Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021968 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9705 on: June 26, 2021, 02:01:05 PM »
All travel abroad will probably be back to normal by July 24th as this is when all the politicians take their annual 4 week summer break!
Sadly our Arillas holiday won't be happening again this year. We should have been flying out on the 12th July for 3 weeks but we're not able to isolate on return.
 We're absolutely gutted! It's so bloody annoying to say the least and frustrating. I drowned my sorrows last night with a bottle of Prossecco.
 So it's off to our caravan again and just praying we have some sun!
Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9706 on: June 26, 2021, 02:40:19 PM »

Hi Suzy

Have a good time where is your caravan

Kev

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9707 on: June 26, 2021, 03:26:44 PM »
Thank you. Our caravan is in near Sandringham (The Queen's residence!) which is also very close to Hunstanton and many other lovely Norfolk seaside resorts. We love it and it's great when all the family join us and we frequently take our grandchildren. However we will desperately miss Arillas again especially when it's 2 years running that our family wanted going to join us during our 3 week stay. Including the grandchildren.
It obviously wasn't meant to be yet again 

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9708 on: June 26, 2021, 06:47:08 PM »
Really sorry , Suzy61 - This is, in my opinion, all political and we are all pawns on a chessboard.
(Boris is on holiday soon.. good job he made it a green zone!!!)
To pour salt in the wound for those who have to have to rent a caravan for more than the cost of being here.
, see this link.
https://enimerosi.com/details_en.php?id=58574&fbclid=IwAR0B7lDJh0JelzqHrzDtLObfX-wp0S5ewQMj5dEaN3c-72JYz6dj6fWjl5E

We sit with a 40deg at 18:30 but too see a very quiet Arillas , this afternoon, this is nowt to celebrate about.
I find Germans, very nice and enjoying the freedom that Merkel offers them
Today I found some French... very nice and enjoying the freedom that Macron offers them.
Some Czech and Romanium a few days ago.

But,for example, Ag Stephanos looks after a large % of UK guests.
(Sad, like Zombieland without Zombies - Probably all hovering outside no.10 -Can't book a flight over)
Ag Stehanos has so much to offer and is an option for those who want to venture just to make a change.
See Margeritta at Three W.. You will be very welcome and together you just might put the World to rights!
(Don't mention my name or she just may not serve you)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9709 on: June 27, 2021, 06:38:44 PM »
38 deg , in the shade , is hard to live with and the urge to leave the house has vanished.
Hideaway time and drink plenty of water , just with a twinge of ouzo.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9710 on: July 01, 2021, 05:57:15 PM »
Arillas today flashes around the 36 deg mark.

This morning we completed step one of our application for a biometric resident permit.
Appointment for 9am & 9am twas. - All paperwork in order , thanks to Wegg , and all completed in 25 mins.
All took place at the Police Station , Corfu Town , and full marks for their efficiency and friendliness.
We now wait 3 weeks and then telephone for a date to get our fingerprints done (This is step 2)

Further good news is that Rainbow will be open from Saturday. Tria already have guests so , perhaps normality or very near is on the cards.

Further good news is that the outside balcony temp has dropped to 35.4 , at 6pm.
I could fry eggs on my Punto bonnet, but...... have you seen the state of my Punto???
(Eggs with a twinge of dried pollen , a few flies , and thick dust is not the meal I usually have in mind!!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9711 on: July 01, 2021, 06:13:36 PM »
Arillas today flashes around the 36 deg mark.

This morning we completed step one of our application for a biometric resident permit.
Appointment for 9am & 9am twas. - All paperwork in order , thanks to Wegg , and all completed in 25 mins.
All took place at the Police Station , Corfu Town , and full marks for their efficiency and friendliness.
We now wait 3 weeks and then telephone for a date to get our fingerprints done (This is step 2)

Further good news is that Rainbow will be open from Saturday. Tria already have guests so , perhaps normality or very near is on the cards.

Further good news is that the outside balcony temp has dropped to 35.4 , at 6pm.
I could fry eggs on my Punto bonnet, but...... have you seen the state of my Punto???
(Eggs with a twinge of dried pollen , a few flies , and thick dust is not the meal I usually have in mind!!)
Cheers
Negg
So this means to my mind that you have decided to stay in Corfu, good for you.  You would be frozen here in winter even in one of our mild ones.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9712 on: July 01, 2021, 06:28:03 PM »
Hi Viv
We knew that someone would ask this question. Our Kavadaddes house was sold , within 2 days of private advertising. - Caught us completely off guard and we never got the chance to look for rental, smaller properties or discuss, in detail, returning to the UK.
(Who buys a property after a total of 3 1/2 hours viewing plus questions? - Sadly he loved it)
So... we withdrew from the sale but have offered this buyer first refusal if we find somewhere to live.
and.. we have said the selling price to him will not increase.He has first refusal - He will not be gazzumped!
But the property market has gone "haywire" here and many Germans/Austrians are buying up many places as future rental investments. We keep searching but for a "downsizer" but for the likes of us that want less land and a smaller house it has become a large headache. - Tis so complicated.

Anyway... tis back to 36deg at 6:30pm. Not a good time to complete any garden duties!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Jon B

« Reply #9713 on: July 01, 2021, 07:32:48 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a bus service still in operation to Sidari?. I only ask as the 10:30 from Arillas never appeared on Tuesday and I can't actually recall seeing any buses in the last few weeks. Someone mentioned there was a revised timetable issued on the 26th June, and sure enough, on the board outside Vassillis Supermarket there is a new timetable, however it lists the times of buses from Arillas to Corfu and back..... But nowt else!.. EH??.. Jon B.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #9714 on: July 01, 2021, 08:49:24 PM »
As far as I know there is a bus goes from st stef in the summer season but it may not have started running because of the virus. It used to go from Little Prince at 1045 2 yeas ago.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9715 on: July 01, 2021, 09:04:42 PM »
Aww sort of glad you haven’t made your mind up to come back! You still never told us all the story of how you ended up living there in the first place (or is that a novel in the making?).

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9716 on: July 02, 2021, 09:02:00 AM »

HI

He was washed up on Arillas beach he is a Refugee all he had with him was a set of darts haha hope to see you soon with a cold beer with Yanni

kev

Offline Jon B

« Reply #9717 on: July 02, 2021, 10:14:32 AM »
Thanks for the update re buses.. I think the Sidari flyer must be suspended at present due to both covid and lack of demand.. Woe.. Jon B

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #9718 on: July 02, 2021, 03:39:22 PM »
Aww sort of glad you haven’t made your mind up to come back! You still never told us all the story of how you ended up living there in the first place (or is that a novel in the making?).
I dont know how they ended up living there but I do remember the everning of their last flight out because Eggy only said about 4 words all night and they were, "What have I done" as there had been a mix up with the tiles in the Kitchen. Never known him so quite before or afterwards. Lovs yer both Neal and Wendy and looking forward to seeing you, when Im fit and this world hopefully is back to normal. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9719 on: July 03, 2021, 07:16:37 PM »
Viv ... you are indeed a super little package and take me back many years.
At some point I will post how our years have been. Right now many decisions have to be made.

Meanwhile....... you wanna 33 deg at 18:10 then be here. 
Personnally ..after handling these temps for more than 2 weeks I would prefer to be somewhere else.
ICELAND springs to mind.
but ... good news for an Arillas weekend is that looks to be a busy weekend. Many will be cheering on England to beat Ukraine. - I am hoping that the Brits will be polite as ever and say....
"After You - The ball is yours - Don't let me interfere with your plans - I will ask the goalie to lie down"
May you all prosper.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com