Author Topic: Christos Apartments  (Read 33223 times)

Offline andyv1968

Christos Apartments
« on: August 20, 2009, 05:15:35 PM »
Have booked to stay at Christos apartments in May 2010 after seeing some good reviews but have since seen some really bad ones too! Has anyone stayed there lately and what did you think of them?
Andy

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Christos Apartments
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 07:45:08 PM »
Have sent you a Personal Message andyv1068. You can find it by going to the left hand menu and looking for "hey andyv1968 you have XX messages X are new" yhrn click on the link there.

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 02:15:06 AM »
They always looked a bit far away for us, not far from the junction of Arillas and San Stef. if I am correct, someone will put me right if not..  they seem very exposed to all from the road, not very private and very small and equi distanct between San Stef. and Arillas.  If you dont mind walking you will be ok.  Cant say what they are like inside tho.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline helenw

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »
hi guys
i have booked for next may and also have read some good but some negative reviews, i have been to arillas before and the hill doesn't bother me, i  was looking forward to actually staying in arillas again, as we  have stayed in San Stef the past few years and just walked over the hill
have we made a boo boo ? we were both looking forward to maybe seeing the fireflies,  as we have never been  to Corfu in may before. arillas was our 1st experience of Corfu and we fell in love with the corfiot laid back way of life
Helen & Graham

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »
For a San Stef veteran, Christos is in the perfect position at the top of the hill in Arillas and ready for the walk down to San Stef. The apartments are typically basic Greek, and there is a lovely pool. Hosts Angela and mum Spiridoula are always there to help. We have known many in our time who adore staying there and write rave reviews. Jen and me always used to stay a little way down the hill with Alex. A bit further down the hill from there would find the adorable Anna's studios. Corfu Xenos is the agent for Alex - lovely family apartments where we have stayed twice. It is the only place we have been twice because we want to support all of the owners.

I have copied my personal message to you, you should read it to know why there is a coldness about this subject. But you can make an amazingly good holiday there if you understand that Arillas is basically honest, full of integrity and giving. They have given us two some of the happiest times of our lives.

Phil

Offline helenw

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »
thanks for the info Phil, now looking forward to Arillas once again and some lovely meals in our favorite places !! sad but i am counting down
thanks again Helen & Graham

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »
Talking food dearest, there are some mustn't misses. The garlic prawns at Graziella are to DIE FOR.  Everyone loves Brouklis' spit roast lamb but I can't endorse - so busy with their sofrito and bourdetto. You mustn't miss a meal at Brouklis. The stamna at Portofino, the Sea Bream or medley at Vavilas. The fried Perch at Thalassa. Oh and.... and...... I defy you not to put on weight. Some of the best food on the planet to be had here. No, I am just a customer...
Phil

Offline Sammy1

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 12:48:59 AM »
Hi everyone

Not been on here for a while, but don't suppose anybody missed me!!

Not really allowed to comment on Christos on here but Arillas is great, you can always visit all  the other bars/resturants and the beach.
I have followed Phils example and sent you personal messages so you can see why there is a 'coldness' as Phil puts it.

Offline Sammy1

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 12:50:54 AM »
Come to think of it andyv1968 what websites did you see those good reviews on?  I wouldn't mind having a look at them.

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 11:35:48 AM »
hi like everyone else i cat comment on here but i would try to change your accomidation if i were you arillas has loads of great places and people

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »
Hi everyone

Not been on here for a while, but don't suppose anybody missed me!!

Sammy
Don't forget this is the Arillas Forum and quite often you will see a :-
"What's happened to ******* "

Don't put yerself down.  - All constructive input and helpful info is always welcome.
( Regardless of whether you make 1 post a day or 1 post evry 6 months )
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 01:07:30 PM »
Hi Sammy1. So agree with Eggy. Whether you're a forum windbag with 2000 posts or just the odd one every few months it always makes a nice change to hear from someone now and then. Hope you get to Arillas soon. Like us you are just drawn to it.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »
Not really allowed to comment on Christos on here but Arillas is great, you can always visit all  the other bars/resturants and the beach.
I have followed Phils example and sent you personal messages so you can see why there is a 'coldness' as Phil puts it.

Dear Friends and relatives,

You should be free to tell your stories and express your experiences with other readers of the Arillas forum.
I’m neither trying to support anyone’s view or opinion about specific businesses or persons of Arillas, nor to be the “Devil’s advocate, but…. before you post something in public you must think of the consequences for and impact on the people in Arillas.

You may in that way try to ruin someone’s business because he ruined yours or that you may have other personal reasons not to recommend someone’s accommodation for the above reasons but, remember,… the only person that has his full personal details exposed on this forum is me  who is also responsible for anything that is published on these pages.

If  you wish to contribute in this way to our community without having me or others  interfere each time, WOULD YOU DO IT openly by adding your Real  full name and address, Tel number and  email  under your signature under every post , as I do within my posts. 
Any recommendations welcome. 

dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline karenansell1

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »
many thanks to all who have contributed to my info on arillas...as everyone seems to think easyjet are pretty good, think we'll try and travel independantly next year...this years flight were a bit steep when we were booking last week...hence the package deal.
olympic will not give us any assistance with getting mum down the dreaded hill but have offered to change our destination on corfu to somewhere a bit flatter without any admin charges...kind of them eh?  if we cancel they will not refund so we're a bit trapped...have asked to transfer to st. george south for this year..thinking sensibly (for a change) hubby has high blood pressure, i've just had a major op and our sons in plaster so maybe the other resort will be better for us this year...if they grant it of course...just waiting to hear....we'll be back though as arillas forum has captured our hearts.
many thanks to all of you and hopefully we'll meet next year
with love and all best wishes
karen and family

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 05:36:22 PM »
Karen, at least you didn't find out after being there for 24 hours. Arillas can offer any holiday maker anything. If you want to laze on a lovely safe beach or by a pool, if you want quiet romantic, if you want loud and raucous, if you want to put on 7kg in weight, if you just want to spend your time nattering to old friends whom you rarely see... it is all available. The forum can be a godsend into finding out how to do them. In our own ways we are a body of expert knowledge about just about every aspect of what has become our favourite place on earth. Maybe we should persuade the tour operators to use us to answer questions.

Ag Gorgeous (as i call it) is also lovely, as in San Stef. When Jen and I get there permanently, we will visit them more often. Last year in 6 weeks, we spent 6 hours away from Arillas in Ag Georgios. And we weren't really sure we wanted to - just felt we had to.

With all your barriers to get round, I am glad you have got a solution. Would be much better for you if they put you in Mirage, right on the front. But that is with Thomas Cook so no chance. Or Kaloudis - that is with Thomsons I think.

Sorry to go on and on, but I just HATE it when people can't share my experience of hillidays (sorry - cheap joke - holidays) in Arillas.

Phil

Booking.com