Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101721 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4170 on: July 16, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
. Riggers mate, your sunbed was occupied. At first by an interesting blonde lady, but then by a hairy older man.
Phil

Just like the guests I seem to track down Phil - Hairy today and Gonner tomorrow.
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4171 on: July 16, 2010, 10:45:28 PM »
Eggy mate, the whole world groaned at that one. Phil and Jen have quietly hidden away, after a glorious Arillas day, and quite a while being comatose (together....) on the dreaded BENCH. Four nights on the trot we have eaten the best food you can imagine. Tonight it was chicken wrapped in bacon, and flavoured as only Greek chefs can. Kostas on the Beach. We ate most of it, but it beat us. New, larger trousers will be required. We still have a long list of places to eat. Mr Croesote of Monty Python fame, eat yer heart out. I'm running a close second....

Arillas tonight is all done with Phil and Jen. We are busy sipping voddie frappe, wishing you were all here. Well, actually we're glad you aren't. Not a pretty sight, two old lovers wishing we were 17 again. We'll have a good try though. Kalinichta.

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4172 on: July 16, 2010, 11:44:03 PM »
Sounds fantastic!  Wish we were there too.... all those lovely meals and the photos of the beach Neill look fantastic!   36 degrees.... well you cant do anything in that heat can you but sit back and chill.... how lovely to dream from wet and windy Surrey!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4173 on: July 16, 2010, 11:52:19 PM »
Hi folks,
30 - 36 degrees ?!!
Well, I'm pleased with the 27 we're having in Denmark today.
it's far enough for me. I prefer Corfu in September !!!

Connie x

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4174 on: July 17, 2010, 12:05:33 AM »
Wet n windy here too bg. Wish I was there too, and enjoying all that Phil and Eggy reported on. Ah well, Asda shopping tommorow.
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4175 on: July 17, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »
I just lost my report and yes, I am swearing.

Arillas Today is closed. There are bodies everywhere. Most of them wearing little but factor 30 and some are an amazing shade of walnut. Arillas Today is HOT. Jimmy at the Bow measured 38C in the shade. It is bl**dy wonderful.

Eileen and extended family were taking full advantage of the facilities. Water baby Jen captured a few smiles as she wallowed in the pool. I planned to do the North beach again today, but too hot for me.

Jen accused me of being a "motormouth" yesterday, but Eileen and she gave new meaning to the word. Keith and I did our best but struggled to get a word in edgeways.

Arillas Today is the same one we all dream about. It's jusy very HOT right now

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4176 on: July 18, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »
:D sounds good Phil :D :D :D
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4177 on: July 18, 2010, 05:49:01 PM »
Arillas Today basks not in glory but gory. Many people like me have bared much more than anyone else wants to see.

The heatwave continues and many people including our John the Ref and Dot and PhilandJen only got as far as Marina Pool Bar. But what a great place to collapse from heatstroke. Paramedics bearing cold Mythos are constantly mopping up the casualties. Thanks a million Sharon....

Then after three hours chilling in Marina, another three doing the same in Thalassa. But we met Hancock and Mrs Hancock on the way. Likewise being tended by the paramedics at Marina. Lovely people, like everyone here.

All the many people taking advantage of the cold beach shower opposite Thalassa drove me to distraction. I was melting and so envied them. But I was on a mission. I danced the soles off my shoes to Cher the other night, literally. And a short walk to Ina's sees me reshoed today.

Arillas Today is waiting for you all to get here. Even the benches are hot....

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4178 on: July 18, 2010, 06:14:05 PM »
Phil has said it all and I now apply for redundancy from the OGS ( Ole Git Sociiety )

We show 34 deg in the shade at 6pm and it's a killer, unless you wear diddley and smother yourself in factor 95.( Or curl up  indoors away from it all )
Arillas today is a true Sunday. Greeks like a day off as well - DONCHYERKNOW.

No where to park a pogo stick let alone a tired old Punto and pedestrians with much more on their minds than moving for a vehicle.- Until you wake them with a purp.
( Blowing of horn for the un-initiated )

Didn't find our Phil n Jen or John n Dot so that's good news for them.
Holidays are about no appointments and just to chill. - Always avrio.
Safe trip to Our Ref and Lady for the trip home tomorrow.

Brouklis looking good this lunchtime and Dimitris buzzing around with diners but still had time to chat - He's a good 'ole boy and has a long while to become a good 'ole git.

Horizon getting good reviews by many people as is Kostas on Beach.
In fact..... Nothing bad said about any eating or relaxing house. Pretty Damm Good!

Eileen n Keith are about some where so must remember to make an effort on that Villa in the morning before she appears. Maybe I'll spray some polish around!

Pommie and all go home tomorrow and they have been a breath of fresh air. Didn't see much of them but when we did it was great. - Good Arillas lovers are they all!

Anyway , still "rabbiting" on at 6:15 pm and the shaded temp now at 35 deg leads me to beleive that too much beer and ouzo is not a good idea for the fingers.

Be well everybody
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4179 on: July 18, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »
Eggy I have just spent an age trying to get my head round Jen's laptop. Some of me (haven't yet worked out which tiny bit) wishes I were in front of my own. Truthfully none. Computer or Arillas? Answers on a postcard please addressed to Dimitris Kourkoulos, Brouklis Taverna, Arillas.

Sad we have missed you for a few days, far from hoping for it. Eileen's family, John and Dot and us two had the Rainbow reeling yesterday. Shame you weren't there. Or did you get advanced warning and stay away???

We will do the farewells to John and Dot not ten feet downstairs tonight. And the Robbie Williams chappie will be in the Nut. Ina darling, I'll need more shoes tomorrow....

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4180 on: July 19, 2010, 01:14:37 AM »
Sorry folks, me again offloading the glorious time we are having back home here in Arillas. Can't even begin to describe it all.

Arillas tonight was bopping to Robbie impersonator in the Nut. Mind you the "kids" were in Malibu and much enjoyment was in evidence.

The heatwave doesn't seem to have stopped anyone from enjoying it all. justphil has been justhugged by about half a dozen forum members and now has bruised ribs.... only joking! It was great to know how many follow us all. I have more voddie frappe down my T-shirt than my neck. And back to Brouklis at 23.13 according to Jen's laptop.

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4181 on: July 19, 2010, 08:08:42 AM »
Arillas tonight was bopping to Robbie impersonator in the Nut.

Yeeeeii! That is good news that Jason is still around singing Robbie :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4182 on: July 19, 2010, 05:08:20 PM »
STOP PRESS
Wobbie Williams!
Do you know that this guy is actually Scottish and lives not too far away from Eileen and Keith? - Very popular act around these parts.- Try and catch him if you're here.

Arillas Today?
29 deg in our bedroom at 7am this morning and absolutely nothing to do with me!
33 deg in the shade at 5pm this afternoon and "Bettin Swuckets" I am.
I used to be a 12 stone weakling and now I am an 11 stone bigger weakling.
Very hot people and forecasted light rain has not happened.

Said our bye byes to Pommie ( John ) and Linda n all today. Safe and non delayed trip home guys.

Guests from hell now reside at Linakis and I think neighbours will soon complain about loud music and all night parties.
(Behave Eileen and Keith-You may own it but we're responsible for getting the graffitti off the walls )

The beach has many supporters today as does the inland pools and bars. Tonight, I think, many will venture out, around 9 ish, to enjoy a laid back meal in temps of 25deg

Phil n Jen continue to find places I do not and I am now becoming paranoid.
Is this because I stole his false teeth when he was napping in Rainbow? - I ask?
( Does he now only have soup for his main meal? )
Or, does he think that 2 'ole gits together are too much for Arillas to handle?

Ne'er mind - Holidays are for doing what lights yer candle and no one gets offended here if, like ships, we pass in the night.

Babble, babble, babble - time to go.
Cheers All
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4183 on: July 19, 2010, 05:51:45 PM »
Guests from hell now reside at Linakis and I think neighbours will soon complain about loud music and all night parties.

:D that I can believe!
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4184 on: July 19, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »
Erja luvver I was going to post that. But I can back it up as true. We have spent many a minute explaining to people how to pronouce your name. It was usually "two Royal Ionians please." Did I get it right?

Arillas Today is much sadder to have lost John and Dot and Dorothy. And many others. The Arillas hippies continue to wage war on the Mythos supplies. And Amstel. There might be a drop left when you get here but don't rely on it....

We really pushed the boat out today. We had two pints of breakfast with him downstairs, walked as far as Marina Pool Bar and had a few more. that was it, but we totally enjoyed. We are off to Vavillas tonight. Eat yer hearts out folks. We will.

Arillas Today is a bit cooler and breezier, but you wouldn't believe it to look at all the bodies. So many people having a wonderful time, even the few I can still see trough my alcoholic haze....

Listen you lot, I wasn't wrong. Arillas is being all Jen and me could need, yet again. Arillas Today is much more than Eggy, Phil or anybody else. It is all you have been waiting for....

Phil

Booking.com