Author Topic: Galini  (Read 24592 times)

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Galini
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 05:12:54 PM »
Ok, thanks for all the info.
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 05:42:17 PM »
That was a great link Steve.  The photos are very good and show just what it is like.  We had a great holiday last year there.  It did make me laugh tho that it said the meals were all inclusive!  Not when we were there they werent.

We havent paid in full yet for our holiday (just the deposit) so no doubt we will have to pay the tax when we do that then.

Thanks for your help Joe

Sue
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »
Hi Brenda and John

Any news on your holiday booking yet?  Peter and Evie apparently had their holiday at the Galini cancelled.

Sue

Offline brenda n john

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »
Hi Sue, had a message from Peter and Evie explaining their plight. So glad they managed to get other accomodation. Spoke to TC at the beginning of the week and they still say that our booking is solid but if there are any changes they will let us know. hope your not snowed in. We had a couple of days of snow and then beautiful sunny days but its raining tonight.
Hope you're both keeping well.       Brenda n John

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »
Glad Peter and Evie have got re booked.. do you know where and when?  Is it the same time as us?

We had some snow but it only last about a day, now its raining here in Surrey. 

Mike and I are both well thanks.   Sue x

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 07:24:31 PM »
Hi to all that stayed at the Galini with us last year. Does anyone know why they are no longer with T C.

Offline burger

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 10:20:50 AM »
probably too many complaints,the motorbike workshop was noisy,as was the poor little dog tied up outside,barking all night long !

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 11:34:28 AM »
WE had two great holidays there last year. Think the people staying there made it for us. Yes the dog was a pain but I invested in a pair of ear plugs and then couldnt hear a thing. The garage we hardly heard at all.

Offline burger

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 06:05:19 PM »
WE had two great holidays there last year. Think the people staying there made it for us. Yes the dog was a pain but I invested in a pair of ear plugs and then couldnt hear a thing. The garage we hardly heard at all.

yes maybe a pair of earplugs would've helped,the galini was just a little too far from the village centre for me,the accomodation was fine,as were kostas' mother & father- really friendly people aside from not speaking much english,but i did learn a few greek phrases to pass the time of day with them,it was an ok place to base your holiday from,i did have a laugh or two with kostas

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
Ear plugs are a must for me on holiday as any little noisr keeps me awake. We are booked for the Bardis sun studios with corfu escapes this year. Much nearer to the centre of the village.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »
Hi Lisa,  as you can see from some of the posts from Brenda and John their holiday seems safe for the moment at the Galini, but Evie and Peters was cancelled, I wonder why that was.  As much as I enjoyed staying at the Galini it was a bit far from the beach, nice and close to the shop and bakery though!  It wouldnt be far on a nice cool day but when its scorching hot it was just a tad too much for us thats why we booked the Bardis as its nearer the beach and the restaurants etc.

Mike needs ear plugs for my snoring!!  The dog got on my nerves a bit opposite the Galini, then the frogs joined in but after a couple of days you get adjusted to it.  We didnt hear any noise from the garage, but we are used to planes taking off from Gatwick in the background and also trains through to London etc. We have a lot of urban noise here so are accustomed to trying to sleep with some noise.

Looking forward to our holiday very much!  Still cant shift the pounds though..

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 03:05:48 PM »
Hi to all that stayed at the Galini with us last year. Does anyone know why they are no longer with T C.

We have three other properties in Arillas, The Mirage and Marvellous which are exclusive and some rooms in the Atki, due to increased competition within the industry all Tour Operators are consolidating their product, for the size of Arillas it was deemed 3 properties were enough, no reflection on the Galini but the other 3 were more favourably positioned. Don't take this as a sign that the tourist industry in Corfu is in danger, true it is declining but not as fast as other areas such as Spain. In reducing capacity it increases demand for what is already available, once the revenue stream increases, which it will, expansion will take place. If the summer becomes very busy there are provision for extra flights and we still have the option on the Galini. Not Arillas I know but we have also just taken on the brand new Mythos Apartments on the outskirts of San Stef (only about 5-10 minutes away). I never trust the brochure so I sent my Mum and she says they are lovely. Only mentioned it, as San Stef tends to be cheaper than Arillas so if anybody is counting the pennies yet still wants to get close to Arillas this may help.

Offline brenda n john

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 12:01:48 AM »
I can't remember that dog last year Sue, but then i do sleep well. Can't seem to remember much commotion from the garage either. I like walking so the Galini's location was fine.It gave you an excuse to have a walk around the circuit on the way to the restaurants and bars. There was a nice atmosphere at the Galini as well.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 10:11:10 AM »
It was great wasnt it?  Everyone did whatever they wanted to do during the day and might join the others for their last nightcap drinks on the decking before bed (the men liked the footie didnt they, what will they do this year? Apparently at the Bardis they have a pool table and I saw a darts board in a photo, so no doubt that will be the 'sport' for two weeks). We had a lovely two weeks at the Galini.   I want to try and learn to swim a bit more, I wonder if Evie will be in Arillas at the same time, we could try again together, we did have a laugh! We have got some lovely memories from our holiday in Arillas.   My friend Lynda is coming this year so she might be up for teaching me if I can do it without laughing with her.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 12:24:11 PM »
The dog has been there for at least 4years that i know of.As we spent most of the day on the beach the garage did not bother us nor did the little dog other than i had to rescue it off the road.The Galini was with Manos when we stayed there.The walk into town and down to the beach did us good and help to keep the lbs off.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com