Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3095327 times)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #10155 on: March 30, 2023, 07:49:01 PM »
So I confused these gases here. Helium , Nitros Oxide ??? WOTDOIKNOW? - TIPOTA!! - DIDDLEY!!
But I do know that I have "Man Flu" and, as all us macho males know, it only takes a runny nose and sneeze  to become a pain in the arse. Wegg does not worry about this as she is back in the UK for 5 Weeks so I can only winge at the cats!!

Arillas is still here and I did spend a small time at Beach Kostas but nobody felt sorry for me so I came home.
(How many hankies can you use in one day? - I have 6 in the spindrier!)

Cheers
Negg
Man flu is man flu and nothing can be said to help this poor creature ,because he is sure nobody can have it like him I wont be on for a few days again now as I have a pre med tomorrow but I will be ok because I belong to the stronger sex.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10156 on: March 30, 2023, 08:51:16 PM »
Bahhhh Humbug and Quadruple woe (Thrice is too nice)
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #10157 on: March 31, 2023, 11:41:36 AM »
Bahhhh Humbug and Quadruple woe (Thrice is too nice)
Negg
LOL xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10158 on: March 31, 2023, 05:18:54 PM »
A busy Arillas today offers 24/5 deg to all those who take the gamble and appear end of March. A busy "Beach Kostas" and why not  as no where else is open in Arillas.
I must stress that this is not a bad thing as owners not only want to spend time with family but they have to fit that in with preparing their premises for May. - No one begrudges them a little rest period.
That said a little bird tells me that Brouklis is open this weekend

So, and accept it fellow early travellers, that if you appear early then travel around for a beer or a nice meal.
(Village Tavernas welcome you with open arms and such an experience is to die for)
so.... maybe these wise March/April visitors are veterans and know WOTTISALLABOUT!

My "virus" continues to make me a miserable old sod (No Change there then) I was touched when Ron offered me one of his chips this afternoon but I twigged it came , not from the plate, but from his pocket.
(That little bugger was 2 days old! - Cheers Mucker!)

My moggies continue to miss Wegg who is back in the UK for a while.
She spoils 'em rotten.... not like me.
If they think I am gonna slice the chicken of the bone and cut it thinly they are on planet 9.
"""You get half a chicken each and sort it out yerselves""" ... I'm a hard man.!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10159 on: April 04, 2023, 08:39:55 PM »
Sadly , with my super duper man flu that no one else has ever been attacked by, I fight on and take no prisoners from the land of mucus and coughs which register 6.2 on the Richter Scale.

So... I never did tell you that Sunday, Beach Kostas, yet again had no available tables. I hid in the corner away from all who kept shouting "UNCLEAN" so only had one drink and left.
My Monday was a stay at home  spending much of my time looking at drizzle/breeze/drizzle from the comfort of my sofa. Today was a Sidari shop but did have a beer at Matts and, being Mr Grumpy, left in the knowledge that I had scared 75% of thier customers away. (Just takes a sniff and a heavy cough)

But I am punished on my return. All I want is to relax this evening. 23deg heat plus convector & drambuie.
What do I get????

I do not ask for much in this world but what I do want is my side of the sofa!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10160 on: April 13, 2023, 03:09:44 PM »
Arillas today is a good 'ole 21deg and dry which all those "Paska" lovers hope will stay until Monday.
((Yer don't want drizzle blowing out the candles at midnight!!)

I am told that Brouklis is open again tonight but sadly I have declined an invite as I still have this virus hovering around me. Would you like a cougherer and splutterer next to you???
Anyway , this is a "Brouklis 2nd" as he tried to keep his first opening quiet.
(He told a few but said "Don't tell anyone else" and they told a few but said "Keep it a secret" ---
--- You guess the rest....He was full and had to turn people away !!)
He sends apologies to some he should have told but I am sure he is forgiven

Further good news is that 3W , Stephanos is open plus a few Tavernas ready or nearly ready for business.

Malibu continue their work on new appts and swimming pool and Coconut are working inside with a revamp.
Yiannis's Pizzeria is begining to take shape and looks perdy good , so far.

No news on whether Beach Point has new tennants. Twill be a shame to see it closed this Summer.

Nowt else to tell you, or that I can think of.
Be well.
Neggg

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #10161 on: April 13, 2023, 10:39:20 PM »
Thanks for the update Eggy. We'll be there early May for 3 weeks.
Love being in Arillas in May .

Barry and Christine.

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10162 on: April 14, 2023, 01:28:19 PM »
Thanks for that neil, any info on the situation as to wether the vinceremo is or is not going to be open or closed in the upcoming season, as we were discussing in an earlier post.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10163 on: April 17, 2023, 03:10:34 PM »
Jackson - I hope to be in Arillas on Wednesday so hopefully someone will know.

I saw, on Eurosport news , that today is the official start of the Tourist Summer Season.
(Hmmmm pity no one told all those who have been here for a fortnight with very little open!)

We have had 75mm of rain in the last week but it looks to be clearing up a tad this afternoon.
Outside temp hovers around 21deg and tis a pleasant afternoon.

Prices will probably be rising next week but with everything much more expensive here it is expected.
Matthias (Matts Bar-Sidari) apologised to me earlier as he has to raise his Ouzo price to 3 euros.
This is Sidari , of course, so if you want that price expect to spend 2/3 euros on petrol to get it.!

joke
I went into a Taverna and asked the price for a bottle of Retsina.
"5 euros" , he said.. But the taverna next door sells it for 4 euros , says I.
Then go next door , says he.. "But they have none left , says I.
When we haven't got any it's also 4 euros . says he.

and with that note plus the price of Whiskas cat food increasing from e1.06 to e1.32 , I bid you farewell.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10164 on: April 19, 2023, 06:21:46 PM »

and with that note plus the price of Whiskas cat food increasing from e1.06 to e1.32 , I bid you farewell.
 Now, the cheapest anywhere is e2 a can!! WOTSTHATALLABOUT.

With Wegg in the UK the price increases have suprised me as I am not the one who usually shops.

Anywhere Arillas today reduces the pain a tad.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10165 on: April 21, 2023, 08:31:14 PM »
Arillas today was a nice 22/23 deg and quiet with a small helping of early travellers.

Ina's is open but still has a tad of renovation going on.
I am told that Vinceremos will still be Vinceremos for the Summer.
Nothing concrete for Beach point yet but it is possible that someone will take it on.

Quite a few places are beginning to stir so twill not be long before you are spoilt for choice.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10166 on: April 22, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »
You must love this time of year mate when its all coming to life again.......
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10167 on: April 22, 2023, 09:22:19 AM »
You must love this time of year mate when its all coming to life again.......

Haven't seen a sad face anywhere , Karl, and you could not buy the smile that Yiota (shop) was beaming at all yesterday!
Negg

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10168 on: April 22, 2023, 04:09:44 PM »
Thanks for the info on Vinceremos Neil and as for Yiota she has allways got a fantastic smile and allways stops us for a chat when we meet on our way to the coconut.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10169 on: April 23, 2023, 05:58:05 PM »
Interesting about Vinceremos as Kostas told us last year it was his last year but then Thomas at Gratselas said they would not be doing anything with it until 2024 so perhaps they have let Kostas have a further year.  🤔

Booking.com