Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101671 times)

lin n jim and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5145 on: July 19, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »

Hi all, Valnbills Arillas Today is totally chilled, spending it once again by the pool at Makris, why get hot and sticky walking down to the beach when we have what seems like our own private pool here.
There is a lovely light breeze today but in the sun it's still hot hot hot!!

Looking forward to putting names to faces tonight at the darts knockout (just watching though)

Ate last night at Vinceremo (Seabreeze) It really was very good.
But so many places so much choice.
Thats Arillas Today

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5146 on: July 20, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »

Well it was Arillas last night really....... great time at Armourada chatting and putting some names to some faces at last.
Finally met Phil and Jen and what a wonderful meeting is was, they are the most friendly couple you could ever want to meet anywhere.
Just felt like I had known them all my life.
Thank you to all the other folk we met for the first time as well.

Arillas today found us in San Steph. Long day on a different beach, back to Makris for a swim, chat at the bar and now looking forward to dinner at Efi's later...... then maybe the Nut to finish off.

Valx 8)

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5147 on: July 20, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »
Val n Bill

San Steph is a nice place to be and it's all part of this little place I call North Corfu. I was in Sidari this afternoon, still North Corfu and a change is a good as a rest (So i'm told) What's always good is that your base is always in Arillas.

A big thanks for your valued company last night and hopeing my continous rabbiting didn't make you decide to book an early flight home.

32deg at 7pm here this evening and I think I have kost another 2 kilos today.
(I'll need to buy smaller trousers soon!)
Have a super time at Eftihia and hello from me and Wegg.
Cheers Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5148 on: July 20, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »
Arillas Today is sweltering hot. But I am assured that a North wind is expected soon and will cool us all down. What I don't understand is how I can be so chilled, yet sweltering hot at the same time!!!

Mad dogs and justphil go out in the midday sun, and I did. I walked from Bardis to the far north end of the beach where I let the sea work all of its cures and all of its magic on all of me. The sea temperature was even high enough for me, with not even a whimper as I waded in. Bliss!!!

The stretch in the middle from Graziella to the jetty is a bit narrower than I remember, but there is plenty for eveyone. Many, many people are taking advantage as you will no doubt see on the w e b c a m. The sea today is making the wade to the north end a bit challenging, but if I can make it, I guess most can. The naturist beach was very well occupied by many brown, pink, green (mud) and a few white bodies like mine. I have been here 10 days and that was my first proper session on the beach.

Arillas Today is waiting for all of you to arrive.

Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5149 on: July 20, 2011, 07:37:36 PM »
Arillas Today is sweltering hot. But I am assured that a North wind is expected soon .

Phil

WOTTDERYAMEAN PHIL.
I was told a North Wind is here now!
Or is Glastonbury in the west?-Gave up Geography when I was 15.
Negg
ps- Hope you n Jen had a super last night.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5150 on: July 20, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »
My GOD days...Please rush by!!...

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5151 on: July 20, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »
Jo
Still trying to get a pic of your "Favourite Spot"

But,,,, Memory like it is, Are we talking the one on my left knee or right knee?

Can tell 'e though , you won't be dissapointed!

Negg

Offline Jaz

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #5152 on: July 20, 2011, 09:37:09 PM »
In your case it is usually the best of 3 legs isnt it Eggy?

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5153 on: July 20, 2011, 11:18:12 PM »
Generally the best of 3 "Eggs" Jaz.
And if I play badly the Yolks on me.

Sitting on 26 deg here at 11 pm ish and wondering why there is such a drop of degrees in the UK. - Exchange a twinge better at e1.12

All ready here now to sit and watch Paul Nicholson beat Barney in the darts.
(Got 33/1 on PN to get to the final) - WOTDOIKNOW?
May go to bed a sad man!

Arillas Today can take many forms - DONCHYERKNOW?
Today I may win a few Ouzos, but tomorrow I may just have to work a twinge longer to account for the money I lose tonight.

Anyway , 3 cats outside , on the balcony,all fed up with trying to catch the giant rat that ran along the railing. They have to be fed in between the darts.
(If Nicholson doesn't win I might make 'em wait till the morning)
Negg

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5154 on: July 21, 2011, 12:29:51 AM »

I must say, Eggy - as well as darts I reckon you're pretty good at table tennis....
 Lol x x

Janis x

Offline Jaz

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #5155 on: July 21, 2011, 01:13:46 AM »
_I think it all depends if you have been frying sunny side up on the beach up all day in which case your head would be scrambled and you would have to poach 'Eggs Benedict' to play for you until you were all white which is eggsacly where you would of been if you had not been frying all day! So my advice would be is to whisk yourself off  home and curdle up instead of getting battered!
Kind Regards__Jaz___________________________________________________________

Sitting on 26 deg here at 11 pm ish and wondering why there is such a drop of degrees in the UK. - Exchange a twinge better at e1.12

All ready here now to sit and watch Paul Nicholson beat Barney in the darts.
(Got 33/1 on PN to get to the final) - WOTDOIKNOW?
May go to bed a sad man!

Arillas Today can take many forms - DONCHYERKNOW?
Today I may win a few Ouzos, but tomorrow I may just have to work a twinge longer to account for the money I lose tonight.

Anyway , 3 cats outside , on the balcony,all fed up with trying to catch the giant rat that ran along the railing. They have to be fed in between the darts.
(If Nicholson doesn't win I might make 'em wait till the morning)
Negg

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5156 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:35 AM »
Sounds like Phil and Jen and Vainbill are enjoying a wonderful time, our Nan is out there also bet she has met up with you all to share the fun or add to it, lovely lovely lady. Vainbill, how do you find San Steph...I adore Arillas as we all do and love Ag George beach but must admit San Steph does not do it for me. When we were there first week in June beach was grubby and infested with beetles...hubby kept saying stop fidgeting when they crawled on me...then one bugger nipped me!! Next day I spent in bed...well to tell the truth mostly out of it on the loo...and I never do ill...probably nothing to do with the beach but have never been ill in Arillas in 9yrs prior to that.Ha! x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5157 on: July 21, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »

Hi Georgia, first time that we have spent a whole day in San Steph.
It was ok for a change, we parked on the beach and just found a nice spot, but why oh why does a large family always lay large beach mats just in front of your sunbeds when the whole beach is nearly empty!!
Had to walk round them each time we went in the sea, well I suppose we all have to enjoy ourselves!!!!
The beach was quite clean though and no strange insects. We were in Arillas 1st week in June  as well, and never left the village once, so thought that this time we would have a look

Val x

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5158 on: July 21, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
....was the first day since 10 May that I did not wake up in Arillas.

Had a fantastic time and met many many friends, old and new, locals and visitors, forum members and non forum members, regulars and first timers. Too many forum members to mention, in case I forget someone but to all I met it was great chatting to you.

Once again the Arillas hospitality shone through, though the down side is that it is difficult to get home at night, the latest being 5:00am!! I think if I had stayed any longer I would on my way home have probably met myself on the way to the beach in the morning.

The only worrying aspect was the lack of visitors, or more specifically the lack of visitors spending their cash in Arillas. Lets hope for a great run in to the end of the season for the lovely people of Arillas.

So this morning rather than trundling off to the beach it was down to Tescos for the weekly shop, in the rather chilly damp air.

Happy hols to those now in Arillas and to those who are looking forward to their visit.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5159 on: July 21, 2011, 04:00:53 PM »
Blimey Dai, those last two weeks have flown by since you said you had a fortnight left. You must be getting quite a shock with the weather back in the UK after all of those lovely days in Arillas. It was great to chat with you again and hope your Rugby training, for the new season, goes well :-). I mean lifting the glass up. See you next year and don't forget Thursday nights at the Horizon.

Terry

Booking.com