Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101872 times)

Weeze81 and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9405 on: September 09, 2020, 06:30:19 PM »
That's some top swimming that is Steve, fins or no fins !  I take my hat off to you !!!!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9406 on: September 09, 2020, 07:31:52 PM »
That's some top swimming that is Steve, fins or no fins !  I take my hat off to you !!!!

Don't do that Karl or people will see you have less hair than me!!
Is this time to FIN-ish the chat??
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9407 on: September 09, 2020, 08:00:23 PM »
😂😂
I like having a shaved head, more tanning space 🤣
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9408 on: September 09, 2020, 08:34:13 PM »
So ... you use a razor?? - I use sandpaper. (then unibond and a top coat of clear varnish)
Of course the unibond has to be FINned down a bit.

Jer know, in the last 35 mins, I have sat in front of this laptop, the outside temp has dropped down to 26 from 33deg. I think it may be a tad chilly by 23:00
No aircon needed tonight..... me-thinks!
All this banter gives me edache.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9409 on: September 10, 2020, 05:01:52 PM »
Arillas today and a diddy time spent chatting with Jersy Steve and good lady plus the "bean" + partner.
Megaphones were needed to ensure social distancing.
(Anyway , cannot get too close to his lady as my pacemaker goes off!!)

Any owning a megaphone factory will be making a fortune.
(if conversing with deaf people you lean forward and stick it over thier ear - and still keep that distance)

Still a busy ole place but never saw a megaphone on the sea front. - Did see many, though , meeting and hugging and shaking hands?? - Hmmmm - The prosecution for the defence will be open on that!!
(Did not recognise any English spoken though - Vee ask the queztshuns!!)

Kev has ignored me today and... coming out of the DIY shop , opposite Tria , I did wave.
Possibly he got the message wrong as I had 3 fingers taped down due to cuts !!

Twill all be put right avrio.

Kev used to play snooker , DONCHERKNOW , always looking for a plant in the right hand corner.
and.. Mick n Mary here , at Tria now - If I find an interpreter I will visit them on Saturday.
(With megaphone and phrase book as a backup)
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9410 on: September 10, 2020, 05:47:26 PM »

Hi Neil
Sorry I didn’t see you that’s my excuse Simon and his dad Ron will be here later tonight.
With Mick and Mary well anything could happen now it will keep Yanni on his toes . it’s been a very hot day for September not a lot of people here
We all are making the best of it and having a good time

I remember now I did wave back but I got three fingers bandage up haha

Kev

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9411 on: September 11, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »
Hi Joe, Just thought I would let you know that Petros introduced us to Agros (names after the village Agros where he came from) in 2003. He wasn't a new pup then but if I remember right he was a year old. Now that would make him 18 which seems incredible. The oldest living dog in the world according Guinness world records is a cattle dog age 29 1/2 so seeing Agros seems to be so healthy,you never know. Anyway he must have the best smile in the world.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9412 on: September 11, 2020, 05:15:22 PM »
Viv - I think it is Argos (Jason & Argonaut boat) not Agros.
But do not get too AGROSvated about that. - I must find out if he is still in the land of the living.

Meanwhile..... with 35deg at 5pm , I might just find a sneaky little wooden box, to hide in, and re-appear at midnight!! - Trying to get the house temp down from 27deg.

Arillas today does look perdy damm good though. Weekend on it's way so multi store car parking in order.
(Without extra floors - Just position your vehicle on top of another. Can be done but you gotta practice.)
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9413 on: September 12, 2020, 03:15:21 PM »

Hi Neil

Are you still alive, electric and beer and ouzo don’t mix well

You should have got a sparky in

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9414 on: September 12, 2020, 04:54:10 PM »
Arillas today hovers at 34deg and botties will be hotties until yer shower.

Twas my choice , this afternoon ,to get up a ladder and cut overhanging branches down , in this heat or spend some time with Mick (as in Mick n Mary) and Kevin (as in Kev n Bev)
I made the wrong decision!!! -  We must name these guys as the new comedy duo for 2020.
We will call them "The Urine Extractors" - Together , they are a team. Kev with his 'ortikology and Mick with his motorbikes. I am sure they are planning to get a Triffid on a BSA and send it to Night Owl!!

My house electrics, which I plan avrio , will be a sucess. They will light up when I say "twas no problem"
------ or I will light up when fitting these new sockets !! - who knows??

Did not see Bev, that much , as she was in the pool. (I Think, deep end as only her head was showing.)
And should have borrowed Mary's ear plugs as I could not get a word , in edgeways . with Mick.
(more RABBIT than Chas n Dave)

In all guys , and joking apart, twas good to see the 'ole veterans , at Tria. We must let nothing spoil our enjoyment in life. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
and...... dare I say Mick plus Kev plus those poor ladies who care for them have got it right.
.. I cannot be tooo nice it is not in my vocabulary. - I am going now. (any speedos I can pick on??)
and... who does electrics when they are colour blind , anyway ???
Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #9415 on: September 12, 2020, 04:57:37 PM »
Hi Mr Eggy, yes of course you are right. I knew it was the name of a village, guess I should have googled it first with suffering from Dyslexia, now that's one word I will never forget how to spell. Years ago some body that was on her said the post sounded like a man from mars had written it. It caused quite a stink on the forum with some of my friends from Arilla. That dosn't matter now as I always have a Thesaurus on me now, but it have Corfu villages in it. lol x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9416 on: September 12, 2020, 05:10:25 PM »
Viv , or may I call you Vivian??
Nobody worries about these thingies!! - and a gold star to you as I forgot an update on ARGOS.
Petros keeps him at home now as he is very old... But in good health. - This from Petros , this afternoon.
You see... good comes from everything. - Maybe a big slapping in order for little lack of confidence.
--- Or maybe a bigger slapping ?? - Not sure yet.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9417 on: September 12, 2020, 05:18:39 PM »
and....... cause I am on fire today..... do not forget your contributions to this Forum.
Your slapping gets bigger as I type!
ps..... do you want the 35 deg which is on our balcony , right now??
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9418 on: September 12, 2020, 06:21:12 PM »

Hi
Very enjoyable day Mick Mary Simon Ron Mr Eggy  and Yanni our last day just having a good laugh
And Neil you should not be up a ladder at your old age
Will miss you and the banter till next year and I will have help from Billy and Brett

Kev

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #9419 on: September 12, 2020, 08:12:50 PM »
HI Egg, you can call me anything you like as long as you put a drink in my hand each time you call. we have 20 degrees here at the moment, which is warmer enough for Pete and I. Any hotter and all the holiday makers take up the beach which I would love normally but not knowing if they are coming from places that are in lock down is a bit of a worry. was done there about 7 this morning and going to walk Arilla on the beach as soon as I post this. xx
Just read its Bev and Kevs last day, If you happen to be reading this Hope you have a good journey home, cant wait to see new pics.xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com