Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 893188 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »
Hey Paul, eating what you love in such a fab place will never be naff be it English or Greek! You enjoy and be proud! Only like me enjoying my Woodpecker Cider - not exactly authentically Greek but MY GOD it tastes so much better over there!

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2008, 10:44:42 PM »
Hi,Jo. Couldn`t agree more. Most things seem better in our  little bit of paradise. It`s really great to be able to keep in touch with loads of like minded people. Using this site is like never having to be away from the place. We`ve been to many fab places but this one just hits the spot. This Sep will be our fourth visit.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2008, 10:47:46 PM »
hi Paul

after that one it will be the forum Arillas Regular Visitor badge.

best wishes
Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2008, 11:05:46 PM »
Hi,Phil. Yes you`re right and hopefully there will be plenty more visits. But this world is a pretty big place, so we`ll have to fit in somewhere else now and again!!!!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #244 on: May 21, 2008, 12:12:48 AM »
Agree, Paul. I have travelled all over UK, europe and been to USA about twenty times. Plus a few holidays in france, Ibiza, Majorca etc. But at our age, Jen and me always end up spending our (limited) money on Arillas now. Even a lottery win wouldn't change that.... except we'd never come back here.

Enjoy September - you may see us around. just come up and say hello...

Best wishes
phil and jen

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2008, 12:56:09 PM »
Only 9 days to go before our return to arillas. Can't wait I can smell the food and the fresh air already.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »
For me, I know I've arrived back in heaven when I step out of the plane and the heat, and the mixture of the smell of the diesel fumes and the vegetation hits you!

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #247 on: May 21, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »
Does anyone else think it is a problem , that when you have found such a perfect place it makes you hesitate to book for anywhere else . As paul d says the world is a big place .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #248 on: May 21, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »
Angie, I know just what you mean.  I am totally switched off from home and in Greek mode when I get off the plane.  The jacket comes off, the sunnies go on and I am already chilled out... not worried about the long wait at carousel at the airport either.

We know the world is a big place too but I cant be bothered now to hunt around for suitable holiday accommodation, it can be so stressful looking for something and then when you get there it isnt all its made out to be.  We would rather go where we know immediately we feel at home and can relax as soon as we get off the plane.  We did 6 yrs on the trot to Crete now Arillas seems to be going the same way now and we love it there as does everyone else.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »
I agree with everything BG has said. Just as she and Mike went to Crete, we went to Kefalonia and we did try other places but were really disappointed.

Skala in Kefalonia changed a lot and has become over developed and its awful to see somewhere that you really like become ruined by greed. I don't think that Arillas will ever get like that.

The ideal year for us would be 4 weeks in Arillas, 2 single weeks seeing different places and about 5 city breaks. Just two problems, time and money :-( .

I am looking forward to this year more than ever because it is our second trip to Arillas and now know that we will get two weeks in an Earthly Paradise.

Offline dwg69

« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2008, 03:23:50 PM »
I finished work last night at midnight to day cut the grass, down to the bottle bank, chage the camera batterys and finish off packing tomorow and on Friday drive to Norwich airport for a 16.10 flight Corfu here we come

Derek

Poise is the art of raising the eyebrow instead of the roof

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »
That is very organised Derek....I caught a flight at midnight so worked till 5pm before driving to the airport, then on the return journey got home at 4am, a few hours kip....then straight into work. I like to maximise my leave....
Sandy x

Offline dwg69

« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2008, 04:22:14 PM »
That is very organised Derek....I caught a flight at midnight so worked till 5pm before driving to the airport, then on the return journey got home at 4am, a few hours kip....then straight into work. I like to maximise my leave....

That sounds hard work I will be away for 14 days comming back on the 6 June (Fri) then not back to work until the next Wednesday
Derek

Poise is the art of raising the eyebrow instead of the roof

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #253 on: May 21, 2008, 04:26:14 PM »
Derek I will wave to you when you fly over my house friday afternoon!! ;)

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #254 on: May 21, 2008, 04:36:42 PM »
Terry W.

My boss goes to Skala evey year and has been doing so for a while.He always goes first two weeks in July.Stays at the three muses I think.

Booking.com