Author Topic: Passing Time??  (Read 14259 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Passing Time??
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 01:19:56 AM »
Sandy, now you give over or I shall WEEP!!!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 02:05:22 AM »
I feel like that Sandy. We now have to watch all the pennies, but we both have our real wealth. We would really be struggling if we had never found Arillas and all it gives us.

Phil

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 02:22:54 AM »
You are all right in your own ways.It seems to us that one of the many beauties of Arillas is that it captivates all despite any different preconcemptions.Personally I dont believe you can plan the perfect day.Just do as you please when you please and Arillas will deliver happiness.

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 01:21:35 AM »
Traditions are nice, as long as they don't become musts. Some of our Arillas traditions:
1. We take care to watch every sunset, mostly from our balcony at the Horizon, sometimes from the Horizon Sunset Bar.
2. Last autumn we created a new tradition by going swimming in the wonderful light just preceding sunset. We get out of the water before it gets dark, in time to watch the best part of the sunset, glass in hand, from our balcony.
3. At least once per visit I rise up early in the morning and stand in the corridor outside the rooms, with windows facing inland, watching the sunrise. Not as spectacular as the sunsets, but beautiful.
4. Every year we promise ourselves to spend a day in Corfu Town, but haven't done so yet. We seem to be unable to leave Arillas. I guess one could call that a tradition...
Emeralddragon

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 01:43:27 AM »
Our Emerald Dragon, you are more of a virgin than Jen and Phil. We have given in and been seduced by Corfu Town. But only once or twice.
Every year we promise ourselves to spend a day in Corfu Town, but haven't done so yet. We seem to be unable to leave Arillas.
Jen and I so identify with that.

Many don't understand, but obviously you do. Just wallow in being at home in Arillas and ignore the athletes who walk to San Stef, Afionas or Sidari. Like us you can give them CPR when they return. Arillas gives Jen and me everything we want (except an ATM) and we are unable to leave. In 2008 we stayed for a month and spent 8 hours out of the village in Agios Gorgios, and wish we hadn't.

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »
Every year we have plans also to go to Corfu town but in the end can't bear to give up precious hours of Arillas. We do always pop over to san stef for Perditas glass shop and to St George for gorgeous beach but always feel totally at peace once again when we drive down to that heavenly crossroads..

Nan

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »
So true my dear!  I couldn't bear to do Corfu town ... all those shops arrgh!

I get fed up half way round Aldi  !!!  Alexs' supermarket is just the right mix - nectarines, bread and some uncomplicated souvenirs.

I also love ALL THE OTHER SUPERMARKETS IN ARRILAS TOO!

I quite forgot about starting our commune (did you mean communicate type of commune or place where we can all go and live in a commune?!!!) Hell I don't care whatever you want it's fine with me!

Especially if we can have a "Moscato Monday", "Toffee Vodka Tuesday", "Wine Wednesday", "Tequila Thursday", Frascati Friday", "Sambuca Saturday", "Sangria Sunday" .... it will be heaven on earth.

A wonderful place to live a life!

Nan xx

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 11:03:27 PM »
Sounds sublime Nan xx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »

Nan, what a super way of passing time :)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Booking.com