Author Topic: Galini  (Read 24587 times)

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Galini
« on: January 14, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »
Does anyone know if The Galini is still with Thomas Cook?
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Galini
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 11:06:56 AM »
I did see some holidays advertised with them for the Galini.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:41:39 AM »
Yes it is but I always have trouble finding it, I think we may sell it on behalf of another operator but for the life of me I can't find any online links to it.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »
Thanks b/g & Joe. I shall carry on the search.
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 09:18:02 PM »
I have had a quick look too but cant find it with anyone. I do know a family who have booked their holiday this year at the Galini.  They booked it last year so it might well have been with TC but I have seen it myself on the TC website recently.  I wonder what could have happened to it.  We stayed there last year through TC.   Very strange! 

We stayed the year before in Ag. Gordios and tried to get back there last year, we booked through Manos but when we tried again it wasnt there and we have asked around and tried to book independently but not had any joy as yet. It was very frustrating.  I think they might have used this particular accommodation as an extra brochure offer when all the 'regular accommodation is booked". I cant imagine that happening with the Galini, but who knows with Costas as he was such a miserable bloke anything could happen.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »
Can`t reply tooo much just now, lens fqll out od glassrs.
Lindypops.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »
Can`t reply tooo much just now, lens fqll out od glassrs.

Thats one of my favourite posts ever :-)

I have just looked through all our latest brochures and its not in any of them, i have also done an accomodation search for Galini and the only matches on our database were in Crete, not sure whats going on, I'll pop down to Staff Travel later and see if they have any record. Thomas Cook have, The Mirage & Marvellous exclusively and some rooms in the Atki (£169 for a week outside of Jul/Aug if you book on the website), perhaps we have reduced capacity a little but I would have thought 3 properties would be enough for one operator.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 03:29:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies, very helpful. Glasses now intact again! I was sitting here, and plop, the flamin` lens dropped out!
Lindypops.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 11:22:33 AM »
Thomas Cook no longer sells holidays to the Galini which is a shame.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 03:06:21 PM »
Brenda and John booked through TC for this year, but they booked last year.  What happens when that happens and they dont use the Tour Operator you originally booked it through?

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 04:02:41 PM »
All previous bookings will usually be honoured, if for any reason there is an unforseen problem the tour operator would get in touch and offer either an alternative or a refund. The Galini most likely will be full of Thomas Cook customers this year from previous bookings but from the latest brochures onwards we aren't selling any new holidays there, it may have gone independant, passed over to another company or it may even being sold to German or Italian holidaymakers now.

No need to worry their holiday will still be going ahead if its been booked already.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »
Thats sounds ok.  I would have gone into a panic.  I am pleased that John and Brenda will still be able to stay there.

I have another question not related to this Joe.  We have booked with E.Jet to go to Germany in March and now we have this extra tax to pay.  Will we have to pay it or was it originally included in the booking?  We booked 9 Jan. 07.  I think I will have to phone them as they havent sent me an email.

The other thing was that we booked for Arillas through Corfu Escape last September for this June.  Will we have to pay the extra tax as well for this booking?  If so, who should let us know?  I think Corfu Escape use Monarch.

Sorry to go off course with thread.

Thanks

Sue

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
Thats sounds ok.  I would have gone into a panic.  I am pleased that John and Brenda will still be able to stay there.

Yes the only problem would be if there is something physically wrong with the accomodation, if that's the case, which I'm sure its not then alternative accomodation will be offered.

I have another question not related to this Joe.  We have booked with E.Jet to go to Germany in March and now we have this extra tax to pay.  Will we have to pay it or was it originally included in the booking?  We booked 9 Jan. 07.  I think I will have to phone them as they havent sent me an email.

From what I have heard the low cost / no frills carriers are going to charge the extra when you check in, they will literally hold you to ranson for the extra money, it's not their fault they simply can't afford to waive the cost, again this is only what I have been told so things may change but in all honesty I doubt it.

The other thing was that we booked for Arillas through Corfu Escape last September for this June.  Will we have to pay the extra tax as well for this booking?  If so, who should let us know?  I think Corfu Escape use Monarch.

Good news, if the holiday has already been booked and paid for then the tour operators will absorb the cost (booking package holidays isn't all bad then), if the holiday has yet to be booked or paid in full then I'm afraid you will have to pay this extra airport tax. Once again lets tax the airlines that create only 5% of the world's carbon emissions, don't believe it for a second, its all to line the governments pockets.

Offline brenda n john

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 02:44:25 PM »
Thank you Joe. TC have phoned today to let us know that as far as they are aware all bookings to the Galini will be honoured this year. This was good news as we would have been disappointed not to return to arillas. Thanks to you as well Sue for showing concern for us.

best wishes to all    Brenda

Offline steve3456

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • http://www.caravanhire.org
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »
Ive had a look this morning and found this site www.corfuxenos.gr/e/galini-apts.htm hope this of help if you google galini arillas corfu you will find more

Booking.com