Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 896837 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #2685 on: February 13, 2016, 06:22:04 PM »
Must be catching Ger. Don't know why my last post says please on the end. Steve & Carole will thnk I am a bit needy. Lol.

Offline Diane and Terry

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #2686 on: February 13, 2016, 06:48:03 PM »
We are at Annas from June 23rd to July 14th and again Sept 21st to Oct 5th.  Hope to see forum members to say hello.  Happy holiday everyone.

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2687 on: February 14, 2016, 01:51:59 PM »
Look forward to seeing you Sonia & Jonathan. PLEASE !!

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2688 on: February 15, 2016, 01:11:07 PM »
I'm looking forward to Bardis and Arillas hospitality in August. Can't wait.

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #2689 on: February 27, 2016, 12:39:02 AM »
Hi everybody :-)
I'm returning to Arillas in September for 2 weeks - alone!! I fell in love with Arillas years ago when I went twice with my (ex) boyfriend and his family. I've wanted to go back ever since! But as all of my friends are settled down now, there are few people available to join me in Arillas! So after my first time travelling alone to the Caribbean last June to visit my cousins, I decided that travelling alone isn't so bad! I bit the bullet and booked 2 weeks in Arillas 1st Sept - 15th Sept staying that the Akti Arilla Hotel :-) I cannot stop thinking about it!! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. No doubt I will see a few of you then! If you see the blonde girl sat on her own.. I don't bite! I know everybody is really friendly and welcoming in Arillas anyway. Do many people tend to holiday alone there? Thanks in advance for any replies :-)
Melissa
TOO excited for my long awaited return to Arillas - Sept 2016!! :-D

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2690 on: February 27, 2016, 01:01:47 PM »
Hi Melissa.

You could not find a safer place to holiday solo than Arillas.Sue & I will be in Arillas from 29th August for 2 weeks staying at the  Rainbow and my granddaughter and her partner will be staying at the Akti from 6th September for two weeks.I am sure we will bump into you during our stays.      Roll on September (although we are at the Rainbow for two weeks in June so we do not have too long to wait).     Ron and Sue.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #2691 on: February 27, 2016, 02:35:20 PM »
Hi. We`re around from 12 September, for a week.  You never know, might just see you and say hello.
    Staying at Kaloudis.  We don`t bite, neither  ;-) 

Paul & Heather
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #2692 on: February 27, 2016, 02:38:42 PM »
Thank you for your lovely replies :-) I will look forward to seeing your familiar faces. I can't wait :-)
Melissa

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2693 on: February 28, 2016, 11:08:01 AM »
Hi Melissa

I go solo too to Arillas. This year two friends are coming with me for the first two weeks, then for my last two weeks I'm on my lonesome! I'm looking forward as much to the two weeks on my own as I am being with friends. Not everyone, I think, can understand this, In the past I didn't understand it. I'd look at single travellers and would've felt mortified to have even flown on my own, never mind walk into a restaurant to eat lunch! In some respects this still applies, there's only one place I can wander about and appreciate the absolute freedom of doing what the hell I want, when I want, and this is in Arillas.

Spiros at the Akti will keep a watchful eye out for you, if you need it. He does for me and I don't even stay there :-) Everyone will keep an eye out for you. That's why it's so special there - the people are truly lovely.

If you've any further queries about being there on your own, then ask away. There are a lot more of us that took the (seemingly scary, at the time) decision to spend time in paradise on our own.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2694 on: February 28, 2016, 02:16:53 PM »
March is almost upon us and the Clocks will be moving
April will have come and gone
MAY yes MAY will have arrived before we know it
I can almost smell that Corfu aroma.... you know the one, the sweet smell of Home

May 9th - 23rd   and    July14th -28th

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #2695 on: February 28, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »
Hi Melissa

I go solo too to Arillas. This year two friends are coming with me for the first two weeks, then for my last two weeks I'm on my lonesome! I'm looking forward as much to the two weeks on my own as I am being with friends. Not everyone, I think, can understand this, In the past I didn't understand it. I'd look at single travellers and would've felt mortified to have even flown on my own, never mind walk into a restaurant to eat lunch! In some respects this still applies, there's only one place I can wander about and appreciate the absolute freedom of doing what the hell I want, when I want, and this is in Arillas.

Spiros at the Akti will keep a watchful eye out for you, if you need it. He does for me and I don't even stay there :-) Everyone will keep an eye out for you. That's why it's so special there - the people are truly lovely.

If you've any further queries about being there on your own, then ask away. There are a lot more of us that took the (seemingly scary, at the time) decision to spend time in paradise on our own.

Thank you Cypress, Im definitely feeling a lot better about making the trip alone now, knowing I'm not the only one! I agree, otherpeople don't seem to understand why I would want to go away on my own.. but I can't imagine anything more relaxing that doing what I was, when I want, in paradise. :-)
Melissa

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2696 on: February 28, 2016, 08:14:28 PM »
Nobody is alone in Arillas unless that is what they want, in which case the local folk will respect it. It is a little haven quite unlike your standard holiday resort. Young, old - there is something for all. The currency is not the euro, it is the smile. And the kalimera, or kalispera.

Karen (cypress) is definitely not the only solo who finds peace and joy in our shared paradise. But Arillas makes Concertos and Sonatas, Symphonies and Cantatas - solos rarely last longer than the first hour. But Arillas will last a lifetime....

Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #2697 on: February 28, 2016, 11:06:39 PM »
Don`t know why I said Kaloudis, for our September visit.   Should have said - Arillas Studios.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2698 on: February 29, 2016, 12:01:59 AM »

Well not Arillas. Bill and I arrived in Tenerife this afternoon, just for a little sunshine, it will build us up for our real holidays this year. The thing is though.....everybody seems to be(dare I say it) older than us

Well as old as Bill anyway....Lol I never look in a mirror...but think it's going to be ok, at the bar Bill asked for two whisky in tall glasses as we drink it with lemonade, he got two full tall glasses of whisky we have been back to the soft drinks machine three times and still it's too strong, but going down nicely.  His excuse is.....he's got a sore knee!!!!

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2699 on: February 29, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »
Enjoy Tenerife Van and Bill !  We are there 3 weeks on Thursday.
Oh and by the way Melissa despite Phil's comments I would still take some Euros ...........     lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com