Author Topic: Kaloudis  (Read 34819 times)

Offline heatherberriman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Kaloudis
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
hi janis,we tried to email billy but i think we took his email address down wrong,im finding my way around bit by bit as im not good with computers lol.we cant wait to go back to arillas we had a fantastic time and enjoyed trying all the local food an drink ,maybe to much lol.i am on facebook but under leeds.love comming on here and reading all your posts.see you in may

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »
Hi Forum Folk
Stayed at the Kaloudis Village in May 2008 and had a great time and will be back there in September this year.  Do agree that Billy's sound system can be a bit intrusive sometimes (especially on quiz night) if you've decided to turn in.  We tend to go early to bed so prefer quiet nights, but realize that's not to everyone's taste.  Even when we stayed at the Horizon the late night music was a bit intrusive some nights.
Recommend that light sleepers buy earplugs - my dear wife uses them to keep out the sound of my snoring - and they help with disco sounds too.

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 05:12:52 PM »
Hi all, just come back from a week at the Kaloudis and could not fault anything. 

The staff were friendly, the gardens which we looked out onto were very pretty, the pool divine, food was good, prices only average to the rest of Arillas, our room was lovely and clean, kitchen facilities adequate for what we needed, (even managed to make toast without setting off the fire alarm - a first for me!!) and above all, we didn't find it noisy, even though we were behind the bar.

I would recommend Kaloudis to anyone.

lynn xx

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »
I've stayed at Kaloudis village several times, the last time this September. I have to admit I love the loud music, even into the small hours choosing to sleep when the music stops.It's a lovely happy sound I didn't always sit in the bar  till lat but often sat on the balcony enjoying the music. But I suppose everyone's different. For those who want total piece and quiet on a  night I would recommend, all be it a bit lonely, Bardis Sun Hotel.
Happy Hols

Mary :)

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »
Do know what Mary, your spot on there with the music"It's a lovely happy sound"
We have sat many a late evening hour sat on the balcony at Kaloudis over the years, sounds of the sea to the front,music and laughter to the back, reminds me of that song "stuck in the middle with you"
Ang

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 06:37:24 PM »
Sorry to be here again. Jen and me did Kaloudis last week of October 2008. It was a riot. We had a wonderful time full of fun and laughter. Not all day, not all night - we do that in the Nut with our Erja....

Ang has it - you can be in the middle of it or sat on the balcony watching it. Both are good for what you want to do. Like our Lynn said,

The staff were friendly, the gardens which we looked out onto were very pretty, the pool divine, food was good, prices only average to the rest of Arillas, our room was lovely and clean, kitchen facilities adequate for what we needed, (even managed to make toast without setting off the fire alarm - a first for me!!) and above all, we didn't find it noisy, even though we were behind the bar.

I would recommend Kaloudis to anyone.

Our Dave and Anne stay at Tria to be away from all that and keep going back. Others choose Anna - a fabulous place up the hill. It is all here. You just need to listen to us lot on the forum

Phil

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 04:54:16 AM »
Thanks Ang listening to music especially when we stayed at Kaloudis did make me feel so happy and alive, because it's not people fighting  its lovely

:)

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 12:55:30 PM »
Yes, I must admit, Mary and Ang, we enjoyed the music too, but on our one early night, we didn't find the music intrusive either, so that was the best of both worlds.

lynn xx

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 01:22:28 PM »
Hi Forum Folk
Julia and I stayed in Room 37 over the library/safe box office in September and I don't remember hearing the music at all - although both of us are early birds.
However last year (in May) the music was a bit intrusive - we were in room 21, so perhaps it depends on exactly which apartment you have.
Must say the view from room 37 was stupendous.  Looking left from the balcony we could see Gravia Island, and looking ahead was the headland between Arillas and San Stefanos.  I gather that the rooms over the shop and office are set aside for people arriving on Mondays.
As we were so pleased with our room this year we've fixed another Monday arrival for next September.
I note that Thomson are doing the Mathraki and Irene Studios next year and have put an advertisement on this thread to say so.
Hope this means Arillas is gaining in popularity and will keep businesses thriving to the benefit of us all.
Best wishes forum fans
PJ

riggers

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2009, 01:45:53 PM »
We stayed in room 37 the other week PJ. I agree the views are brill..i logged you off on the computer at the bar btw.

riggers..

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »
Hi, all. Room 37 is where we stayed back in June. Agree with everything that`s been said. Quiet with great views. Mustn`t let too many know it`s only available on Mondays cos everyone will want to use it!!!

Yammas Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »
Hi
Many thanks for that Riggers.  Yes I did forget to log off so glad you did it for me.  I was very pleased there were internet facilities at a reasonable price at the Kaloudis.
So thats us, Riggers, & Paul D all stayed in room 37.  Perhaps we need a sub-group called 'Room 37'!
Best wishes
PJ

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »
101??

lol
Phil

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »
Believe it or believe it not Phil but 101 is my room number at work. Because I'm the Building Manager I end up with all the crap as well. :))
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline jo-jo

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 11:32:18 PM »

HI Janis and everyone!

Our first time to Arillas in July at Kaloudis! Thanks for all the posts before we went. Had fab 2 weeks. met lots of forum members and Annie was there at same time!

We made some lovely friends. Staff at Kaloudis couldnt have been more friendly, we loved the studio at the front with lovely views and beds werent too hard for us although i had taken a soft matress cover.

BUT the music! oh dear , it was not so much the music at night, that did go on too long even when no one in bar! We had a few nights in the bar and would have gone in more if the music was quieter. That was not my prob it was the loud music by the pool that drove me to leave their pool area in the day time, no where else had it so loud ALL DAY. I did ask for it to be turned down but they seemed to think every loved it. Perhaps they did! but no one i spoke to! I think Roula was quite embarassed about it but Billy made the decisions about that area.

If it wasnt for daytime music  I would stay there again. One late  afternoon for some reason there was no loud music (only time i noticed) and it was so relaxing in the quiet!! Paradise!! The pool area is the best I saw in Arillas. What a shame. It seemed to me that the complex was run very differently by Billy and Roula. Roula was FANTASTIC nothing too much trouble, gardens lovely.

Next time will stay somewhere quieter. Location second to none.

LOVED THE RESORT

tHANKS ALL

JO - JO

Booking.com