Accommodation Favourites?

Started by Paul D, March 01, 2009, 12:07:16 AM

Eileen

Craig, let us know if the Thetis makes it to the top of your list.

Eileen.x
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

justphil

Hi Craig. You obviously like to be near the middle of things with that list! These days Jen needs to as well because she doesn't get very far on foot, and I drink rather than drive....

You asked about Thetis Palace - it is set behind Mathraki and has had some great reviews, not least from Eggy. There is an easy way to the beach from there and so it is in a really good spot. Had we not got a room at Brouklis in July, we would probably have gone there.

Mirage is Thomas Cook, so as independents, not an option for us, but so understand why it's top of your list. The view from the pool or bar is like a mirage. And Nikos and Angela are lovely.

Whatever you decide you will love it. We could be in a tent on the beach and still enjoy being in Arillas.

Phil

Island Girl

Can't believe no one has mentioned Irenes Villas Lux Apartments (just next to the Marvelous and the Rainbow); a small apartment block with all the comforts of home, and a brilliant welcome from Eleni & Spiros.  We go back year after year...

justphil

Island girl luvver, we haven't mentioned anyone really. I said we would live in a tent on the beach because we don't want to suggest one place over another. But if I am honest (moi? phil? him??) we really don't care. We spent a whole month with no garlic crusher or any of my cooking utensils. Here in blighty I have every shape of utensils you can get at my disposal. I wouldn't want to make a wedding cake in Elena Stella, but that wasn't on our agenda.

Eleni and Spiros always go two extra miles to make Irenes Villa Lux apartments special. They always get eleven out of ten, and Eleni, we will stay with yous one day  soon. Yes please, luvly jubbly......

So understand what yous said about your stay there Island Girl. But if i'm honest I could sleep on the beach in July. Arillas loves me, and I love Arillas

And so does Jen she just shouted to me....
Phil

Paul D

Hi, everyone. I know this topic is old, but I thought I`d give it a little nudge.
                     We`re staying at Rainbow again this year, so I guess it`s
                     one of our favourites. But we`ve also loved the other places
                     we`ve stayed at.
                     I know some of you like to return to the same digs year on
                      year, but would you consider elsewhere in the village if the
                     price was right?
                     Would you stay in the same place no matter how much it costs
                     cos you`ve found the perfect place for yourselves and because
                     of the friendships you have made there?
                       A famous person once said he`d sleep on the beach if necessary-
                     not tried that, but if it means being there.......

Yammas  Paul

Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

TONYNEW

We loved the Mathraki apartments Paul hence staying there again this year but other elements enter into our choice From the Tour operator ,airport,flight times etc
I guess we are lucky that Mathraki are with Thomson this year and we can fly from Leeds Bradford on a Friday afternoon at 3.30 and its 3 miles up the road 10 mins in a Taxi
I would certainly stay at any of the other apartments in Arillas if say i could only get a night flight from Manchester to the Mathraki , ive done a few night flights and vowed never again after the last one
Looking around Arillas to me all the apartments we saw looked brilliant so would stay in any of them that had a departure from LB
                                         Tony

kevin.g

paul /tony
i stay at different places every year,,this year marina apts ,last year atki,and so on  ,i have no favourites,i have been  with ma-os ,,t/c..and also independant,as long as your happy where you stay ,thats all that matters,,,,as they are all freindly ,clean ,and make you welcome,and for me im not going on holiday ,im going back to see freinds ,and they make you welcome no matter where in town your staying........yammas my arilliacs...........

riggers

As you all probably know we are Kaloudis lovers :) . I am sure we could try somewhere else though. I keep looking at the Thetis and Bardis evry time we pass and think i would like to give them  a try. The Rainbow too and and AND WELL ALL REALLY.  :)

riggers.

16 weeks tomorrow :D for what seems a very long awaited return.

kevin.g

riggs im only 4 days behind u ..............yammas.

riggers

I can almost taste that Ouzo Kev... lol

kevin.g

and the mythos ,and the food ,ohhhh im shaking with anticipation...oh and the darts lol....yammas

riggers

Maybe the coconut could get some rooms, wouldn't half save my legs at night (morning).  :D

justlynn

Oh, stop it.....  16 weeks, and I really can't wait

Just imagine the exclamation marks - the top row of my pc keyboard isn't working, and I can't be bothered to go and start up the laptop

No brackets either, no smilies.....

lynn xx

riggers

Erja

Heidi calls Brouklis Rooms "our summer home" and I second that whole heartedly. We all love different things and that is good because everyone gets to spend their time in Arillas where everyone feels comfortable and at home. Arillas is a state of mind  :)
Life is good ;)