Author Topic: Kaloudis  (Read 34821 times)

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
Kaloudis
« on: July 08, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »
Hi, can anyone let me know if the Kaloudis has hair dryers and kettles, less to pack, cant wait to return to arillas, third year in a row, wish it was more. We had to do a package this year it was the cheapest way.............Any info about The Kaloudis would be great

Karen

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Kaloudis
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:10:37 PM »
we was there in may great time we had  there is no h/dryer`s  yes there is a kettle      wot can i say it will be how 3 time next september 2010 you will love it

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:31:33 AM »
As Keith says, kettle but no hairdryer - the weather's so warm it'll dry your hair pretty quick anyway...
You'll LOVE Kaloudis - have a super time!

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 12:38:17 AM »
oh yes, will have to echo janis' words there, we ended up in kaloudis allocation on arrival, what a wonderful place, they cant do enough for you, really clean and wonderful location, you will enjoy, jinksy

Offline Holly

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »
Equipment in the Kaloudis is very basic. We enjoyed two holidays there, but it is VERY basic. We have had two different apartments - a three bedroom and a two bedroom and the bathrooms are tiny with fiddly little showers which makes it difficult when you are trying to wash a young child. We don't cook on holiday so the lack of kitchen facilities didn't bother us, but to be honest, after reading all the wonderful reviews on here we expected something better.

The location is brilliant and the pool area is also great, but after holidaying somewhere else this year, it really brought home just how rudimentary the Kaloudis is.

riggers

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 02:16:07 AM »
W

riggers

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 02:27:38 AM »
What can i say, Holly describes it for you "NOT"  Well the good bits she does....I can't praise the place enough. You must try .I LOVE IT.Number "9" YES "9" to kaloudis in oct.

10 in JUNE......................2010

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 09:11:32 AM »
We loved the Kaloudis also,but it is basic and the beds are very hard.Wish we could book so far ahead but no holiday list yet.see you next year John.

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom apartments last year and I thought they were great.  Lovely views over a beautiful garden.  They had everything we needed and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 03:23:34 PM »
thanks guys for all your replies, glad you all enjoyed it, arriving 31st july, cant wait xxxxxxxxxx

Offline jules

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »
The kaloudis is fab - we love it and go back year after year!!

The people who go there are lovely and Billy, Helen, Dimitri and Vassilli who run it are wonderful.

The apartments are spotless, and no more basic than anywhere else in Greece.  The grounds are kept beautiful and the pool and pool bar is superb - the food at Splish Splash is gorgeous - especially in the evening, and Billy often runs entertainment or activities to make it even more fun.

You will not regret going - but you may get hooked and then you won't want to go anywhere else - like us!!

Have a fab time - we'll be back there in 3 weeks - can't wait!!

Jules xxx
Many thanks,

Jules

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 06:36:36 PM »
It's great to have the "good" and "not so good" in any Appt/Hotel review, espcially when these reviews are well written. It's then down to future potential guests to take and analyse everything written to see if it's the place for them or ticks as many of their boxes as possible.

That's why the Forum is so popular.
Keep it up y'all and always say what you like and what could have been better.

Cheers
Negg

Offline bob w

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »
Been going to Kaloudis since 1998 and would not go anywhere else. Christo, Roula, Billy and Helen are now our Greek relations. Looking forward to returning in two weeks to meet everyone we now know there.
bob w

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 11:55:03 PM »
Kaloudis is still here. Many people have been enjoying it and telling us about it. Phil and Jen just haven't had time to get there yet. Two weeks is too b****y short!

Truth is people must make their own choices. We would stay in a tent on the beach, but what we do is try to share out our little bit of spending all around. Brouklis is as fabulous as all the reviews. Will be posting more when I "go abroad."

bob w we understand that completely. Some say to us "you're not tourists, you're family." Says it all really....

Phil

Offline newshooz

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 11:57:33 PM »
We stayed at the Kouloudis this July and were a little disappointed. 

The rooms were kept lovely and clean.  The Kitchen equipment is very basic (it took half an hour to do a piece of toast under the grill).  The gardens are kept lovely and also the pool.  We were right at the back and found that there is alot of noise from the bar, often till about 3am.  This meant on some nights where we came back early, we had to shut the double glazed door so that we could sleep.  This made it hot, so we had to pay out for air conditioning. 

We didn't make regular use of the bar as we found it a little more expensive than others in the resort.  It did feel as if the owner just wanted as much money out of us as possible and wasn't happy if you weren't spending with him, perhaps we were a little paranoid about this!!!  On the whole we would consider going back to Arillas but not this studio/appartment. 

Finally a really good taverna to go to for breakfast or evening meal and drinks is Helens, which is past the sea breeze out of the resort .  It is the first taverna you come to on the right just past the Bardis Sun. It only opened this July by a local family but is really good fun and good value.

Booking.com