Not stroll inside unmasked!!)

Meanwhile feeling 28 deg at 6pm I am home and safe from what the world will throw at me.
(Actually I am watching TV with a whisky, not giving a damm. Bloody "Towering Inferno")
The last time I watched it the place burned down. Maybe different on a replay??
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com