Author Topic: Galini  (Read 24593 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Galini
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 12:26:01 PM »
How long a walk is it into town from The Galini??

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »
Smiffy, I would say it was a relaxing stroll of 10 minutes, but a 'smart' walk of 5 mins...if you know what I mean by that...but then again I like walking.  We did not find the walk from the Galini an issue, it gave me an excuse to have a look at the few houses and all the little gardens!  I just love that little house/cottage on the right as you walk towards Brouklis...the one with all the geraniums tumbling over the fence. :-)  A real little gem of a house.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 12:56:14 PM »
Oh not too far then, next time we go to Arillas after this May i think we'll try a different place, just to get a different feel of the place.

I also like walking, Brett isnt so keen, i would like to do the walk to Dionysys but i just know ill be fighting a losing battle with him, his words will be 'im on holiday, why would i want to walk for an hour in the heat to get a beer'!!  I can see his point i suppose but i would like to do it, you never know stranger things have happened, he might just well shock me and agree to it!!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »
Hi Smiffy,

It is nice to try different places to stay and sometimes it is just nice to see Arillas from a different angle!

We have stayed in Annas, The Mathraki, Thomas Bungalows, Tria Adelphia and the Galini.  All of them apart from Thomas's were apartment complexes with pool, so staying at Thomas's was so different.  They don't have a pool but the garden more than makes up for it, lets face it the beach is not far and there are so many pools that anyone  can use.  Thomas and his wife are very relaxed and friendly, they do not live on site, but they pop down now and again. I would recommend this accommodation for anyone looking for a quiet 'real greek feel' base, yet not too far from whats going on.

Yep I know what you mean about the walk up to Dionysys, it's one of these things that you promise to do tomorrow...then the next day and before you know it your holidays finished and you still never made it!

How about going on an organised walk with http://www.lemonhouse.com/porto-timoni.html  I'm sure it would be interesting and fun, the boat transfer back is the bribe for Brett ;-)  Who knows he may enjoy the walk enough to do it again by yourselves and spending time at Dionysis.

Eileenxx

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »
Ooh thats sounds like he might go for that, if he knows he can get a boat back, i shall have a look in a min.

We will definitely go there one way or another, i really want to appreciate that view!

Offline evie % peter

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »
Hi. to all last years gallini gang, being the fine upstanding couple that we are, we thought that it was only fair to warn you,[ it gives you plenty of time to cancel] that we are coming to the bardis sun on 25 June. If you cannot find any where else to stay,we will see you for a drink in the pool bar.
Counting the days thank goodness Sue has one of those ticker things.How do you set them up.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Peter and Evie

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 11:09:36 AM »
I definately cant wait  to get there now if you are both booked the same time as us!  Brilliant!  What time is your arrival in Corfu. I think ours is about 4.30 p.m on the 25th June.

Hope you are both well.  Sue x

I just love that little house/cottage on the right as you walk towards Brouklis...the one with all the geraniums tumbling over the fence. :-)  A real little gem of a house.

That house belongs to Mikele and Elena.  We met them a few times as we passed everyday and had coffee and cold drinks with them, he also kept giving us apricots which was very sweet of Mikele, he used to ask us to sit on his verandah for a drink when we walked back up the hill of an evening.  We used to see him with his boat too, he is over 80 and goes fishing everyday. His photo was on the gallery photos holding a fish, but he has gone now for some reason.  He does live in Athens though and only stays in Arillas as it gets warmer for Elena, we found that out despite him speaking very little English and Elena doesnt speak any.  I have written to them to let them know we are visiting Arillas again and will pop in and see them.  They were very sweet and hospitable and we would like to see them again, we also met their daughter too, but I dont know whether she lives in Arillas.  It is a very pretty little bungalow and they work hard too with their garden.

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »
Hi Blondegirl,

How lovely to get a little background about Fairytale cottage :-)

I've seen the couple many times, but on some visits I could see that the house was locked up and empty.  I always wondered where they got to...that solves that little mystery!

Eileenxx

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »
That is great news about evie and peter. There will be six of the Galini gang at the Bardis in June then. Don't remember a dart board at the Bardis but you can play volley ball not forgetting the swimming lessons.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »
I only saw a dart board on the corfu escape photo, but it might be old, and my eyesight isnt good.  (My dad sees better than me and he only has one eye, bless him). 

Anyway, it should be fun, dont know about volley ball though! Could put me and Evie down the deep end, should be worth watching!!!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »
Haha what are you like Sue, im sure Mike would rescue you Baywatch style if you got in any trouble!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 07:12:51 PM »
Ha Ha!  You must be joking!  If I looked like a Baywatch babe he might...

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 10:27:05 PM »
Hi all. Is the little house with geraniums on the right, on the way down the hill? It always looks lovely. I noticed one time last year it seemed empty. I hope they are ok.
Lindypops.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 10:52:38 PM »
Yeah that'll be the one Lindypops, what a great show of flowers.  I wonder if the owners know how much pleasure they bring to people.

Eileenx

doctor feelgood

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 05:37:26 PM »
stayed at the galini a few times it usually takes  about 6 hours to reach the beach i`ll explain,turn right out of galini past the bakery to the rainbow bar have a few then next door to the marvel spiros runs away when he sees me.then over the road to captains more drinks and a bite then down to the brouklis god bless him by this time i`m rolling into the coconut bar nice bloke perry and then to see george on the beach for a pancake and arm wrestle.thats the wifes day sorted.

Booking.com