Author Topic: Accommodation Favourites?  (Read 87681 times)

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Accommodation Favourites?
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2010, 06:03:49 PM »
erja
so true but its still bl--dy sixteen weeks and counting...........yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »
For Jen and me it needs to be at the bottom of the hill these days. (But the beach is, so I stand by my previous comment about sleeping there if I had to.....)

I really don't have  a favourite. From Kaloudis to Mirage, From Brouklis to Tria Adelphia we could be happy anywhere.

Phil

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
I agree with you Phil stayed at lot's of places in Arillas and would be happy to stay at any of them again. We love the place we have now for the summer because we are only yards from the beach.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2010, 12:54:53 PM »
In the early years of visiting Arillas, we stayed all over, all of the places having their own charm.  I am a real beach lover so when we saw the Marinaki being built we always said we would love to stay there and thats what we have done.  The only way we would stay somewhere else now is if they were completely full, as I would rather be anywhere in Arillas than nowhere!

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »
Just re-read this thread right through.  What a lot of diverse opinons offered here. 
Made for good reading- especially as there were posts from people whom we`ve not heared from for a long time. Where are you now?
 Any of you changed your mind about your favourites? Though I have to say anywhere in Arillas would be a favourite. To any newcomers to this site, what do you think?
  Anyway, sorry for rehashing this topic.
      Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »
Don't apologise Paul. New posts get read much more than old ones, and promoting our favourite accommodation can only help.

We could happily stay anywhere in Arillas, but we chose Bardis Sun Studios for July, having stayed there last year and made firm friends with all of the family. It has a lovely pool, the accommodation is spotless, it is on the flat and almost at the South end of the beach road. And like everywhere in Arillas, a truly welcoming, friendly atmosphere. But we always try to stay at Brouklis in late October. So I guess they are our favourites.

Phil

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »
Kaloudis for us. But I don't think you can go far wrong wherever you stay.

Offline Vaughan & Angie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »
We have stayed at Tria (our first time in Arillas) loved it.  Then Maria Stamatis, so relaxing, then Makris, such nice people and a lovely place.  Then (thanks Jo) Marinaki and it is Marinaki again this year.  All folk are lovely, both locals and us grockels, but Dida was so lovely, and even put on a special in the restaurant for me.

Say no more....

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
We always used to go to Kaloudis in May, but then started to go to Arillas twice a year, so it's Kaloudis in May and Horizon in September/October.

It's better at Horizon because when we set off for our daily walk round the village we can turn either left or right, whereas from Kaloudis we can only go one way (ONLY JOKING!!)

Both places are great - love 'em both for different reasons...

Janis x

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2012, 05:11:20 AM »
My 'second home' is The Bardis Sun Hotel, Dorita  and Aris are fantastic hosts, no 'singles supplement', great hotel and grounds with an amazing pool and breakfast included in the price!
Roll on 7th. May, home again for three weeks!
www.bardis-hotel.com
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you said that Dave n Anne , thats where we are in August !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2012, 03:41:25 PM »
Over the 14 years we have been going we have stayed at several places.

First visit was an allocation on arrival and we were thrilled to be given a room in the Marina Hotel.  Opened the balcony doors at 3am and we were just hooked from there, never been any where but Arillas since.

We have also stayed at Makris, Arillas Bay Apartments and Rainbow, all are a little to far to walk now after rolling out of Coconut at some ungodly hour.  We stayed at Portofino for a number of years and the views from the balcony are to die for but we needed more space with Calum being older. 

We now love th Marina Pool apartments, you open your veranda doors and what more could you ask for, pool, beach and of course our Sharon and her home made cakes. They are also 2 bedrooms and kitchen which is great for us. When we took Mam we stayed in Marina Hotel because of the lift and because if we went for a walk (the times poor Mick didn't tak her in her wheelchair) she could sit on the balcony and still feel part of everything that was going on.

Ohhhh well totally homesick now, jut under 7 weeks for our first fix of the year.  Ooops forgot I'm at work well better get some done now.  Paul thanks for nudging this one back up to top

Jill x
Jill XXX

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
like jill
weve stayed in several places over the yrs ,but as mum-in-law comes with,, marina is ideal ,,,,weve stayed in the apts on the pool but now prefer the apts just behind ,back of yiotas shop ...and with the lift at marina mum goes in the hotel opposite,,and with sharons poolbar at hand and views to die for im a happy kiddie ,,x.yammas

Offline chrisT

« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »
stayed at marvel a few times and found sofia and her family to be lovely,  my wife chipped a bone in her foot one year outside the bakery while looking at the fruit on the floor costas was there in the car within 2 mins and took her to doctors we wasn't staying there but the family were and still are the tops.We now stay with angela & alex at alexandros apartments spotlessly clean and what a lovely lady fresh eggs, salad, fruit and if she has been baking cakes and nothing is ever to much. 

Offline jules

« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »
this is a very easy one for me - the only place we would stay is the Kaloudis Village - the warmth of the welcome, the quality of the accommodation, the fab food and drink, the facilities and the location are all brilliant - and the lovely deep pool is the best - we go every year and love it to bits!!
Many thanks,

Jules

Booking.com