Author Topic: Kaloudis  (Read 34820 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Kaloudis
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2009, 02:27:10 AM »
Thanks for your report Jo-Jo. I don't identify with loud music in the afternoons though. Our visits are usually quiet respites from the hot sun on the beach, a cold Mythos and a quiet natter with anyone who wants to chat. Kaloudis is the favourite accommodation for many we know, but it doesn't suit everyone. Arillas offers you both extremes of quiet and loud and everything in between.

If you are serious about peace and quiet, there are many choices like Tria Adelphia, Elena Stella, Galini, and many others in that part of the village. Further in you have the Rainbow complex, Brouklis and others. Or right in the middle you have Akti, Marina, Horizon... Then you have Bardis Sun right near the south end of the beach but in a quieter area. And up the hill you find Mathraki (I think you would love that one) and the very popular and immaculate Anna Studios. I can't do justice to them all here.

So glad you saw the finer points of a holiday in Arillas. Us Arilliacs ain't daft - we have found what we want and keep coming back for more.

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2009, 11:52:49 PM »
Hi Jo-Jo - glad you enjoyed Arillas (no contest there!) and also Kaloudis
I didn't really notice much about music during the day there because

a) we were out exploring, or
b) we were totally zonked out in the apartment, sleeping before our night out!

We did the pool a few times and I must admit I prefer it a little less noisy, but, hey.. it didn't detract from the holiday

But - as for Arillas itself - WELCOME TO OUR PARADISE! Lookd forward to hearing your reports next time!
Janis x

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »
Hey all. we stayed at the kaloudis july/august 2009, loved everything about it, no contest, came home and booked again for 2010....we love arillas...

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2009, 07:52:05 PM »
Kaloudis is one dimension of Arillas, and a very good one too. But this place can meet nearly everyone's needs.  From quiet to party, from naturist to textile, from vegetaran to carnivore. I am obviously biased, but many have fallen under the spell.

Phil

riggers

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »
but many have fallen under the spell.

Phil

Not me Phil honest  :)  :D

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
I have also never noticed really loud music in the daytime, I loved it at the Kaloudis.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2009, 12:07:51 AM »
riggers mate, it's a wonder you haven't fallen under a lorry, yet alone a spell!

happy new year mate
Phil

Offline jo-jo

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »

Hi Janis

Good to hear from you. Lucky you back to Corfu in May! Hope everyone has had a good christmas. Great to read the posts. I often think about the lovely holiday in Arillas and cant wait to go back. I think I am sensitive to noise and thats why i mentioned the music by the pool at Kaloudis. It was not that it was too loud, I think it was that it was on most of the time and I just wanted peace.! It really is picking bones as everything else was excellent. I hope I havent put people off! It would be a shame as it is so well run but it was just how I found it. I really couldnt see the point to music all day and all evening!

We are hoping to go back in June and I think we will go independant and hire a car and find a room when there. There seemed spare capacity everywhere this year. Somewhere with a sunset view!!

Great to hear from Annie, will send you pm.

Happy New Year everyone

jo-jo

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »
Hi All
Some days I loved the music by the pool at Kaloudis - probably when it was mostly 1960s stuff - other days it seemed a bit of a racket!  Probably when they were playing more up to date things.  Apparently they have no control (apart from the off switch) over what is played as it all comes down the line from a computer somewhere.

If I went independent and wanted good sunsets Jo-Jo I'd go back to the Horizon.  They have great views there of the sunsets and its right on the beach.  They play music too however and sometimes quite late at night.  They have a reasonable pool although not as big as the Splish Splash at the Kaloudis.
Best wishes for 2010
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline jo-jo

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Pat, I think you identified my plight about the music by the pool at Kaloudis. a real shame in my opinion to be on all day.

Think we have decided to come back in July and do flights only and book a car through our Arillas hire man (forgotten his name sorry, place up main road near phone boxes!). We liked the studios up in the village above Arillas, the road past Helens taverna up the hill a couple of miles. We walked up there past white and black bakery etc. The taverna owner there or who was on that day (no english!) showed up round at our request and they looked lovely. Have a card somewhere and will look them up nearer, but will have to check if they play music after midnight!!

Otherwise I think Horizon might be lovely or bardis sun.

Thanks all HAPPY NEW YEAR

JO - JO  X

riggers

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »
Music or no music, can't wait to get back there :)  ..

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2010, 10:37:53 PM »
I think you must be talking about Theo at Arillas rent a car.
You could also try the Portifino or Marina both on the sea front if you want to go independant.
Barry

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2010, 04:32:33 AM »
Hi Jo-Jo,
If it's quiet you want, I would recommend The Bardis Sun Hotel. Well equipped, large rooms with fridge, kettle, air-con,sat T.V. huge pool and a superb breakfast served in the pool room as part of the very reasonable cost. Music is played in the pool room/bar between 0800-1800hrs, but it is not loud and cannot be heard on the sun terraces.
At night, you can appreciate the sound of the sea, with the night life, owls, frogs etc. otherwise peace. Next door is The Bardis Sun Studios. their bar is open until 'when' in season, the owners Spiros and Poppy are not related to Dorita and Aris of the B.S. Hotel, but the surname is Bardis! The B.S. Hotel is booked by 'phone as they used to be with Thomson,'Small and Friendly', but are now independent. Please PM me if you would like booking details.
Yammas,
Martin. 

Offline jo-jo

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2010, 06:26:57 PM »

Thanks Martin

Very much appreciate your comments. Bardis sun a possibility when I have booked the flights.

Great to keep in touch with everyone!

JO JO

Can you remind me how to send a pm/ Thanks xx

Offline jo-jo

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2010, 06:28:48 PM »
 Barry,

Thanks too! It was theo, very helpful will def use again.

JO JO X

Booking.com