Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101399 times)

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4230 on: July 26, 2010, 12:32:35 PM »
Bon voyage Phil and Jen !!
Hope you will have a safe flight back without being too much in tears all the way.
You've had a wonderful holiday once again and thank you for all of your reports.
Don't worry, you both know you will be back in Arillas and everyone loves you there!!

Best wishes and lots of love

Connie xxx

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4231 on: July 26, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »
Ahh Phil and Jen, we all know exactly what you are going through!  Just enjoy your last day as only you two can, you'll be back soon and it will all be waiting for you.

Thank you for taking so much time to post and keep us up-to-date with what you were doing.

Safe journey xx
Cheryl O

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4232 on: July 26, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
We will be leaving at 8.30pm. 6.30 to most of yous. Arillas has been its usual wonderful self to us and I do not retract one word (well of those that I can remember) of what I have said throughout.

Spent the afternoon with Eggy (surprise surprise) and our  remaining Arillas time is now lots of food at Stekis, a taxi, the bl**dy airport, driving from Bristol airport to Glastonbury... Why on earth do we keep coming here? Answers to be addressed to "THE BOSS, Rue de 7 Brouklis...."

Only Stekis has any appeal to us at all. The rest you can keep, burn or do whatever you want to. We may be packed to leave, but neither of us want to.

Phil

Arillas Today

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4233 on: July 26, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
BTW vodka frappe is a closely guarded secret. But Hannah in the Coconut Bar will know exactly what you mean if you ask for a philandjen. Be careful though you could end up with Black Russian which will also blow your mind. All it is - a large vodka with iced coffee. Very digestable but also very intoxicating. We haven't drunk many since we arrived we haven't had time....

Believe that and you really will believe anything.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4234 on: July 26, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »
A very sad " Arillas Today" for Phil n Jen as we lose them this evening.
Jovial Duo they are and tried to put a brave face on their departure this afternoon, at Rainbow, when chuclkes and smiles outside still could not conceal their feelings inside..

( They look like the couple who found 10 frappes a but lost ten Vodkas! )

Weggs and mine and many other Arillas best wishes go out to them for a safe and non delayed trip back to the UK and we all hope to see them back "home" soon.

Temps are settling at a respectable 26/27 deg here now at 6pm. It will be getting a little cooler as the week progresses, so I'm told, by wise Greek gentlemen.

Be well alll - Arillas desperatley needs Phil n Jen "lookalikes" to replace them, otherwise it could be like a Ferrari without the front wheels.

Negg

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4235 on: July 26, 2010, 06:30:09 PM »
Don't you worry Eggy!
Just wait and see what comes rolling in during September!!!
We will all do our best to enjoy ourselves and hopefully yous as well.

Connie x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #4236 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:45 PM »
Thanks for all your posts Phil. I've enjoyed each & everyone.
Try not to be sad, you've had two wonderful weeks & have so many treasured memories. As mentioned before Arillas will be waiting for your return.

Sara..xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4237 on: July 27, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »
Something I very rarely see but thought I would share it with y'all.

Arillas Today - But at 9.a.m .

Many people around having brekkies or morning liquid of some description and a pity I couldn't get back at 10:30 to take more pics for a comparison.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4238 on: July 27, 2010, 01:49:08 PM »
Aah looks lovely and peaceful! It always amazes me how few people are up and about at that time, there again thats exactly what holidays are for! not long until I am in my idea of heaven x

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4239 on: July 27, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
Lovely, lovely photos !!!
Roll on September!!
When will you be going Jo?

Connie x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4240 on: July 27, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »
Thanks for the very tranquil photo's Neil, but it would be nice to see what its like at 7.00am. Any chance of taking some tomorrow please :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4241 on: July 27, 2010, 03:47:42 PM »
Thanks for the very tranquil photo's Neil, but it would be nice to see what its like at 7.00am. Any chance of taking some tomorrow please :-)

Haven't got an alarm clock Terry. Any chance you can ring me at 6a.m, Greek Time, so I can haul myself outa bed and prepare for a 7am start?
( Warning though -Wegg might not like it and could seriously damage your health! )

Cheers
Negg

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #4242 on: July 27, 2010, 04:23:21 PM »
Great photos Negg - thank you.
Thanks for the very tranquil photo's Neil, but it would be nice to see what its like at 7.00am. Any chance of taking some tomorrow please smiley

I keep meaning to get up early one morning & walking up to Afionas to take some sunrise photos, but I just can't drag myself out of bed THAT early. How about it Negg? :)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4243 on: July 27, 2010, 04:57:20 PM »
Wonderful piccies Neil. More of the same please.

Can't think somehow that Terry will be up at 4am to get you out of bed
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4244 on: July 27, 2010, 05:37:52 PM »
I feel a challenge coming on for September, a very early photograph of the beach.

But don't bet on it!!!!!!

Booking.com