Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3077440 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9285 on: August 08, 2020, 03:18:32 PM »
Hahah still laughing about that contraption that Sonia was wearing. We thought she was wearing Dr Dre Beats lolol

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9286 on: August 08, 2020, 06:03:32 PM »
Jo ,
Neck fans and the name. TWATSTHATALLABOUT???
As I type , at 6pm , there are many thunder rumbles up above. - Hmmmmm!!
Watch this space.
Cheers
Negg

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9287 on: August 08, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »
6:15 pm and down comes the rain. - Tis nice and a break from the norm. Not the "new norm" ,which seems to spring up on the media, but back to normal times. (Enjoy afternoon and nature takes charge a tad later)

and... I must contact Sonia as I am told these "wotsitallaboutearfans" are a possible cure for hemorrhoids.
Not sure how you fit then to the buttock but I am willing to give them a try.
(If they don't work you can have them back. Uuuuggghhhh - promise to wash em though!)
Cheers
Negg 

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9288 on: August 09, 2020, 08:58:07 AM »
Hi Eggy
The best cure for haemorrhoids is a very ancient one, past down over the years from 1814, that originated from Norwich.
Make a good strong poltice from the famous yellow powder.
Apply liberally to the the affected area. Put on a pair of speedos to hold the mixture in place, and wear for the day. Problem solved.

I just looked up speedo, as for the life of me I could not think of how to spell it. Typed it into Goggle and (this is true) guess whose  photos popped up, our very own speedo man in various styles and colour.

One site was http://thegreatamericandisconnect.blogspot.com/2018/04/trump-in-speedos-is-why.html.
Another was https://www.quora.com/What-does-a-speedo-feel-like-to-wear
Hope he has the copyright of the images

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9289 on: August 09, 2020, 12:28:38 PM »
Hi
As ever dear Geoff's inquisitive nature has produced interesting results.  Am not sure about the medical cure - it sounds very unpleasant to me.
However have inspected the two sites he mentions and the Trump site is not replete with a photo of me - the gentleman in question is far too weighty!
However I do admit to the illustration on Quora.  I am fond of Quora and have learned lots of useful stuff from it.  I don't copyright my photos but would love it if someone paid me to use them (some hopes)!

Old Hunstanton

by pj's memories, on Flickr

Our trip to Arillas is getting closer - just over 5 weeks away, so must ensure camera is fully charged and order a new pair of Speedos.

All the best,
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9290 on: August 09, 2020, 12:55:52 PM »
Hi Patrick

Enjoy your trip

Sadly no trip this year for us, but already booked for next September. Val could not cope with wearing a face mask for up to 8 contineous hrs ( Gatwick, flight, Corfu airport and finally the taxi) as she suffers from asthma. Even doing a supermarket shop in the Uk is too much at times.

You sure thats not you on the Trump site? The swimwear looks very familar. lol

Take care

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9291 on: August 09, 2020, 06:57:20 PM »
Geoff
I think your "pile" cure should have been recipes for lock down but you are forgiven as there are worst things in life. *Such as a website for speedos. A new modeling career for PJ , methinks??
(Page 3 of the Sun springs to mind. Personally I would go for haemorrhoids.)

36 deg here at 6:30 pm so if you have a case of the above I think they would have shrunk by now.
A very busy Arillas and so many cars. - No where to swing a pile of anything. Good to see .

Cheers
Negg

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9292 on: August 10, 2020, 07:21:54 PM »
Acharavi , mid morning , 36 deg
Sidari , late morning early afternoon , 40 deg in the sun.
Arillas Today , at 3:30pm . 34 deg in the shade.

If it was not for passport photos, and meeting with an electrician, I would have stayed home and drank Ouzo with ice, all afternoon. - Or......... just go for the ice!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9293 on: August 10, 2020, 10:34:46 PM »
Hi

Whats the story/truth of Corfu, along with other Greek locations, having to shutdown bars and restaurants at midnight until 07.00hrs from tomorrow until August  23rd?

Geoff

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9294 on: August 11, 2020, 12:12:53 AM »
I'm sure she would be exempt from wearing a mask.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9295 on: August 11, 2020, 12:19:17 AM »
Lol Eggy. Not sure they would be a good cure but would certainly cool them down. For anyone intrigued about my neck fan here is a link. Not the exact ones I have but very similar. Seriously if you dont mind looking like a twhat they are great

https://www.amazon.com/Hands-Free-Portable-Neck-Fan/dp/B07S737P48

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9296 on: August 11, 2020, 12:24:54 AM »
I think this is true Geoff.  I think it is to try and maintain social distancing as alcohol and social distancing dont work and I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to that.  It will be hard on bars like the coconut and Malibu but obviously would not affect restaurants so much as they close before then anyway.

We returned home yesterday and the nut was quieter than usual so this is not good news.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9297 on: August 11, 2020, 06:43:40 PM »
Arillas Today , and first message for Erja.

I am not sure if your partner can replace that giggle which Heide does so well'
(and. if he does giggle ,with eyebrows rolling up n down , plus a tilt of the head , I think we would both be concerned)  hmmmmmm!!! - Maybe I will imagine this, again , later!.
Hope to get you both , in the nicest possible way , from 24th Aug.

Karl - You are noted for the 12th Aug so tell me where I should be, to have a beer together?
(Course if you are busy you can tell me one end of Arillas whilst you hide at the other)

Scottish Yiannis home today and has struggled with the heat.... (As I do, quite often)
I wish him all the best and hope that his return, in September , will be much cooler.

I see a Kavaddades temp of 37 deg at 6:30 pm. - I also saw a manic Arillas at 3pm. Many Italian's here as are the "Athens Crowd" - It was so packed. - Sonia .. no where to swing half a hemorroid.

Very sadly....If only the Italians could drive, .. more patience would be had by all
(My observation , of course)
U-turns, no warning ,in middle of road, and using middle of road because they don't want any scratches on their sparkly vehicles. "Let's stop dead and bugger those behind me!!!"
Maybe I am wrong but I am sure that is what the !I" plate means on a car. (unless it means Ipsos)
My Punto will take no prisoners and has more bumps n scratches than a badly abused husband!!

anyway...... very good to see Arillas taking all that this August life can offer it.
(Hat's off to all those guys "on duty" to ensure a good time for all)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9298 on: August 11, 2020, 07:17:01 PM »
Very late on 16/8 mate we arrive 🤣 .
I know where to find you (and I will!)  Kostas most afternoons 😉
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9299 on: August 12, 2020, 01:43:56 PM »
Arillas Today , and first message for Erja.

I am not sure if your partner can replace that giggle which Heide does so well'
(and. if he does giggle ,with eyebrows rolling up n down , plus a tilt of the head , I think we would both be concerned)  hmmmmmm!!! - Maybe I will imagine this, again , later!.
Hope to get you both , in the nicest possible way , from 24th

😂 you better lower your expectations Eggy but the boyfriend is a nice chap. Looking forward to seeing you 😎
Life is good ;)

Booking.com