Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101658 times)

lin n jim and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4560 on: October 26, 2010, 03:11:07 PM »
There is plenty of Mythos left but I'm working on it....

Life must be good Phil ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4561 on: October 26, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »
Phil and Jen spent a totally peaceful day, in blazing sunshine at Kaloudis. Their last guests leave on Friday, when everything will be closed for the season. As I type the sun is beating in through our open patio door, and the ginger kitten (who seems to have adopted me) has fallen asleep by Jen's feet. It is truly a calm and peaceful Arillas, except for the sea which is loudly shouting for satisfaction. Sat for ages just watching and listening to that glorious sound. Yes Sandy dear, on the now notorious bench.....

Today is our Dimitri's name day, and family and friends are gathered to celebrate. Phil and Jen would be most welcome, but the last thing they need is a pair of sozzled ageing hippies gatecrashing their party. We are slowly savouring a vodka frappe and even more the amazing atmosphere of Arillas Today.

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4562 on: October 26, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »
Sounds great Phil....glad you are keeping that bench warm xx
Sandy x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4563 on: October 26, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »
... peaceful Arillas, except for the sea which is loudly shouting for satisfaction.
Phil

What a great line, Phil, are you going to use that in your next poem?   :)

So glad you and Jen are enjoying...

lynn  xx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4564 on: October 26, 2010, 11:21:31 PM »
Oh, Phil and Jen - we so wish we were there to share the peace and beauty with you
Janis and Barry xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4565 on: October 27, 2010, 12:19:26 AM »
Keep soaking it in Phil & Jen
Just knew you would have the best time
We would love to be there with you but it was not to be

loe to both xxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4566 on: October 27, 2010, 09:43:44 AM »
It is 0930 and Arillas is peaceful again, if a bit damp, after a huge storm. I threatened to sit out in it, but sleep came back and carried me away. I am sat by the open patio door, just staring out and feeling totally well and content. This place is very good for my health.

Yesterday was probably the highlight of our week. We did absolutely nothing in warm sunshine and ended with another super meal in Thalassa and just a few in the Nut. Oh, all right, quite a lot.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. As you all know, we are loving our week here. Arillas Today can do what it likes. Its hippies will too.

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4567 on: October 27, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »
Sounds good to me Phil. Pouring with rain here....you know where I would rather be. Have fun xx
Sandy x

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4568 on: October 27, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »
Horrible weather here too Phil, you are in the best place !  Checking Easy Jet frantically for the Gatwick flights to be released for next year.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4569 on: October 27, 2010, 01:04:25 PM »
It's sunny but cold here in Huddersfield, but I'd rather be in Arillas whether damp or not!
Janis x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4570 on: October 27, 2010, 04:20:35 PM »
It is now sunny in London town, but I so wish I could hang out in Arillas with Phil and Jen *deep sigh*
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4571 on: October 27, 2010, 04:40:15 PM »
I've checked Easyjet Gatwick about a dozen times already today....maybe it will be tomorrow. All the others were released on a Thursday....I think!
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4572 on: October 27, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »
Just spent a very lazy afternoon at Graziella. (The "morning" was devoted to Thalassa. Thanks Spiros, Nikos, Noufris and George, amongst others we don't yet know. It was yet another unexpected pleasure for us.) And we finally met Sara and Gary as we made our way to destination No 2 for today. No3 will be Night Owl where we will see them both again.

The sea, the sight of Gravia, the beers and the company. Oh wow. The welcome was perfect, and even the weather surprised everyone. A baby tornado out to the South of the village which appeared then disappeared just as quickly. But mostly it was warm sunshine. A certain humpty dumpty Egg faced character arrived to stir up the atmosphere. (Where did we find him???) As usual our Eggy was his delightful self and as he left he was chatting up every one of the many ladies in the place. In truth he recognised them as forum members, as they seemed to recognise me. I just ran and hid under the table....

Arillas Today? Well make your own minds up. For Phil and Jen it was perfect.

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #4573 on: October 27, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »
It was good to meet you Phil & Jen. Looking forward to tonight.
It was indeed another lovely day. A bonus because the forecast was heavy rain. We too saw water spouts out at sea. I've never seen them before - a wonderful sight.
Enjoyed watching the lightening last night & the thunder later even made me hide under the duvet, it was so loud!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4574 on: October 27, 2010, 06:26:08 PM »
We have spent five minutes with Sara and Gary, ten with many others and days with many others as well. We've spent even more with their pets like the ginger kitten who is busy consuming the milk that was intended for our voddie frappes.

The massive black clouds are assembling to ruin our beach, the lightning was visible from our balcony at Brouklis, and I can hear thunder as I type. If tonight is justphil and justjen, we will be fine.

Come on Nan, giveus a bit of moral support....

Phil

Booking.com