Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3079832 times)

Offline Lawty

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9240 on: July 19, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »
Lawty - sorry to ask more questions.  Just wondering what type of questions are on the passenger locator form? Does it ask a lot if questions like occupation, if you have  had covid or had a covid test etc. We are just wondering what criteria they use to decide who to swab. We are getting stabbed a 2 or 3 days before we go anyway and just wondering if we should wait to fill in the firm until we have been stabbed and even got results.
the form asks your name, address, flight details and passport details. Places visited in last 14 days, your destination details. I think they use some sort of Algorithm to decide but I’ve no idea what criteria they use. I thought it might be age but there were all different ages being tested. Maybe they look at your home address as one of the criteria but I don’t really know any more than that

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9241 on: July 19, 2020, 08:01:29 PM »
Thanks. Are you from a high covid area then as obviously they tested you both. If it does depend on where you live then we will get tested . I'm not too worried if they do as my husband and I have been self isolating for about 3 weeks now to ensure we should be ok but our daughter is a nurse do she cant. Like I said taking tests before we leave though. I'm more worried will have a temperature at airport due to having a hot flush. Lol.

Offline Lawty

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #9242 on: July 19, 2020, 08:26:04 PM »
We are from Bolton near Manchester but we too have been following the rules re social distancing etc. I think our R rate is fairly high but as I said we have been sensible. It’s a gamble but if you’ve been sensible too I’m sure it will be ok.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9243 on: July 24, 2020, 06:36:27 PM »
37deg at 6:30pm and Arillas with a medium supply of customers. But... difficult for all as there is that feeling of trepidation getting too close to many. - Tis bizarre and motivation , for me , to go anywhere is so limited. - Don't understand it at all.
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9244 on: July 27, 2020, 01:04:32 PM »

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9245 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:34 PM »
found this this morning

Thank You
-Given: 22
-Receive: 622

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: General Comments during the Coronavirus/covid-19 Situation
« Reply #252 on: Today at 10:19:05 AM »
QuoteThank You
Reported by Corfu TV News this morning. (I have yet to see any other reports about this.)

CORFU TV NEWS | JULY 27, 2020 | 09:51
Corfu: The 17th case of coronavirus in Arillas.

A woman about 35 years old, a permanent resident of Corfu who lived in Arillas, tested positive for the coronavirus yesterday afternoon.

According to the information, the woman who is pregnant, has mild symptoms for this and she was recommended by EODY to stay in quarantine at home.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9246 on: July 27, 2020, 02:17:26 PM »
Am still coming 25th September though
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9247 on: July 27, 2020, 02:36:11 PM »
The 17th case in Arillas ???? Surely thats not correct is it?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9248 on: July 27, 2020, 02:43:52 PM »
Hi Harold, where did you find this please, as I need to share it to someone. Loads of Love Viv. x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9249 on: July 27, 2020, 03:01:01 PM »
17 cases is wrong and Corfu TV need to be informed that it is "false news".   Not good for Arillas.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9250 on: July 27, 2020, 04:02:17 PM »
The translation is that there are 17th case in Corfu, ONE in Arillas that is a 35 year old lady who is pregnant and has mild symptoms and has been told to self isolate. The translation on Corfu radio don't do it very well.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9251 on: July 27, 2020, 05:11:08 PM »
I presumed it was 17 cases on Corfu and not Arillas. Thanks for clarifying it Viv 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9252 on: July 27, 2020, 06:26:55 PM »
17 cases is wrong and Corfu TV need to be informed that it is "false news".   Not good for Arillas.

Well done Terry !! - C'mon guys -- do not pander to "scaremongering" - The Arillas case is an Albanian lady who felt unwell and volunteered a test which was positive. She has been whisked away to Corfu Town.

This info comes from the local Greeks who know what is going on. "TV News" is the same all over the World and they like to get a false buzz from those willing to get their sting in it.

Now , if I worked for a newspaper it would read......
Meanwhile..... the whole beach of Arillas is on lock down and no one can leave any sunbed , unless they wear a mask...(which must cover the whole face, just in case they are ugly!!)  Plus... anyone showing signs of sunburn will be whisked away for testing, just in case this is a side effect. Tavernas will still operate tonight but guests must wear something red to ensure danger is in sight to all!!

Can y'all cope with this plus the 33 deg on offer at 6:30pm???
Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9253 on: July 28, 2020, 09:29:30 AM »
I can confirm that the local business owners are all doing their bit here to
Keep both themselves and us as safe as possible. A great example of this is at Effies the other night, after each person leaves they disinfect the table, disposable salt pepper and even olive oil is provided as well as well as hand sanitiser in all the restaurants/bars I have seen. All the waiters and business   Owners are wearing masks but I do think though that the biggest responsibility lies with ourselves as holiday-makers visiting this beautiful island. There’s no point in providing this if we aren’t going  to use it. Mick and I are being really careful. We always have our own sanitiser with us (this is nothing new, Micks being doing it for years! Oh how we mocked lol). He always wipes down the chair arms before we sit down and frequently we wash our hands throughout the meal and the days. We can choose exactly how we social distance and if we felt tables were too close (which we haven’t) we would simply not go in. It’s not hard is it? Of course there are always going to be those who are not so careful but once again, like we do at home just distance yourself so the risk is very small. There’s no doubt whatsoever that we made the right choice coming here this year. It’s as idyllic as it always was if not more so after thinking for so long it wouldn’t be going ahead. No it’s not entirely the carefree holiday we are all used to but that’s good because complacency is the biggest risk here. So as much as you want to hug your old Arillas friends don’t! They understand and for me that’s the hardest thing. The rest is easy. Anyway must go the beach is calling

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9254 on: July 28, 2020, 11:16:20 AM »
Another good post , from Jo , here and trust they will enjoy the 30/32 deg. on offer, this afternoon?
and a question. for Jo, that I have been asked.
"Are more people using the sea now instead of swimming pools?"
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com