Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021797 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9675 on: June 07, 2021, 06:50:02 PM »
I bring you Arillas today, possibly on the edge of a nervous breakdown. (Downsizing? WOTSALLTHATABOUT?)
The stress of buying/selling is the same all over the World- Costs more euros here- Bummer

Anyway... we get a 30 deg temp at 6pm and I am sure Arillas has been a "hottie4yerbottie"
But.... I spent some time in Sidari, this afternoon, and you could count the number of toursist, that I saw, on both hands. - or 9 fingers plus one reserve.
(2 of which were wearing masks, but we do not go there - Not just 2 fingers , Kevin as that upsets locals!)

Tis a deserted Sidari. .Ag. Stephanos, I feel, only have photos of toursists to remind them of "days gone".
Arillas continues to bob along nicely but, sadly, half a beer is better than no beer at all!!

and..... for REF. JOHN. - I saw your posting and feel very sad that I knew nothing of your problems and my best wishes to you and Dot. - You buggers!!! -A large part of Arillas which Arillas does not want to lose.
Sadly another result for lockdown as I never got opportunities to speak to guys like "Rainbow" etc.
(Just purp the horn when driving past and probably they wouldn't tell me details of a personal e-mail)

So.... 31 deg now ... I must have been banging this keyboard for some time.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9676 on: June 08, 2021, 06:34:31 PM »
Arillas today gave me a tad of time with Dimi at Rainbow.
He is not open yet but still found 2 plastic cups and a few beers to "put the World to rights" !!!
His guests not due to 1st July, possibly,  but he is all ready and raring to go.- Very positive thinking.
However, Arillas continues to welcome Germans, Austrians plus some French visitors but miss their UK pals.

Tis a funny 'ole game and wish I could say something nice about the UK after Brexit.
but.... when I hear of problems with building materials, such as Timber,Cement,roof tiles it concerns me.

Anyway....I continue to see Greek pals , each afternoon , and their positive attitude, to life, perks me up.
As a young guy said to me this afternoon.
"" I wait for my job to begin, but not yet as no customers...so more time to spend on the Beach and relax """
Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9677 on: June 09, 2021, 04:20:48 PM »
Anyway....I continue to see Greek pals , each afternoon , and their positive attitude, to life, perks me up.
As a young guy said to me this afternoon.
"" I wait for my job to begin, but not yet as no customers...so more time to spend on the Beach and relax """
Cheers
Negg

Awwwwww! We live in strangest times indeed :( But I hope that changes in the next 73 days so that we get to come over and spread the love - or euros as they are the preferred method of payment ;)

Life is good ;)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9678 on: June 09, 2021, 06:46:46 PM »
Hi
The euro  will be much appreciated, love comes second lol

Keep safe
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9679 on: June 09, 2021, 07:17:36 PM »
29 deg today and bad weather forecast for the weekend?? - Hmmmm!
Still quiet and I really miss all those tourist/hire cars stopping dead in front of me!
Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9680 on: June 09, 2021, 07:25:56 PM »
32 in the shade here.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9681 on: June 12, 2021, 07:22:35 PM »
Arillas today and "I did spy with my little eye...... a KEVIN G!!"
(Actually he spied me, sipping at "Beach Kostas" whilst he was taking in a newly opened Marina Pool Bar)
I do not expect to see regular faces so early, due to "Bummer Boris" and it threw me a tad.

Anyway.... he gotta 30 deg and a hottie for his bottie today. -
Eftihia soon to open as is Armourada and , I think Tria may now be open just for a couple of private bookings.
I will know tomorrow 'cause I am a tad nosey.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9682 on: June 13, 2021, 01:28:45 AM »
Slowly all coming to life then mate 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9683 on: June 14, 2021, 12:55:29 PM »
Hope you enjoyed your day out at the test match Truth, shame about the result but great to get back to a bit of normality.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9684 on: June 14, 2021, 05:59:48 PM »
Arillas today? Around 26/27deg and a "Maestrolm" (Heavy Wind-Not Kevin) blows a few cobwebs away.
Tria is open and looking after some German Guests. - The family and place are all looking good!
(If I remember correctly.. Tria are with Olympic now?)

Twas good , this afternoon, to see the "Bouncy Boys" at Graziella. They wish me "Kalo Himona" ........
........ "Have a good Winter" - private joke and all to do with language mistakes from English to Greek.

anyway.... Scotland have just lost 2-0 which cost me 3e so I will cry with Scottish Yianis.(DATSABEER!!!)

Stay well
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9685 on: June 15, 2021, 02:30:45 AM »
Hope you enjoyed your day out at the test match Truth, shame about the result but great to get back to a bit of normality.

It was great thanks mate!  Like you say it was nice to do something normal !  New Zealand were always going to beat an under strength England , very good side they are .
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9686 on: June 15, 2021, 06:33:50 PM »
A quiet 28deg Arillas today - WOTMORECANISAY?
EXCEPT.... good to see guests putting on masks if they have to venture inside any venue for a "jimmy"
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9687 on: June 19, 2021, 07:15:18 PM »
Tis a hottie for yer bottie , in Arillas today.!!
Still reading 34 deg, on the pacemaker counter, at 18:15.
Many cars parked in Arillas but nobody using the Tavernas. (All ont beach-and-y-not?)
Armourada opens tonight as does Thalassa. - Eftihia was enjoyed by me , Wegg and Sandy last night.
.....and a bluddy good night twas!!
so.... question is .... do we want to sell our house or just plod on???
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9688 on: June 20, 2021, 05:58:47 PM »
Hottie Botties continue to be a plague for all Arillas peeps.
33 deg at 6pm and no breeze makes that a extra bummer.
Nowhere to swing a pinemartin let alone park my poor 'ole Punto.
The beach is busy but, compared to Bournemouth, the beach is very quiet!
(Butlins is an option if you can get a bank loan)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9689 on: June 22, 2021, 06:07:52 PM »
The weather continues to know no limits! - Still 36 deg at 6pm for today.
Good news for Horizon Hotel. Open to non residents for afternoon bevvies or an evening meal.
(Pool only available for resident use only)

Other places on the move in Ag.Stephanos and Sidari, Ag George doing their bit.
No offence to any guests here but it would be nice to here a tad of English chat , sometime.
Boris not making any pals but we must, I assume, he is making these decisions for the right reasons.
Cheers
Neg

Booking.com