Mathraki

Started by TONYNEW, January 30, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

BlueHeather

So funny. fancy walking in on someone in the act LOL.  We dropped into Cala LLonga last week picking someone up for the airport. looks nice!

So..... when me and his nibs in Mathraki do I have to put a chair behnd the door when we get down to business then ROFL ;)

I must admit to a key saga myself one year in Crete and went to the reception with the key as no way could I open the door and had been trying for ages. had left Paul down at the beach and gone back for something. turns out \i was trying to open the door with his scooter key .... soooo red faced. but i am a Blonde ;)
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

BlueHeather

Quote from: Val n Bill on June 08, 2014, 12:37:58 PM
Fully equipped kitchen at Mathraki, variety of pots and pans plus frying pan, two ring cooker, oven, grill, two sizes of glasses, plates and dishes...cheese grater, lemon squeezer, lots of knives, spatulas, whisk and full variety of cutlery plus tea pot milk jug and sugar basin salt and pepper....bread bin, bread board ,dish drainer, tea towels, tin opener and corkscrew. Take or buy washing up liquid, buy toilet rolls, there is usually only one supplied.

BUT, we only used two mugs, a teaspoon and two glasses.....the food at the bar is so good and very reasonably priced.

The breakfasts are  to die for, with eggs from the chickens in the garden, a large menu for all times of the day.... but if there is something you fancy that's not listed you only have to ask.

Milk and water for your room, and a vast choice of soft drinks in the fridge, plus ice cream in the freezer.
The only thing missing from our room this time was an ice tray in the freezer but I always take those plastic ice bags anyway because we drink our pre-dinner ouzo with lots of ice before we go out.

Hope this comprehensive list helps all of you going to the Mathraki for the first time but......like Bill and I and lots of other couples you will soon become regulars visitors there.

If I have forgotten to mention anything you will need...you just have to ask any of the family and you will probably get it right away.

Enjoy your holiday, Val x

VAl ... is there a kettle and/or Toaster in the apts please?

Val n Bill

A kettle yes...Sorry no toaster but the grill is very good and quick. Not that we have used it for a few years, we always have breakfast in the bar, very, very good and just keep water milk and ice in the fridge.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Val n Bill

Continued......bread basket, oven glove and pot holder....also plenty of hangers in the wardrobe but plenty is never enough for me ;) so I take a trouser hanger with me it holds six pairs of trousers three for him and three for me. If you need more hangers I am sure Nicoletta will find you some.

Well I remembered this last lot as I was dropping off to sleep last night (funny how that happens) and seeing as my inventory has been received with the good humour that was intended I though I would add them.

Happy holidays to you all, especially those of you who will be staying at the Mathraki.....and remember it's only washing up liquid and toilet rolls that you will have to supply yourself.
PS...Nearly every place in Arillas that we have self catered at has been just as well equipped.

Arillas ALWAYS delivers :) :)

Val x

BlueHeather

Cheers Val - great news.. also re the hangers - one year we went away for three weeks and the wardrobe contained 8 hangers.... I nearly cried.... we asked and got another four which was all they had!!     ever since have taken some with me.  I like to take the clippy type hangers as you can hang loads of tops from them by the hem. saves space too!

Val n Bill

What a great idea, I usually only use them for holding things by the waistband. Thanks for that Heather.

Val x

BlueHeather

It grand Val . used one first time we were in a SC with few hangers. managed to get about five tops to one clippy all hung from the hem ......... also saves getting those bumps in the shoulder sometimes from hangers especially if something light a crochet or lace top!

dylan

Already got bumps in my shoulders, stopped wearing crochet or lace tops, just wear the hanger, works a treat, smooth shoulders, but the hooks a bit uncomfortable!
You looked fine last time we met at Kos Airport!

annec

A bit more for Val's inventory:

Clothes line and pegs supplied (although I usually take a few extra)
Blanket in the wardrobe and Nicoletta will always give you another pillow if you ask.

Well stocked bookcase of paperbacks by the pool.

Enjoy x

Val n Bill

Anne I can't believe I forgot something so important....Lol x

Oh....and something else, there is a kitchen sink with a plug! :)

Val x

BlueHeather

Another thanks here as usually pack a small washing line and a few pegs. one more to come out of the case

Hey Dylan = lovely to see you again ....... hope you and Joy well xxx

Eggy

Quote from: Val n Bill on June 15, 2014, 01:07:24 AM

Oh....and something else, there is a kitchen sink with a plug! :)

Val x

These Greeks will put electrics everywhere!!
Negg

dylan

We will be back 15-22nd Sept!

BlueHeather

Aaaawww Dylan .. will miss you what a shame :'(

dylan

Leave me a couple of Mythos behind the bar with Nicos, and I will drink to you both! Joy can have a glass of water! I know you will have a great holiday