Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 896798 times)

Offline jeffers

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #2700 on: March 01, 2016, 10:16:47 AM »
We have booked to stay at Tria Adelphia for a week September 16th cant wait to get back to Arillas . Never stayed at these apartments before any thoughts please .
Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

Offline wissettlewis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2701 on: March 01, 2016, 12:32:58 PM »
16th July for me for two weeks! Cant bloody wait, it still seems so far away :(

I might try and sneak a week in September, what is the weather like then and do the prices drop?

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2702 on: March 01, 2016, 01:07:59 PM »
We have been in September Lewis! Its a lovely time to go weather still lovely usually.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2703 on: March 01, 2016, 08:48:36 PM »
We went in 2013 for the last week in September. Things like loungers on beach a  bit cheaper but everything else the same price.  We had brilliant weather but it is always more of a gamble in September.  Just cooler in the evenings and it gets dark about 7.30.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2704 on: March 01, 2016, 09:30:13 PM »
We had two days of amazing storms last September, so we had exciting atmospherics, plus lots of dry hot weather. It was hotter than in September than June.

This year we are going 24th July to 7th August with Dave, Julie, Aaron, Dean, Sian, Izzy and Maddy. Then we go 11th to 24th September with Dot and Colin.

ομορφο μερος   (omorfo meros) - Beautiful Place.  An American lady, in Kefalonia, taught me that phrase and it's one that I always remember. So - Αρίλλας όμορφο μέρος

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2705 on: March 01, 2016, 11:35:28 PM »
We will be there 16 th to 30th September, so we'll see you then terry!
Geraldine x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2706 on: March 02, 2016, 12:16:22 AM »
We have booked to stay at Tria Adelphia for a week September 16th cant wait to get back to Arillas . Never stayed at these apartments before any thoughts please .

Have stayed at the Tria a number of times Philip and Helen are excellent hosts and will do all they can to make you welcome. Clean and tidy with good food and hospitality, Quiet but always someone around. The Tria is a popular place to stay and you will have a nice stay there, close to the bakery and supermarket although a good 10-15 minute walk down to the beach. Philip now has his own Cars for hire if you need to hire a Car it may be worth emailing him.

You wont be disappointed

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2707 on: March 02, 2016, 01:25:19 AM »
September is lovely, Lewis, even though there may be surprises, like spectacular thunder storms! Some of the hotels, apartments etc. offer low season rates, you would have to check them individually.
Emeralddragons

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2708 on: March 02, 2016, 09:40:23 PM »

Have stayed at the Tria a number of times Philip and Helen are excellent hosts and will do all they can to make you welcome. Clean and tidy with good food and hospitality, Quiet but always someone around. The Tria is a popular place to stay and you will have a nice stay there, close to the bakery and supermarket although a good 10-15 minute walk down to the beach. Philip now has his own Cars for hire if you need to hire a Car it may be worth emailing him.

You wont be disappointed

As The Ref says its a fantastic place to stay. We have only ever stayed there in Arillas but we missed out this August as they are sold out.....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2709 on: March 02, 2016, 11:03:32 PM »
March is almost upon us and the Clocks will be moving
April will have come and gone
MAY yes MAY will have arrived before we know it
I can almost smell that Corfu aroma.... you know the one, the sweet smell of Home

John, I rename you our Arillas Poet Laureate - such sweet words.

Lewis, I've not, as yet, been lucky enough to go to Arillas in September (I'm bound by academic dates) but, I do know that agent package prices do drop the further into September that you travel. As for the cost for food and drink I wouldn't have thought they'll be any different from high season. For a good package deal try Thomas Cook, as late as you dare. for a good deal to the Akti, the Rainbow, or the Tria.     

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2710 on: March 03, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
I agree with Cypress about late season deals with Thomas Cook.We always go early June and Very end of August and T.Cs prices have always beaten the cost of going independently hands down.Prices in tavernas stay the same all season.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2711 on: March 03, 2016, 12:04:12 PM »
We will be there 16 th to 30th September, so we'll see you then terry!
Geraldine x

It will be good to see Martin and yourself again Ger x

I loved that night last year, with all the different accents around the table. Great fun.

Offline jeffers

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2712 on: March 04, 2016, 08:20:01 AM »
Thank you John for your reply about the triia.  hopefully we will have a great time .
     Jeffers
Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

Offline rob49uk

« Reply #2713 on: March 13, 2016, 10:12:48 AM »
Arriving 14 May for a week. This will be our 4th visit and can't wait to be back in Arillas. Our third time at the Horizon. Great hotel.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #2714 on: March 31, 2016, 01:28:52 PM »
Julia and I are at the Kaloudis Holiday Village for a couple of weeks beginning on 5th September.  Have put details on the calendar - hope everyone is using the calendar which if you don't know is found at the top of this page.

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Booking.com