Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 896906 times)

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #2580 on: June 09, 2015, 10:34:59 PM »
Oh dear, I have to admit my crime. I am a friend of the post deleter....

Is there a word "deleter" ???????

The forum and the beach is getting better by the day. Now, when we are asking when everybody is going we talk about Shirley Valentine. I rather adore the sense that we are all mad. What is clear though is that we aren't. We quietly love being in Arillas, and are the most sane people on this earth.....

Phil

Ah Phil, I have never known anyone so passionate about a place as you, it's warming…It is now two years since we shared a Mythos as guests of the Bardis family, I miss the place immensely.  Next year we are planning a trip around Italy with the intention of a  ferry to Corfu, and two weeks in Arillas, working hard to make it a reality. Have fun when you go next.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2581 on: June 10, 2015, 01:04:31 AM »
Thank you Nick. Lovely memories - totally enjoyed your company in July 2013. Hope all is well with you, Marie, Alex and Dad.

Yes I am passionate, along with many others. The place brings it out in all of us who keep coming back. Now it looks like you're heading down the slippery slope! The Palin-esque suggests trains across Europe or are you driving? Many on here can help with routes and ferries etc. I quite fancy the trains when I get enough time to be able to waste some of it not being in Arillas. 4 weeks a year does not qualify for that!

We are back on 10th July for our 3 week rest-cure at Bardis Sun. Having fun is inevitable!!

Very warm and best wishes
Phil

Offline NickBoardman

« Reply #2582 on: June 10, 2015, 10:59:03 AM »
Thank you Nick. Lovely memories - totally enjoyed your company in July 2013. Hope all is well with you, Marie, Alex and Dad.

Yes I am passionate, along with many others. The place brings it out in all of us who keep coming back. Now it looks like you're heading down the slippery slope! The Palin-esque suggests trains across Europe or are you driving? Many on here can help with routes and ferries etc. I quite fancy the trains when I get enough time to be able to waste some of it not being in Arillas. 4 weeks a year does not qualify for that!

We are back on 10th July for our 3 week rest-cure at Bardis Sun. Having fun is inevitable!!

Very warm and best wishes
Phil

Hi Phil, yes our trip is going to include trains, night sleeper to Venice from Paris, then local trains between yet to be chosen cities. It will be a fair bit of travelling but all part of the fun. It is hopefully going to be a 6 week tour with 2 weeks in the middle in Arillas, I like the idea of the ferry across the Adriatic down to Corfu!

Marie has gone off flying a bit so we have spent the past 2 years saving amidst redundancies! But alls well now.

Yammas!
Nick

Offline NickBoardman

« Reply #2583 on: June 19, 2015, 01:18:59 PM »
Hi Phil, I thought I'd answered this sorry! Must have pressed the wrong button!  We are travelling by Train to Venice, Rimini and the ferry from Ancona to Corfu. Hoping o stay at Bardis Sun again if they'll have us! After the ten days there we shall be heading back by ferry to Brindisi, then to Milan via Naples ,Rome, Florence and Pisa.  It's three years in the making and can't come quick enough.

Enjoy your holiday.

Yammas.

Offline GILLYWILLY

« Reply #2584 on: June 22, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »
Well I've just come home after having a fabulous time in Arillas.  Just went for a week on my own.  It seemed a little bit odd to begin with (especially eating dinner alone!) but I soon got into my stride and to be honest I spent most of the time on the beach.  I did walk up to the little church and had lunch at the Akritiri.  I love the view of the bay from the top.

I stayed with Dimitris at the Brouklis.  Lovely apartment over the restaurant, which I would highly recommend to anyone.  As we all know, Dimitris is a complete star and looked after me very well.

I was hoping to catch up with Negg to buy him a beer but sadly did not manage to track him down.  It wasn't till towards the end of my week that I thought I could have used the internet locally and put a comment on the forum (DOH!).  Unfortunately by this point my brain had turned to mush (not through alcohol, you understand!) but just from being totally relaxed, well and happy. 

Anyway I know that I will be back again - hopefully next year.

Hope everyone that is still waiting to go on holiday will have a great time. 

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2585 on: June 22, 2015, 05:51:05 PM »
Sorry to miss you GillyW. - A tad busy recently.

The beer can wait. The beer is here all year.  Meeting new people is more important and there is only a short space in time for that.

Be Well

Negg

Offline Barry

« Reply #2586 on: June 22, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »
Christine and I are sat in our conservatory listening to the rain hammering against the windows.  Just two more sleeps then we'll be on our way back to the Marvel Hotel for two weeks. Can't wait.

Baz and Chris

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #2587 on: June 22, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »
That wonderful feeling of checking in online for SleazyJet flights this morning :) Flying out at silly o'clock on Friday 10th for 12 days! First holiday for 20 years without the kids & coincides with our 20th wedding anniversary :)
Can't wait to get back to Corfu beer, sunshine & great meals :)
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2588 on: June 22, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
Barry i hope you have a great time.
We wont see you this year but we cant wait to go 21st August

Vanessa and Tim

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2589 on: June 22, 2015, 09:57:22 PM »
Well......with 9degrees this morning rising to a heady 13degrees late afternoon here in the northwest I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to that other place in the northwest named Arillas for a good dose of sun sea and sand on the 24th of July.

It's now almost 8pm and another day nearer. It's cloudy but we did get a little bit of sunshine hitting the back fence about an hour ago.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2590 on: June 24, 2015, 07:59:45 PM »
Well, we're still 11 days from the 2015 visit home and we've booked for 2016 :D :D :D 
Mad or organised???!  Will be a 2 trip year too - once for us in early July and again later in the season with Andrew's youngest daughter.  Two more Arillas addicts join the club :)

Offline westhampete

« Reply #2591 on: June 24, 2015, 09:52:59 PM »
Arriving on Sunday 06:00. Just in time for breakfast. Staying at a new venue. Can't wait.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2592 on: June 24, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »
Loving the posts. Have so many questions but trying not to use it like Facebook. What I really want to respond to is Gillywilly's post, which reinforces two of my strong views (I have many more than two....)
1. Brouklis rooms are a wonderful place to stay. To quote: "Lovely apartment over the restaurant, which I would highly recommend to anyone.  As we all know, Dimitris is a complete star and looked after me very well." It is upstairs, a serious problem for us, or Jen and I would always stay there.
2. Arillas is single friendly. To quote: "Just went for a week on my own.  It seemed a little bit odd to begin with (especially eating dinner alone!) but I soon got into my stride and to be honest I spent most of the time on the beach." I am great friends with many singles who echo this view.

If you don't believe me, believe our new expert. Thank you Gillywilly.
Phil

Offline Barry

« Reply #2593 on: June 25, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »
Thank you Vanessa, hope you have a good holiday too. Arrived safe and sound yesterday. Kostas picked us up at the airport and greeted us like long lost relatives. It felt more like we were coming home rather than going on holiday. Just got back from the beach, bit breezy but very relaxing. Going to chill round the pool with a beer and decide where to eat tonight. Decisions, decisions..

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2594 on: June 25, 2015, 05:18:47 PM »
Decisions , Barry?? - Toss a coin to decide who makes the decision then toss a coin for the winner to decide what decision to make.
 Spend a long while coin tossing and beer drinking and pool chilling then, GO FOR IT ( Or decide not to , by tossing a coin )

I like Costas - He is one of the many good guys here.

Enjoy your precious time here.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com