Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 885844 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #1155 on: August 24, 2009, 11:59:15 AM »
Cases to be packed in the morning, and then we're catching our flight to Corfu in the evening, arriving in Arillas in the early hours of Tuesday morning..... can't wait!!

Looking forward to our second holiday in Arillas and our first at Mathraki Studios.

And I am Looking forward to hearing what a good time you had :)
Life is good ;)

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1156 on: August 27, 2009, 11:07:25 PM »
hi erja, you will def enjoy mathraki the studios and the family that runs them are wonderful, we stayed ther for two weeks in august, pure bliss, yammas, jinksy

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1157 on: August 27, 2009, 11:15:40 PM »
Am sure Erja should answer, but she won't mind me saying. She always stays at Brouklis, but knows like Jen and me do, just how lovely Mathraki is. Great pool, great welcome, great family, great apartments and in a lovely position - quiet but not too far from anything. So agree with you jinsky. Our Eileen has stayed and loved it there.

Waiting for Quack John's report - can guess it will be good, but tell it like it was John!

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #1158 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:53 AM »
Am sure Erja should answer, but she won't mind me saying. She always stays at Brouklis, but knows like Jen and me do, just how lovely Mathraki is.

:D Erja really doesn't mind you saying Phil!

Yep, I always stay in Brouklis but Mathraki has been recommended by many.

I am waiting for Quack John's report too :)
Life is good ;)

Offline IanandSylvia

« Reply #1159 on: September 02, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »
Well, less than 48 hours until take off - can't wait!

I've had my holiday haircut, Sylvia's getting wax applied and then ripped off from legs etc. (She'd love it to know I'm sharing that info...)

And the oven's been scrubbed.

....Must be a woman thing, but we can't seem to go on holiday anywhere until the house has had a complete clean through, and the kitchen is honking of Mr Muscle. I can't see the link, but it makes sense to Sylvia, and keeps her happy too.
Ego gets - and forgets
Love gives - and forgives

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1160 on: September 02, 2009, 04:42:27 PM »
Ianandsylvia,
I can understand that cleaning lark I used to put a good squirt of bleach down the loo & sinks

No point doing it this year as left teenage son at home so had to do it all when we got home!

Have a great hol.

Karen

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #1161 on: September 02, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »
LOL...yes definitely a woman's thing Ian!  A holiday is not a holiday until we have ourselves and our houses shiny and glam before we go.

Of course you could always join Sylvia in her beauty preparations... I do believe John the Ref is partaking in a little waxing too.... ;-)

Eileen.

Offline IanandSylvia

« Reply #1162 on: September 02, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »
I helped out with the cleaning - but will give the waxing a miss. Man (the hairy hunter) is coming to Arillas, unwaxed and kitted out to go!

If my legs were hairless, the fish woudn't have anything to nibble on while I'm snorkelling....

We've a 27 year-old looking after the home. He usually does a decent - but obviously last minute - clean up before we get back.
Ego gets - and forgets

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1163 on: September 02, 2009, 06:45:18 PM »
Have a great time IanandSylvia. After all the hype you will find life there is even better for real.

We usually leave the place in a mess and our 27 year old spruces it all up while we are away. How lucky are we!

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1164 on: September 02, 2009, 08:47:26 PM »
I can't believe it - another obsessive like me! I'd like the house to be clean and tidy all the time but it never is, so I tend to shrug my shoulders and let it be, BUT when going on holiday I always have a mad cleaning session.... I think it so we've got a nice clean and tidy house to come back to!  That is, until I open the suitcases on return ready to start the washing....
...and my 67 year old doesn't DO washing of clothes

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #1165 on: September 02, 2009, 09:00:27 PM »
Eileen
I will be Waxing, and it's all down to you.
Just tingling thinking about it.......

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #1166 on: September 02, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »
Eileen
I will be Waxing, and it's all down to you.

or rather all up to you...

LOL....Eileenx

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1167 on: September 03, 2009, 11:20:13 AM »
Hurrah, only 12 months to go now. Our little ticker is counting down the days for us!
Karen

Offline IanandSylvia

« Reply #1168 on: September 03, 2009, 12:13:37 PM »
Thia time tomorrow we'll be jetting South...

The cleaning thing is just Mars and Venus, I s'pose.

This year, one of my friends wanted to commune with nature, so took his wife camping. After the tent was set up, he took a walk in the woods.

As he walked, the solitude and atmosphere soaked into his being, and he followed a track deeper into the trees. THIS was going back to nature. He saw a rabbit and wondered if he could fashion a snare from a greenwood sapling.

By the time he got back to the tent, he had entertained plans of fishing in the lake, of making a bow (there may be deer in the woods) and saw himself saying a prayer of thanks to the gods of the forest as he lit his cooking fire.

He should tell his woman...

As he stepped into the tent opening he was halted by a strident voice:

"Don't you DARE come in here with those boots on...I've just swept this tent out and cleaned the windows (windows?)

This bit here is for shoes, and that bit is for your clothes. I've hung the toileteries up in that corner. Do you fancy washing your hands and making us a nice cup of tea?"

His hunter shadow vanished in a blink and he settled to lighting the camping stove, thinking now about a trip to the nearest village for some pub grub and a pint...

See you there!!

Ian and Sylvia
Ego gets - and forgets

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1169 on: September 03, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
Nice one Ian and Sylvia. May well bump inot you as we fly out on the 11th.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Booking.com