Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021143 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9270 on: August 03, 2020, 03:10:11 PM »
Thanks Eggy would be lovely to bump into you. If you do see me then please do come  up to me as I dont want to miss you like last time as I.am so  unobservant.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9271 on: August 03, 2020, 06:01:03 PM »
Hey Sonia,
Most times you will see me , hunched over an Ouzo, at Beach Kostas. _ I say hunched over because I protect it from sneak thieves who rush in and grab some one's glass of alcohol.

Hope you are enjoying the 34 deg on offer and keeping plenty of ice in yer drinks.
(Plus protecting it from those sneaky "off the roaders"
Cheers
Negg

Offline Deferd

« Reply #9272 on: August 04, 2020, 10:27:26 PM »
Hello,
how busy is Arillas at present
are there people sunbathing on the beach each day ?
if so how many roughly would you say ?
Is the marina hotel as busy as it usually is , when I’ve seen it in the past it is full at breakfast time is that the case at present ?

With regards restaurants are any of them only accepting customers by appointment i.e table bookings only or is it pretty much business as usual ?

If anyone already in Arillas can answer any of these questions i would be very grateful.

Thank you

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9273 on: August 05, 2020, 09:08:19 AM »
Hi Deferd - it is business as usual here.  Apart from the masks it is no different and perhaps not as busy as usual. No names in restaurants.  Beach fairly busy with usual sun beds on. Hope this helps.

Today starts with thunder and lightning though which is rather disappointing.  Still would rather be here.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9274 on: August 05, 2020, 09:42:52 AM »
Has kaloudis opened yet ?
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9275 on: August 05, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »
Not sure Harold. Can't tell from the road.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9276 on: August 05, 2020, 06:47:21 PM »
Sonia... dat 'ole thunder n lightning! - probably was for about 90 mins at Kavaddades and saw the outside temp drop 6 deg during that time. 42mm of rain recorded but, then , all done and "Normal Service" was quick to follow. DOOO U NO twas so dark, at 10am the outside security lights kept springing on when the cats ran across them for cover. (How many soggy cats can we deal with??)

Reckon it did not spoil yer time here though! - Spot the Punto , around Beach Kostas , at 3pm , avrio , and we will all bump elbows , or wave legs at each other. (Not sure what the fashion is now)

Meanwhile .... DEFERD... All those questions. - What you after?? - You want me to go and take a daily census?? So....
1. Many people on Beach. - Cannot park Punto anywhere.
Total , I would say is 52 and a half. (Halves are decided by sprogs where a sprog is a half. " sprogs make one. I counted 47 adults and 13 sprogs, hence 52 and a half. )
Babies not included as they make too much noise and fill nappies so I could not get close!!
 (Cannot swing a Hamster anywhere without hitting an Italian. Or any nationality)
2. Marina busy and think breakfast time has all fighting for that last piece of toast.
Marinas always busy . - Like every where else you are spoilt for choice.
3. Do not need to book a table anywhere, unless you want piece of mind and/or a specific table.
4. I am in Arillas and can answer these questions so please pay for an Ouzo or two at Kostas On Beach.
(WOTASUP-RISE 4 ME) Just come to Arillas and work it all out as you go)

SONIA..... am I a nice bunny or not??

Cheers
Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9277 on: August 05, 2020, 09:14:31 PM »
Thanks anyway sonia
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline jend

« Reply #9278 on: August 05, 2020, 09:26:30 PM »
Harold, I was in Arillas from 16th July for a week and Kaloudis opened while I was there.

Offline claretman1

« Reply #9279 on: August 06, 2020, 10:56:04 AM »
Is the horizon hotel's restaurant open now?

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9280 on: August 06, 2020, 12:09:50 PM »

Hi Neil

Can you help can you tell me how many men are wearing shoes with laces and colour and men wearing slip on shoes and colour

Ouzo on way

Kev.  P/M to you

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9281 on: August 06, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »
Neil and Kev - you both funny bunnies.

Horizon restaurant not open. Portofino not open but everywhere else is I think.

Police drive around at night checking if restaurant staff have masks on. Never seen price before in Arillas.

Like I said apart from masks it is business as usual.

We had a fantastic  time yesterday celebrating our daughters 30th birthday. Went to Kassiopi yesterday and also Kalami and last night had another fantastic meal at Gratselas followed by cocktails in the coconut bar.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9282 on: August 06, 2020, 01:59:36 PM »
All good news then Sonia !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9283 on: August 06, 2020, 06:31:27 PM »
Twere my pleasure to meet Sonia , today , at Beach Kostas. She caught me unawares as her hair was different to pic. and...... WOT B those "headphone/Aircon" thingies she has. - Put em on and cool air blows in yer ears. I tried em and my poor ole brain ended up like shaking a peanut in a biscuit tin.
(I was burbling when I got home , so no change there!!)
Can't remember , Sonia . what was your special name for them. please tell

A nice "chatty" change to a 31deg afternoon. ScottishYiannis also there, so good to have an interpreter!!
(For Sonia not Yiannis)

Very nice to meet another Forum face again , after along absence. (Bobby's last time , I think?)
I hope your next 2/3 days go according to plan and a PM will be with you by tomorrow.
Cheers
Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9284 on: August 06, 2020, 06:46:41 PM »
It was indeed great to see you Neil and meet scottish Yanni. My neck fan has been christened twhat fan by our very own Jo Wissett. Fantastic in this heat even though you do look a twhat.

Very relaxing day today by the pool today.

Loving it as usual. Got quads tomorrow so of exploring again.

A lot of newbies here who have switched holidays from Spain. Who can blame them and what a fantastic swap. They are up on the deal in my opinion.

Booking.com