Author Topic: Passing Time??  (Read 14260 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Passing Time??
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
We`ve had favourite accommodation.  So how about favourite ways to spend your days in Arillas.
 Any traditions that must be followed or just go with the flow?

For us, a good breakfast. Around 10 o`clock, hit the beach for a few hours til 1ish. Quick snack, then back to the beach.
  In the evening, sharp glass or two in the `Nut then early dinner. Back for more drinks.
 If we don`t hit the beach, spend time walking.
   No matter what time we arrive, a village tour is a must. That`s out tradition.

Yammas,  Paul

PS  Bet that`s the same as most of you?
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: Passing Time??
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
Ha ha I'll bet you're right, Paul!

We're slightly different - after a good breakfast we set off for a walk around the village, varying the route each day (that is, one day we'll walk clockwise round, the next day anti-clockwise...)

When we meet friends en route we stop and chat, or even have a coffee (or beer) with them, then, depending on whether or not we're getting hungry we may go on the beach for a while.  The afternoon is usually spent having a leisurely lunch, perhaps back down to the beach, perhaps a little more walking, then back to our accommodation for a siesta then shower and change and out for a wonderful meal at one of the many fantastic places to eat in Arillas!

Within the two weeks we will also walk up to the Akrotiri bar to see Nikos at least two or three times and will also call at the Gravia bar.  We also walk up the other side to Afionas and have lunch up there.

Long live our holidays in Arillas!!! 

Can't wait until the 21st May ......

Janis x x

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »
After a coffee at the Mirage the rest of the Morning is often spent chilling by the pool. When it gets a bit too hot time for a few glasses of Ouzo & Sprite at the Mirage bar then back to Kaloudis appartments for a siesta. Then an evening meal at one of the many bars/restaurants in the village finishing with drinks at the Mirage or with George & Kinga at the Malibu.
This is always punctuated with visits to the Akrotiri,Poppies and most of the other lovely places in Arillas. No danger of not being spoilt for choice.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 03:32:28 PM »
Hi WestHamPete,
I always used to drink ouzo with Sprite after originally having it with water and have switched back now to water. Perhaps its just my taste buds getting older but I MUCH prefer it with water again. Try it..........
PS. I think you are about to sign Maynard from Bristol!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:44:11 PM »

For us it's coffee on the balcony, pool, breakfast about 10.30 and then a walk, usually past the bakery on the the way back, to pick up a snack.
Then it's beach or pool with our cake eaten at about 3.30, till it's time for a shower, then an ouzo on the balcony always with just ice... but I have been known to add a drop of water to mine but usually only after I have had a couple later in the evening.

The best part of my holiday is choosing were to eat dinner although we do have a few favourites, Brouklis, Vavilas, Seabreeze, Efi's and all of the rest, we have never had a bad meal in Arillas.
Then walk off dinner..... a few drinks at the Nut and we always finish off at the Akti or Horizon for a last drink or two.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline westhampete

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »
Hi Truth.
I'll give it a try. I have a bottle at home but always find it tastes better in Arillas.
Looks like Maynard from Bristol and Morrison from Man Utd.
More importantly 3 points at Ipswich Tonight.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 09:56:37 PM »
Nowhere near as good is it at home!  We could do with three points against Liverpool but I don't see it happening !

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
Come on you WOLVES, Liverpool who are Liverpool

Back to topic.
No plans, Wake up, Get up, then see what the day has to offer
Every day is a GOOD day in Arillas

Offline westhampete

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »
Sounds like a good plan John.
As for the football LESS SAID THE BETTER.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 12:37:52 AM »

The only time Bill and I enjoy ouzo at home is on a very hot day in the garden with our eyes shut!
The only conversation allowed is about Arillas.
 It doesn't happen very often.

Val x ;)

The love affair continues.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »
No plans, Wake up, Get up, then see what the day has to offer
Every day is a GOOD day in Arillas

Yep yep! ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
WestHamPete/John The Ref,,,,,,,, we would have been forgiven for drinking a large bottle of ouzo each to deaden the pain of last night..........

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:09:30 PM »
Don't do the drinking thingy but as for the Wolves getting beat
that pain went away a long time ago.

What day is it ?
Have the Wolves lost....Yes.... It must be Saturday then

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
We never know the day before just what we will do, unless it is:
  • meal with friends
  • special entertainment in the Nut
  • invitations
We often do those things, but otherwise we get up, have coffee (Jen has a swim in the pool if one available,) shower, and wander into town letting the rest take its course. Our dear friend JohnTheRef said it exactly - every day is a good day for us in Arillas whatever we do.

Phil

Nan

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »
Early morning coffee on balcony - depending on time of year May to July it's very early - 7 am ish! September - whenever it gets light about 8 am ish. Then depending on accommodation - it's swim in pool (Mathraki) for a few lengths before brekkie or Kaloudis it's swim in sea and a snorkle!

Call at Vassily's for a nectarine and some fresh bread or Roula's for the very same and back for a shower and eat on balcony. Depending on whether I have my hubby in tow I then take the chance to wander down to the sea for a sit on the bench and a listen to the Ipod or natter to his Lordship whilst taking in the wonderful scenery and watching the beach "fill up" A walk around the "block" past the turkeys about as much as I like to do in the heat of the day.

I may accost passing Arilliacs for a catch up and adjourn to one of the tavernas for a morning coffee (glass of champagne if it's Ammos!) Absolutely fabulous darling!! Back to the appartment for a spot of salad lunch and a little siesta.

Refreshed after a snooze it will be more sea swimming- late in the afternoon or early evening. Highlight of my solo trip last year in July was swimming as the sun was setting .....the sea was so golden as the sun dipped into the sea....truly magical... and NO drugs required not even mushrooms! :-)

Then it's a shower and drinkipoos (gin and tonic) on balcony and head off for a lovely dinner with convivial company at any of the lovely tavernas. Cocktails in The Nut or Malibu always a good way to end the evening. Try not to fall over on the way home but it cannot be guaranteed I'm afraid. YES I have tripped over the edge of some imaginary pavement (no bones broken thank goodness) I will try not to make a habit of it as people do have a tendancy to talk about you in the most disparaging manner ...as if I care!

Another wonderful day in paradise - prayers by my bedside asking God to keep everyone safe till I get home and snore away till morning time.

Cheers Nan xxx

Booking.com