Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 351516 times)

Offline Jez

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #660 on: March 07, 2014, 03:24:58 PM »
A small presentation eh,? Sounds like a long evening...

Mezze, ouzo, beers etc, I wonder? Most likely, methinks...

Jez

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #661 on: March 13, 2014, 06:49:32 PM »
A small presentation eh,? Sounds like a long evening...

Jez

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE _ MATEY!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"" Another banana for a Sidari Monkey""

Another cup goes on the shelf at Marvel, thanks to Andy who wins the 301 singles K/O with a super 3-0 win over Nickos (Nickolettos) Andy would be the first to say though that the score line did not reflect the standard of darts thrown by both players. To get to the double and be denied a shot is a hard thing indeed

The Team K/O gets underway with early casualties being the "Liquorice Allsorts" team going down 5-0 to the Three W's A squad. Shot of the night was nearly Sally (Allsorts) with a 55 out (Treble 17 double 2) but that was superseded with a 180 by Mikalis (W's)

Marvel A Team got a little revenge,for losing the League Cup, beating Three W's B by 5-2 but the dark horses must be the Kokalo Trio with the hardest first round winning 5-3 with good merit scores and a 180 by Stathis (Kokalo) - Marvel B squad played well here and must now be licking their wounds!!
(The luck of the draw did them no favours)

Each winning Team from these matches will now play each other in a 3 way "Round Robin" so do not pick a winner yet or put your mortgage on a result!!

Next week brings in the 501 singles K/O and a shortlist of favourites for this must be:-
Pete (Hippopots)
Xrisanthos (W's)
Stathis (Kokalo)
Negg (Marvel)

Hard one to call guys!!
Cheers
Neill

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #662 on: March 20, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »
" HIPPO POTS THE DOUBLES.........."

.......... and books his place for the final of the "Arilliac 501 singles" knock out. All rounds were of a high standard, not least his 5 leg semi-final against Team mate Leon (Kokalo), with 7 scores of 100+ recorded. A 3-2 win for Pete the Hippo who now will represent Armourada in the final.

His opponent will be that Sea Monkey, Andy, (Marvel) who after a first round scare against Mikalis (W's) winning 2-1, and after a 3rd round scare against Stathis (Kokalo) finally put his power scoring to good use beating Nickos(Kokalo) 3-0 in his semi-final. Earlier rounds had seen Nickos beating Lezsek and  Yiorgos (W's) scoring 121,120,100 and highest out of the night with 104. Andy's final tally of merits totalled 7 x 100, 2 x 140 and a 180 max.

So we have an all "wildlife" final with a Hippo vs a Monkey. As Harry Hill would say on his TV Burp series.
"Who is the best? - There's only one way to find out! - F I I I G H T !!"
Rumour has it that Richard Attenborough will be doing the scoring.

Cheers
Negg

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #663 on: March 20, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »
Hippo's are big, but monkeys are fast! So hopefully will be a good even match..just give 'em a few Mythos each, and they'll both do OK!!

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #664 on: March 20, 2014, 12:28:46 PM »

We live quite near Chester Zoo but now l find l have a mini zoo at my finger tips :) Lol

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #665 on: March 27, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »
" So, cross a Hippo with a Negg and you get........?"

........ the Rainbow/Anemos Pairs Knock out winners!!

In a darting evening, where scores were scrambled and doubles were poached, Negg and Pete ran out the 3-0 winners against Spiros and Leszek (Three W's)

In earlier rounds, last years winners, Capt Bob and Doug did a "Humpy Dumpty" losing to Kokalo's , Stathis n Nickos 2-1. Favourites Xrisanthos n Michalis (W's) found no double yolks and lost 2-0 to the eventual winners. Earlier rounds had seen them cracking the chances of Bill n Dave (Marvel) and Leon n Nickos S, (Kokalo)  Stathis n Nickos were "shell shocked" losing 2-1 to finalists Spiros n Lezsek., who also fried the chances of team mates, Yiorgos n Leonidas.
The Marvel duo of Richard n Velantis practised well, with Velantis hitting his first ever 180, but sadly they never re-produced these scores in their first round. Maybe came to the boil too quickly??
(Sometimes darts is a "hardegg" - or is it heartache?)

A fun night was eggspected and had. Another award for the Marvel shelf.??
(Or is it Armourada as Pete n Negg play for different Teams??)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #666 on: March 27, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »

Congratulations, bet you're both like a dog with two tails.

As for sharing the trophy, take a nice photo and swop around every month.....Marvel trophy.......photo Armourada, Marvel photo......trophy Armourada. ;)

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #667 on: March 27, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »
Well done mate !!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Night Owl

« Reply #668 on: March 31, 2014, 01:22:13 PM »
NIGHT OWL FUN NIGHTS ARE HERE

After a fab winter playing fun darts matches at Oscars, Hovoli, Matts, and home and after  plenty litres of tsipouro and beer drunk;  lots of curry eaten, Night Owl returns to his nest to meet Owlettes for a mixed pairs celebration  competition with lots of food, retsina, tsipouro and fun. Partners were drawn out of the hat and from the first round strong battles commenced.

Dimitris (Rainbow) /Sally vs Nick (Night Owl)/Penelope (Captain  Bob’s little Penny).  
 Let’s play darts. Dimi wins the bull. Throws first.  ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY. What a start.  After 5 throws 170 left for Dimi. 60-20-60. What a  disappointment. (And he doesn’t have any hair to pull.)  First leg goes to Dimi and Sally. Nick looked worried. 2nd leg starts. Nick – 100, Dimi -100 and they continue. 144 left for Dimi. 60-54 miss D15. Only once. Next throw straight in and Nick straight out to his kitchen to cook some spicy chicken wings and Penelope straight to the hug of Captain Borelli.
2nd match.  Spiros (Anemos)/Linda (Owlette) vs Makis (The tsipouro man)/Chilly Peppery Saucy Candy.
Game starts with a very hot Linda. Very, very hot.  Scores 105, 134, 85. What a performance. 32 left for Linda. D8, D8. Silence …and then screaming. Nick hasn’t heard her scream  ….. so loud before.!!!!! Linda’s screaming has woken tsipouro Makis out of his winter hibernation (scoring 26’s) and with 140-100-135 helped his partner to win the second leg. 3rd leg, point to point, Candy and Linda breast to breast. 97 left  for Candy ,who leaves tops… for her partner.  Spiros misses 32 and Makis really excited with Candy’s tops …finds it and sends Linda running to the kitchen to finish her special pizzas.

3rd match Captain Bob/Pam vs Gary (Villa Theia) and the Sweet cake lady Dawn.
Gary is on form 140-100, Dawn follows him and first leg goes to Gary and Dawn. Captain Bob looks at his partner and tells her: eh eh Pam, what are they doing??? I am the captain here. I’m suppose to win.  So he takes his weapons and clears the second leg. Decider1-1. Point to point and the decider goes to the double. The experience of Captain Bob gives them the win and gets Dawn busy thinking how she is going to make a D2 cake she misses.
4th match Ann (Makis M.I.L –Makes Incontrollable Laughter) partners  toy boy Petros Night Owl (I think that draw was fixed) vs Big Doug and Spiros Night Owl who was called up from his lessons due to the degradable absence of Roger’s Ann. Doug’s and Spiros’ hundreds give them the advantage and they take the first leg. Second leg is different. Spiros and Doug lost their doubles and Petros, the toy boy, D7 first dart .1-1. Another decider. Doug and Spiros look each other, sharpen their points, clean their glasses, and after a good performance took 3rd leg. All close matches.
SEMI FINALS
Dimi Rainbow/Sally vs Makis/Candy. Would it be easy for Dimi and Sally? NO. Makis has already drunk 2 bottles of retsina.  Board looks bigger for him .The doubles look bigger too. With a 86 out wins the first leg. Dimi and Sally haven’t said their last words and with Dimis’ calamariiis and Sally to finish they take 2nd leg. Another decider. Another derby. Both teams go to the double and this time it was Candy with a D14 finish to give her team the win.
Bob/Pam vs Doug/Spiros. Some said this could be the final, but it is only the semi. Only one stays alive. After a really good game, the quality play of Spiros and Doug gives them a 2-0 win .
FINAL –David vs Goliath.  Makis (retsina man for tonight) and spicy Candy vs Doug Reason and Spiros Night Owl.  Is history to be repeated?  Game starts. Makis is on the 3rd bottle of retsina. Trebles looks enormous now, and 140-100-100 follow, misses 32 but only the first time. One leg to David, battle still on and Goliath shows his strength on the 2nd leg and they easily make it 1-1. Decider again. One leg, one trophy.  Game starts, 125- Makis. Spiros follows, 125 too (whatever you do Makis, I can do it better Spiros said). Doug -100, Candy - 76.  Makis – 100, close game. Both teams go to their doubles. Pressure is on. Doug misses it. Candy misses it. Spiros misses it. Retsina drunk man straight in, David wins again.

What a brilliant night, what a brilliant winter without taking part in a darts League. All Night Owl and Owlettes want to say hello to Paul Sawyer who moved back to UK. Everybody misses our secret weapon, but don’t worry Paul, Gary (Villa Theia took your place. He is really good at drinking beers and he has been trained how to make the Night Owl stomach dancing. Nobody mentions his darts skills.
Night Owl had a brilliant winter playing fun friendly and competitive darts. Hope everybody has a lovely summer. Dimi Rainbow and Nick Night Owl always wait for you for a game, show you where calamari is on the board. Spiros Anemos waits to show you a calamari meze with nice view of Arillas. Captain Bob will be cruising from bar to bar with his Penelope. Gary Villa Theia will be cutting grass with his refreshment beer in the other hand and me, the tsipouro man, will hopefully be at the airport for your safe landing and take off. Yammas.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #669 on: April 03, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »
Nice report there, from the Owl. Such a shame that their darts nigh clashes with the League, as Nickos has an open invite for all to join in. I wonder if any other Forums have a "Darts Thread"?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The  NTS "Round Robin" Team K/O now becomes very interesting as........
.... Kokalo beat Three W's by 6 games to 3.

Then... Marvel beat Three W's by a very lucky 8-1.

On a 3 way points total we have:-
Three W's - 4 (played 2 matches)
Kokalo - 6
Marvel - 8
Kokalo play Marvel tomorrow and will need a 6-3 win to take the Cup.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To answer an e-mail I had, yesterday from a couple on holiday here in June. They have just taken up darts but find the various rules/games confusing. We play a 301 singles in the League as, to be honest, playing a 501 may take some time with 11 games per Match, all the best of 3. Equally there is no margin for error, as in 501, a bad score can be easily rectified over the longer format. A 301 game will, quite often, find the chinks in the armour of a player used to 501. A 301 also gives the non dart player a chance of beating a regular player. Many people prefer the 501 though. Join in the darts when you are here. Very sad to hear that more and more dartboards are vanishing from local Pubs and replaced by extra tables for diners. -Interested from other "Arilliacs" about their local.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NTS league will finish tomorrow night and all winners spots will be decided. We then dust off our darts and enter in to any Summer Knock outs that are arranged.

Summer K/O 's may be 501 or 301 and I am sure that there are many local players out there who will share/organise these games to give me a rest for a while.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #670 on: April 04, 2014, 12:54:58 AM »
"" It gets worse - DONCHERKNOW ""

A Monkey , Hippo and an Egg win the 3-aside Round Robin Team K/O!!
Representing Marvel, Andy , Pete and Negg got the 6-3 win they were after to clinch the award.

The 501 "Arilliac" Final was also played and the 501 experience of Andy paid dividends with a fine 3-0 win, scoring a 180 on the way. Hippo Pete will, I am sure, sink under the water and will "Sea-Monkeys" for a little while but will take great consolation that it was his winning game that got his Team the 6-3 in the "Round Robin".

Many places now, in Arillas, with dartboards. So as the NTS League winds down, the Summer will build and plenty more darts in the pipeline for those of you who wish , not only to play, but also to meet those faces to match the names you keep reading about.

Night Owl, Tria Adelphia, Rainbow,Coconut, Marvel and even Costas on the Beach.
So many dartboards - So little time!

Cheers
Negg

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #671 on: April 05, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »
Great reporting from both sides, look forward to seeing you all again in July, gringo returning to Arillas again, yammas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #672 on: April 05, 2014, 09:57:28 PM »
Gringo , you littlr bugger you.

There are a long Night Owl group who want to give you a "bashing" in the nicest way possible.
Plus , some League players who want your scalp.

It reminds me of the BDO and PDC.
Who is BDO and who is PDC.????

It matters not..... We all want your scalp! - Pressure?- What pressure?

Negg

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #673 on: April 05, 2014, 11:15:31 PM »
Ah hello Neill, oh I think I'll let you decide whether I'm Pdc or Bdo lol, looking forward to seeing you all & giving you all a game. Hope you're keeping well & see you all soon, Yammas :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #674 on: April 11, 2014, 07:28:28 PM »
looking forward to seeing you all & giving you all a game. Yammas :-)

A game or a thrashing - Jinksy??????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Was this the first local Summer Knock Out ? "

Three W's , last night, attracted 14 players and 6 supporters for their pairs K/O competition. Organised by Margerita (W's) with no entry fee and wine plus awards to the Winner.

It was played , as a mixed pairs, with man/women pairing drawn from the hat for every round. Plus a first round loser "Wild Card" which meant no one just played one game.

I can't remember many high scores in this best of three 501 as it was a sociable evening where darts took the second spot and no one kept a merit sheet. I do remember Margerita scoring a 2 though and many 26's hit by Andy. Negg, I think managed a 97 , once! Xrisanthos seemed to play with eyes closed!
But other shots were good with local "guest"  Nicola checking out on 56 with 2 and some very consistent scoring. Margetita did hit a one dart double 14 though against Xrisanthos. (Think that pleased her!)

The final draw was Xris n Nicola vs Leslie n Margeritta and with a last leg "both on double" went the way of Xris n Nicola.

A super night and just as Night Owl say, you don't need a league to have fun. Good company , that's all.

Hoping Anne n Phil mention this on their blog. Didn't they do well !!!!!!
(Phil n Jen did not take part as there was a potential health hazard to others)

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com