Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102024 times)

Karen/Colin and 25 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4155 on: July 14, 2010, 03:02:55 AM »
Hi Phil, I think you have it all absolutly right. loads of love Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4156 on: July 14, 2010, 03:07:19 PM »
Terry...

Going back a couple of pages about a guy building a boat. I can confirm there was a guy building canoe type vessle out of long grass reeds and twine. We left on the 13th July and it looked pretty much complete and on a stand the day before. I have a picture of him working on the boat about 4-5 days earlier. I spoke to him briefly, but other than a southern accent, I didn't catch his name.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4157 on: July 14, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »
Thanks for that Gary. That would definitely be Wilf, Essex accent and very tanned. I'm now, even more sad that I'm not there now as I had some really interesting conversations with him over the last couple of years.

It would be good to see the photos Gary

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4158 on: July 14, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »
terry, we saw him too, didnt stop though as we were on our walk up to afionas!! managed to get up there ok, but martin struggled downhill, worth it though!!
sorry to tell you but irinis art shop has closed, dont know if she is anywhere else around?? we went into perdita glass in san steph, lovely stuff in there.
missed you this year!
ger and martin x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4159 on: July 14, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »
Thanks for the information Ger. Its a shame that Irini's shop has closed, but she is a resourceful girl and I'm sure she will soon be doing something else. I suppose the gift/art shops are the most vulnerable in the current climate.

I bet Martin was pleased to do some walking despite his knee, and he did really well to go to Afionis and back.

Glad you had a good time and will hopefully see you next year as I have really missed going in early July.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4160 on: July 14, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »
Arillas Today?

Forget the lovely beach.
Forget the good folk taking leisurely time in Tavernas etc.
Forget the temps and forget the exchange rate

Arillas today is walking into the Rainbow Bar and seeing Jen enjoying a good book and Phil snoozing away very peacefully. For me this was Arillas today.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4161 on: July 15, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »
Arillas today is walking into the Rainbow Bar and seeing Jen enjoying a good book and Phil snoozing away very peacefully. For me this was Arillas today.

:D what a picture! Works though ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4162 on: July 16, 2010, 02:45:12 AM »
Well that was Arillas yesterday. Arillas woke up a bit today, like justphil did, and enjoyed a busy day doing diddly squat, nothing.

Temperature 30C, 90F. Hardly a breeze, Just amazing. We spent the "morning"in Graziella with taramasalata and Mythos, then  the "afternoon" in Mirage where we were welcomed as always. Mr Phil is back in town. We ate our third fantastic meal at Effis, yes it was fish again. Sea bream tonight. B*****y gorgeous. And a long Cher tribute night in the Nut with John and Dot. No, he wasn't winding me up like you all thought. Well we did.... It is 2am here, Jen is fast asleep, and I am totally intoxicated, but not with alcohol. Arillas is busy delivering everything we want. So many of you know exactly what I mean.

Arillas Today is as beautiful as ever

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4163 on: July 16, 2010, 08:03:49 AM »
Sold! ;) Thank you for your report Phil!
Life is good ;)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4164 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
phil
im with you ....yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4165 on: July 16, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »
Arillas today is basking in sunshine. At least 30 degrees. PhilandJen chilled at Kaloudis all day. Many beers were ordered but somehow not all of them got paid for. Billy was his usual self, and younger Billy likewise. The welcome was as special as ever. Riggers mate, your sunbed was occupied. At first by an interesting blonde lady, but then by a hairy older man. Not me - I'm old but I'm not hairy....

Many peops were chilling on the beach, including Steve and Steve. I must stop meeting forum friends at the North end of the beach. A certain lady knows exactly what I mean. But the sight of three men up to their ankles in the sea chatting and laughing must have been enough to put even the hardiest Arilliac off....

Yiota came running out to tell us that Eileen has hit town. Oh no!! they haven't got over us two yet.....

Arillas today is working magic for a large crowd of people. Us included

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4166 on: July 16, 2010, 06:37:05 PM »
Arillas today is basking in sunshine. At least 30 degrees.
Phil

Phil , me 'ole mucker you!
We're sitting on 36 deg in the shade now at 18:15.(Quarter past six for the really laid back)

And........ wotcanudo in weather like this?

Like Nickos at Night Owl, you can throw a few "arrers". (Still beat him 3-2 though)
Note those Winter 2008/9 Trophies proudly sittimg on the shelf behind.

Or..........,

Like our Moggies you can take advantage of a newly built hammock which they think is for their benefit only.

Or .... like Ref John n Dot you can hide in the Marina Pool Bar.

They can't hide for long though!

Or....... Like many of those lucky people here you can take advantage of..............

Or........ If this life style is too hectic I do have a free brolly left for rent.

With an exchange of e1.173 today it's building to a very good August. Many nationalties who are,and will soon be here to enjoy. Arillas is a common demominator for all. Many friends are waiting to be made and language difficulties will not be a problem.

I haven't seen Phil n Jen today but I did see a male, covered in Arillas Clay, running along the beach front shouting "Eureka" - Nah! - I must be imagining things now.
He did have a Vodka Frappe in his hand though.
(And..Only a Vodka Frappee in his hand must be good news-Watch out the Doughnut man)

Cheers All
Negg

Online Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4167 on: July 16, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
Fabulous reports neil & Phil

Well done to you neil for posting such great photos. I get lost in my own little arillas world when looking at them. only 7 weeks now & we will be back-why is time going so slowly??

Karen

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4168 on: July 16, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
Arillas has definitely taken a turn for the mental. Eggy medear, we will see you tomorrow probably. Tonight we have finally decided will be a tribute to Kostas on the Beach. Lovely food and red wine here we come. Two voddie frappe's between Kaloudis and now. Who wants this job??? Well someone has to do it!!

love to all. Arillas is better than ever.

Phil

riggers

« Reply #4169 on: July 16, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
Riggers mate, your sunbed was occupied. At first by an interesting blonde lady, but then by a hairy older man. Not me - I'm old but I'm not hairy....

Phil

Not to worry Phil, i'll be claiming it back soon  :)  Hope you are both having a brill time. And John and Dot....and everyone else that is there now..

Great report and pics from you too Neill.

riggers.

Booking.com