Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102060 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4215 on: July 25, 2010, 05:09:54 PM »
This will be my last report from Arillas Until we are fortunate enough to be back home, hopefully in October.

Today Eggy rescued us from the ATM issue by driving us to Sidari. It was quieter there than I have ever seen it in July. I didn't even have my usual panic attack with the number of people there (We are used to much smaller communities than that and I sometimes struggle with crowds.) Nothing wrong with Sidari itself, but as you all know we both prefer our laid-back Arillas.

We owe Eggy more aniseed balls - he saved us from watching our last full day here ruined by running out of cash. If in doubt bring more - you can always put it back when you leave. He also rushed around today helping at least two others as well, with various things like land and cots.

The weather is still hot but breezy. It is absolutely perfect. We gather it will get cooler next week, but don't rely on it, just wait and see.

The boys at the Rainbow were in top form as usual. I had to joke, the bar was full when we arrived but within 5 minutes everyone else had left... Must change my deodorant! Actually it was a young crowd who were off on quads for an adventure. GOODONYER LUVVERS!!!

A lovely family scene met us this "morning" when we climbed down the stairs to have a glass of breakfast. Dimitris, Litsa and Spiros with another gorgeous family, and the kids were really enjoying their playtime. For us two that was Arillas Today.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4216 on: July 25, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »
phil
sounds like youve really enjoyed yourselves,,kay and i are so glad,safe journey home ,and lie ourselves will have to wait for our return in october ........yammas

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4217 on: July 25, 2010, 07:14:35 PM »
Phil, don't be too sad, methinks you will find a way to return in October.  We have all loved your reports.  Absolutely fab.  Safe journey to you both xx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #4218 on: July 25, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »
Two weeks goes so fast when your in Arillas. I think we all feel that, Have really enjoyed your reports and hopefully we have have more details of each day to come.
Have a good jouney back and dont get those hankies to wet remember you have to come back here to be able to return. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4219 on: July 25, 2010, 08:20:56 PM »
Enjoyed the reports philandjen. I can`t believe the time has gone over so fast, but I`m sure you packed loads into your holiday. Have a great time this evening, and safe journey. xx
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4220 on: July 25, 2010, 09:41:59 PM »
Finally met Pat and Annette today in the Nut. A lot of laughter and peops trying to get a word in edgeways was in evidence.....

Thank you all for supporting us in our time of hardship and adversity. Being here has been the most difficult time of our lives. We will never forget how people have helped us, and even found my legs (special comment to PaulC's Di.) Arillas has been dreadful. Full of dread about the hippies, then open arms, high-fives, kisses and hugs. Arillas has been bloody wonderful, and now we have to go and dream about it for 50 weeks. Kalinichta forum. We were right after all.....

Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4221 on: July 26, 2010, 01:10:43 AM »
You were right indeed, and enjoyed. Name of the game. We have all enjoyed the reports, and wish you well for the next 50 weeks. xx p.s. you luvvers were right. xx
Lindypops.

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #4222 on: July 26, 2010, 01:49:28 AM »
Fingers crossed that you will make it in October  XX

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4223 on: July 26, 2010, 03:56:10 AM »
For the first time I cried in public tonight. Men aren't supposed to do that are they?  I knew it would happen, when I said farewell to Hannah and sure enough, I couldn't help myself. She loves Kostas as much as I love Jenny, and she has been so amazingly wonderful to us.

There is so much I could tell you all, but Arillas tonight sees us two getting ready for 10 hours of hell travelling back to blighty. Arillas today is over for philandjen. We are a tiny part of it and in spite of our reputation we really do understand we are such a tiny part of it. But we will continue to try and promote it at any cost.

Arillas tonight sees justphil in tears, wishing I didn't have to post any of this. I so wish we could stay on for good already.

Phil 

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4224 on: July 26, 2010, 08:09:27 AM »
Kalo taxidi home Phil & Jen! All good things etc.... *deep sigh*

Thank you for the reports and I'll see you back here in the forum
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4225 on: July 26, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
Nothing wrong with a few tears Phil.....and the Coconut has seen it before. The first time I met Riggers, I was blubbing all over Eggy in the Coconut because I was going home that night. I know just how you feel. Safe journey.....xx
Sandy x

Offline dorothy

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4226 on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »
Safe journey home - enjoyed meeting both of you.  Glad you both had a wonderful 2 weeks - maybe meet again next year. xx
Dorothy

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #4227 on: July 26, 2010, 10:13:38 AM »
For the first time I cried in public tonight. Men aren't supposed to do that are they?  I knew it would happen, when I said farewell to Hannah and sure enough, I couldn't help myself. She loves Kostas as much as I love Jenny, and she has been so amazingly wonderful to us.

There is so much I could tell you all, but Arillas tonight sees us two getting ready for 10 hours of hell travelling back to blighty. Arillas today is over for philandjen. We are a tiny part of it and in spite of our reputation we really do understand we are such a tiny part of it. But we will continue to try and promote it at any cost.

Arillas tonight sees justphil in tears, wishing I didn't have to post any of this. I so wish we could stay on for good already.

Phil 

Dear phil and Jen,!!!
I don;t normally read your posts but today I had to  as I had the impression that something was going wrong...
You have booked a taxi for the 27th at 20:30 to the airport. that;s not today but tomorrow?
Is this right? I;m very worried that we will have to put up with you for  some  more days so you better come down and sorted out with me before it;s too late.....

ps: you liquid bread ( beer) is waiting.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4228 on: July 26, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »
And thank you Dimitris for everything. Sadly we are flying abroad at 11pm tonight, 26th not 27th! If the taxi comes tomorrow we will have already gone. I think you are joking with me again....

The glass of breakfast and brown bread (for the rest of you that is my pint of Mythos and Jen's dark Royal Ionian) will be very welcome when we finish packing. About the usual time I reckon.....

We will miss you a lot more than you will miss us!!!

Phil

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4229 on: July 26, 2010, 11:39:37 AM »
Hey what is a voka frappe, we will be at Kaloudis again on Friday evening just need to know what this drink is so I can try one or two ...:) thanks

Booking.com