Author Topic: Accommodation Favourites?  (Read 87640 times)

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Accommodation Favourites?
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2012, 11:24:34 AM »
Couldn't agree more Jules.

Offline Paudman

« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2012, 09:35:13 PM »
Anna Studios. I just couldn't stay anywhere else now - my daughter grew up in that pool year after year.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »
As I am new to the forum I've been reading posts dating back for years!It's great finding out about different restaurants, accomodation, beach, the people, in fact anything and everything about Arillas!
Our first holiday in Arillas was in July 2012  and 2013 (first time that we've visited the same place for 2 years running) You've guessed it, we too have got the Arillas bug!
Sadly, we are not going this year as we're off to Alykes in Zante but we've already booked to return to Arillas in 2015. Excited already!
Can someone tell me where is the "Nut?"
Happy Holidays everyone!

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »
It's me again! We stayed at Kaloudis apartments on both visits to Arillas and couldn't fault them. We will be returning to Kaloudis August 10th 2015 for two weeks. We usually go in July but I'm sure it's just as great in August (extremely hot!)
Also, where is Atkis? We do lots of walking when we're there but haven't come across these two places.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »
It is the Coconut Bar, located on the road leading back from the seafront, opposite the jetty. It is one of two bars with very different atmospheres. It is where you will find me the most time I can manage......

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »
The Akti is a super hotel, opposite the Coconut Bar and Malibu Bar. Very popular place to stay.

Phil

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2014, 03:47:30 PM »
Can't believe I didn't make the connection...."Nut"... "Coconut".... silly me! Yes I know where you mean now. Thanks for that Phil. We've never really fancied the Coconut bar, (hope I'm not offending anyone?)
We usually eat very late in the evening (English late) we don't usually sit down to order food until 9pm -10pm which can go on 2-3 hours or more! We usually then go for a stroll to walk it off and return for a late drink or two at the Kaloudis bar or have a drink on the balcony!
Maybe we will try it next year. Are the cocktails as strong as they are in the Ammos bar?
They make the best B52's ever! My mouth is watering just thinking about them now!   

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2014, 04:20:53 PM »
So sorry if I've offended any Coconut bar regulars. We just enjoy going back to Kaloudis after our evening meal to chat and catch up to other Kaloudis bar users and the lovely young Billy and other staff (usually stopping off at the Ammos bar for a cocktail!) It has nothing to do with the look of the place or the people, I'm just addicted to having a delicious B52 cocktail after our meal!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »
Suzy.... Don't be a "dilly" - No one is offended.

We love the boys at the Nut but don't do evening visits as the noise can be too much for "old" eardrums!

Doesn't stop our very good friendship though.

Each to their own. - Just enjoy what is good for you.

Negg

Offline Chris12

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »
Not old ear drums just relaxed ear drums Neil

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2014, 05:13:29 PM »
Thanks for that reply Negg. Only just joined the forum and loving it so don't want to be upsetting any one just yet although you all seem far to relaxed and easy going (a bit like Arillas itself! ) to take offence too easily. Our kind of people.
I'm off work at the minute (school Easter break ) and It's pouring down with rain outside so I'm having a very lazy day before I return to work reading all the posts. It's a bit addictive isn't it? 

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2014, 06:19:51 PM »
Suzy, as Eggy says everyone has their own idea of what is perfect! We personally love the Coconut but also Ammos and the Horizon hotel for a chilled out extra special cocktail.  The Akti also has a lovely chilled poolside area for late evening drinks and last year saw the return of Whispers bar.  We tend to do much the same as you, nice leisurely meal, then perhaps to one of the other three then onto the Coconut to finish our evening.  When 'brown eyed girl' comes on we always chuckle and think 'we are here'!

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »
 Jo, we loved the Whisper's Bar too. We popped in one evening on our way back from the Akatori (the road way back) We're not that brave walking in the dark on a cliff top!
Anyway, at one point as we were enjoying our drink ( I should say drinks!) in Whisper's, the barman (can't remember his name...really lovely man) he had to pop out and as he left he told us to help ourselves to drinks and just leave what ever money we think's correct on the bar!
We didn't but we know it would have been ok if we did.
Another of Arillas's lovely qualities. Very trustworthy people!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2014, 02:50:03 AM »
And that Suzy says it all!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
Coconut for me
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com