Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 897195 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2008, 10:17:13 AM »
I agree it does get easier... like a comfortable pair of slippers you dont want to get rid of!
Why try to wear a new pair in when the old ones are still usable and loved!  lol!

We were at our nephews wedding on Saturday and the service was talking about them being best friends as they are lasting and I think that is very true.  So to have a best friend for over 36 years and can still plan holidays without having a row about where you are going is pretty special!  No arguments when it comes to Arillas eh?

I wished we could spend more than two weeks in Arillas but we didnt think we would be able to got at all this year so are so pleased to be able to do 2 weeks at least.  Mikes self employed so although we do have a cat too, finding someone to look after work here for two weeks is hard enough to sort out.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Paul C

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2008, 08:49:47 PM »
Blonde girl, how right you are in everything you say in your last post. This year is our 38th on the 22nd August. We have known each other for 40 years now (and it don't seem a day to much),that makes us sound really old !! Agree with what you state about holidays in Arillas no arguments  there. Arrive on 8th Sept just before you, so beware the two silly old f##ts charging about on a motor scooter like a pair of demented MODS.
Paul

Offline LilnJay

« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2008, 10:47:26 PM »
Hi all, what a fantastic web site.... i'm hooked. We are coming to Arillas on the 2nd June for 2 weeks (our first time) and after reading all of your comments and praises we are very excited!! Arillas sounds like just what we are looking for.  We are stayin at  the Makris Apartments and although i gather its a short hike back after a few drinks all other comments seem to be fine.... a walk is always fun when a little bit tipsy!!!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2008, 01:35:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum! You will love Arillas, take it from us! Before you know it you will have your 'regular visitor' badge and will be giving your own advice! June is a lovely time to go the weather should be lovely and hot.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2008, 08:40:47 PM »
You will love it in June... should be hot hot hot then!

The Makris isnt that far really, its very nice to walk back to after your meal and have a last nightcap at the bar.  We usually walk around "the circle" back to the Bardis before or after our meal, depending on how fit we are feeling!

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2008, 10:27:36 PM »
Hi Phil,blondegirl,johnandlynn and Paul and Denise and to eveyone else. Since my last post, it seems that after gentle persuasion, Heather has seen the light. So I`ll be looking to sort travel plans for Aug/Sep. As soon as I know, you`ll know. A friend of mine came back last week after his first visit to Arillas and like each of you, found it a wonderful place. He stayed at Kaloudis and would definitely return. I don`t know why,but I am now thinking of the fabulous crepes you can get at Ammos. What are your favourite eating places?
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2008, 11:34:11 PM »
Hi Paul
Am setting off from Lincoln at 03:00am Friday morning heading for the Kaloudis.
You should have a great holiday in August or September.  Yes must get some of those crepes from Ammos.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:40 PM »
You will be inundated with suggestions now.

Brouklis... lovely traditional food
Vavilas.... brilliant fish (very nice cheesecake too)
Kostas ... Mikes favourite for chefs salad and mine is the kleftiko
Captains.... huge portions and very good full english which is nice after a nice long early morning walk!

We want to try Graziella this year as we keep walking past it.

Spoilt for choice really, they are all good!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2008, 02:37:38 AM »
BG is right - you'll be inundated!

Ours is Graziella and the fabulous garlic prawns, but then there's
Thalassa - fried perch, penelope's delight, stamna....
Vavilas (Tomas) and ANY of his fish (but once he caught prawns the size of crayfish - one cut in half made a delicious meal...)
Brouklis - authentic Corfiot food - galaktoboureko is very poular (sweet)
Amourada - true taverna style - all great
Ammos - crepes!
etc etc

Not enough nights to run out of places to eat!

Kaloudis is special too - many forum members swear by it and return time after time.

Know you will enjoy eating in Arillas

best wishes
Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »
Hi Blondegirl,
You are right - Graziella is too good to walk past!
We have eaten there twice this year, and was recognised from last September after only eating there once before.
All the tavernas are great though.  Spoilt for choice for tonight!
Yammas,
Lynn & Colin

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2008, 04:12:52 PM »
martin and i are catching up with you in the marriage stakes blondegirl and phil we were married 32 years ago this may, but have been together for 36. i know what you mean about having a best friend (except when he goes off on a stag weekend and spent all the euros we had!!!)
ger x

Offline kcarol

« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
Hello Sharon.

We have been going for 11 years and will be back again this year in late June early July  and again in September. like you we cant wait!

It is just so good to relax relax relax....

Enjoy yourself!

Karen and Dave

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2008, 12:06:40 AM »
Hi, everyone. As expected  each of you has your own favourite eating place. This is going to sound `naff` but the Marvel does a mean roast dinner. Anyway, it looks like the second week of Sep for our visit. Maybe I`ll get in touch with Theo at Arillas cars before we get there; see if he can do us a good deal!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2008, 01:10:24 AM »
We will look out for you we go 11th Sept for two weeks.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2008, 05:36:42 PM »
Have a good one SharonF.

Enjoy the match on Wednesday  and don't forget to lookout for "you know whose" speedo's.

BTW I think you will have to be the guest reporter for "Arillas Today" in Eggy's absence.

Booking.com