Author Topic: Passing Time??  (Read 14261 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Passing Time??
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 12:14:01 AM »
Nan, justlove your at length share of a typical day in Arillas.

To talk about another one, you arrived at Bardis Sun Studios at abot 11am to find Phil and Jen apres swim (her, not me) and climbed in over the balcony. Much chat, viewing of Bardis accommodation and then meeting the Bardis family in their bar. I had my customary Mythos.  It must have been all of 1pm by then.

Jen and me had only been up for an hour or so. Then we made a date to have a meal at Thalassa that evening. We did our separate things in between (us in the Nut with Yiota, you?) It was so enjoyable that evening. The food suited us all and we went to the Nut. Thank you for your company. it was a lovely day.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 12:40:17 AM »
Sounds like you have just about got down to a fine art Nan
ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »
I feel for you John being a Wolves fan and NOT a drinker !  At least I have an escape route with alcohol, he he . I thought you had to be an alcoholic to be an Arillac after reading posts on here,,, JOKE  , before I get hung drawn and quartered, ha ha !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »
Great topic Paul, have really enjoyed reading everone's replies! Our days usually go as follows.. Get up around 8-ish to glorious sunshine and the beautiful sound of the lapping waves a few feet from our door. I have a coffee then get my insignificant other up and we then, (after unsuccessfully trying to persuade the kids to get up and join us) have a blissful couple of hours at the north end of the beach.  Many a morning there is only us two there. We then head back, drag kids out of bed and all chill round the pool for a couple of hours. They usually order that well-known Greek delicacy of 'chip butty' whilst we bide our time until the official 12 noon booze hour! We then saunter along the front looking for somewhere to have have a leisurely lunch. We thend to share a small carafe of ice cold wine and have greek salads, pita and lots of lovely things to pick at and savour the gorgeous view of the ocean and people-watch!

Afternoons, Mick tends to have a walk and books us a lovely table somewhere for that evening (never before 9pm) or goes for a game of table tennis with the kids or mess around in the pool whilst I er....just chill again, interspersed by frequent dips in the pool and sea just yards from where we are staying. Early evening is my absolute favourite time, the sun is not (quite) as searing and I get some ice cold wine from the apt, corfu nuts or some crisps and just totally chill on my special swing and gaze out to sea. I love watching all the peeps all dressed up going to an early dinner and dip in and out of my latest novel.

Around 8-sh we get ready and have a wondeful meal followed by much merriment in the Coconut but always pop into the Akti for a chilled drink or three as well. Ok excuse me while I go KILLmyself :-(

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »

Poor Jo, I really feel for you foregoing such wonderful days this year, but your sisters wedding will be beautiful and give you so many happy memories.
 OMG I can't think of anything better to say so I will shut up and have a good cry for you. Keep buying those Lottery tickets sweetheart. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »
Jo your day sounds so wonderful. I have never been there but going this July and i already felt like i was living your glorious day with you. I only hope my days there are as wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Ness

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 08:24:09 PM »
They will be Ness......
Sandy x

Nan

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 09:52:11 PM »
Phil and Jen, Jo and Mick, ValnBill, John and Dot just some of the Arillas addicts it has been my pleasure to spend time with.

I remember the warmth of the welcome I had from Phil and Jen and the laughs we shared. I do remember climbing over your balcony wall - seemed so silly to walk all the way round to end up a few feet from where I was!  Such a perfect time with very happy memories and I think we can safely say we got on like the proverbial "taverna on fire". Your kindness will always stay with me x x.

Meeting Jo was a real treat as she was topless at the time! Never let it be said that I don't appreciate a beautiful female form! Blushes were spared as I averted my eyes and she grabbed a towel..... bless her. We then had a glass of the cool stuff and a sit and chinwag on the "special swing" She has a lovely family and knows the value of them. I loved spending time with them all.

ValnBill were at The Nut (where else) and extended the hand of friendship to a solo lady traveller. We watched the Neil Diamond tribute and I shed a few tears whilst watching him sing "Hello my friend hello" (I was missing hubby lotsly) they are lovely people.

I recognised John by the shape of the back of his head!! He and his lovely wife Dot were in Amourada at the time ...... I can't lie it was Dot I recognised but John thought I had recognised HIM even though he had his back to me at the time!!  LOL you had to be there.....sorry it was one of those moments.

I could go on about all the lovely peeps I have met ..... too numerous to mention... but I won't except to say that they have all, without exception been kind, interesting and funny people who have made a big difference to my holiday by just being themselves.

Thank Goodness for Arillas

Cheers Nan xx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 01:06:09 AM »
Ness44 - how wonderful - your first visit to Arillas!  We can all guarantee you'll love it and look forward to sharing your memories with you on your return

Janis x

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »
Janis i can't wait. Especially after reading all the wonderful things people on here write about it. Roll on July!!!!

Ness

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
We tend to get up around 8ish but usually do something different every day , a coffee on the balcony then a walk over to San Stef with camera in hand we then call in the 2*asteria for a full english brekkie that sets us up for the day after that we call in Maria Peli's souvenir shop where Anne nearly always buys a pair of sandals ;-)
By this time its probably about 11.00 so head back to Arillas via the donkey track and call in either Akrotiri or Gravia for a quick mythos
We then usually nip back to the apartment to drop off any goodies we purchased get the beach gear and spend a few hours on the beach and in the sea to cool off in the afternoon heat :-)
After sunning ourselves we bob upto the bakery to purchase a couple of pieces of their delicious cheesecake   head back to the digs and devour it with a beer or coffee then it's time for a siesta before getting up showering and out for the evening around 7.30 into the Malibu for a natter with Georgios and Kinga a few beers then head for some grub around 9pm which could be anywhere if it is the Broukliss for me it's the spit roast chicken once eaten we venture back down to the Malibu or Nut for a few more Mythos and the obligatory 3 or 4 black sambucas for me, after leaving we might take a short walk down to the jetty and sit looking out to sea for a few minutes then back home to bed occasionally with a pizza or Gyro in hand :-)
We never really plan most days just take each day as it comes the only time we plan anything is when we book a day in Corfu town with Olga
Each day always brings something new and we love every minute of being in Arillas and make the most of it while we are there
Yammas !
Tony :-) 

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 11:17:31 PM »
Great number of replies to this - as there are loads of members to this site, there should be loads more.
  Everyone has their own routine, it seems.  Makes for great reading.
      You can tell the night owls among us - getting up at midday!
 Mentioning no names., of course.

However you do it, do it well and enjoy.

Yammas,  Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 01:05:42 AM »
Ness, I promise you that you will think you have died and gone to heaven. 1/2 weeks of total chillaxing. Make sure you treat it as such. And Val (or Vain:-)) I went to see a Medium this week who said I was going to be wealthy!! No doubt in her mind!! :-) :-)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »
But maybe you're wealthy already Jo?....
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 01:18:15 AM »
Haha Nan thanks for your lovely words and apologies for the unexpected exposure of my mammaries haha! (Shudders) it was indeed a pleasure to meet you and all the other people you mentioned. Can't wait till we open our commune!!

Booking.com