Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101799 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9180 on: June 01, 2020, 01:33:33 PM »
i cannot understand China and Japan on the list
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9181 on: June 01, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »
Hi

If you look at world wide deaths the statistics  are calculated as deaths per million of the population, which is felt reflects a more accurate rating rather than just the individual death rates alone.

As of May 29th:
Japan had 881 deaths which calculates as 6.96 per million
China had 4638 deaths which calculates  as 3.33 per million

Belguim heads the ratings  with  9388 deaths at 821.92 per million
Spain is second with 27119 deaths at 580.41 per million.
The UK is third with  37837 deaths which calculates as 569.07

Greece had 175 deaths at a rate of 16.31 per million

If you took into account  the land mass of each country and the density of their populations and other factors, the figures will be different. This I am sure will be calculated in months to come when the  pandemic is hopefully over.

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9182 on: June 01, 2020, 04:37:00 PM »
Meanwhile....................... Arillas today winds it all up with 23 deg.
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9183 on: June 01, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »
That's exactly the same temperature as here in sunny Leicester with not a cloud in the sky!. I'm sitting in the garden with my feet in the grandchildren's paddling pool dreaming of Arillas 2021!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9184 on: June 01, 2020, 09:36:57 PM »
26c here in devon
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9185 on: June 01, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »
I'm sitting in the garden with my feet in the grandchildren's paddling pool dreaming of Arillas 2021!

Suzy - I hope that you are now in the same location otherwise you must have very long legs!!
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9186 on: June 02, 2020, 10:30:49 AM »
Ha!ha!
I've stopped dreaming of Arillas for this July, as it's looking very doubtful. At least it's been a bit of a bonus having all this glorious hot sunshine. Just hoping we are soon able to visit our caravan in Norfolk before the weather changes to a rainy summer

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9187 on: June 02, 2020, 11:31:39 AM »
Ha!ha!
I've stopped dreaming of Arillas for this July, as it's looking very doubtful. At least it's been a bit of a bonus having all this glorious hot sunshine. Just hoping we are soon able to visit our caravan in Norfolk before the weather changes to a rainy summer

Just down the road from you in sunny Rutland!  :-)  We will just have to dream of Arillas too this year, flights for July have been cancelled.  Hoping for a few days somewhere by the sea too. Spent my childhood summers on the Norfolk coast in my uncle's caravan, some lovely memories.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9188 on: June 02, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
We wish also Eggy but at the moment we UK residents feel like lepers in the eyes of the Greek government and I understand why but it hurts when you are one of those people who have stuck by the rules and kept in lock down . All tarred with the same brush unfortunately.  This will be 10th week working at home and self distancing but still unclean in the eyes of the Greek government.  I was not so.annoyed until I saw the list of countries accepted in Greece and not included Germany..No offence to the Germans but I thought they also had high rates of covid. Hmmm

Hi Sonia
Forgot to mention Germany in my reply to Harold about China and Japan
As of June 1st Germany had  8555 deaths calculated to 103.16 per million which is a lot lower than the UK's 569.07 per million

Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9189 on: June 02, 2020, 12:39:30 PM »
21 deg today and I have been asked , by many Taverna owners , "Is there a sell by date on Colmans Mustard???
Equally and something Geoff, or others, could answer on a "General Chat" post.
 Will the UK benefit from all these "coffers" that the EU has planned for it's members??r -

Anyway..... We took an early trip to Lidls and Jumbo , Corfu Town, this morning. Straight in, no hovering, both but someone at the door noting customers in and out. So we got lucky but it just felt that we were both out of our comfort zone. - I am sure it's worse for you guys in the UK.
I am having a Sidari recce , later , so will see just how many premises are open and be nosey to see if any guests.
Cheers
Negg

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9190 on: June 03, 2020, 03:46:14 PM »
Arillas Today, and if you had 50 cats you would be able to swing 'em anywhere. - (Tis possible the cats may enjoy it more that you!)
Quiet Beach , obviously , and a few of us locals sharing time with Greek owners.
Bumped into Ron n Ali , which was lucky on my part as, when they see the Punto,  they sneak into Kostas via the kitchen entrance.
(Think he ordered chips but couldn't hang on, long enough, to take the biggest ones)
Ina's is open and the extension nearly finished. - I have permission to take some pics when all is complete. - Super coffee, now available, from Stathis, who knows I prefer an Ouzo. - But... coffee for me n Wegg on the cards, for a few mornings.

The build , opposite Bardis, continues to improve. A super looking external wall is on the making plus the appt walls are now having their final coat. I will get pics, when no one is there, as I feel intruding.

So..... basically ... life is not the same and the 25deg sunny afternoon only looks after the few that appreciate it. -
Excuse me here on language etc but I must say as I feel.....#
....... It's a shit time and all miss you from the UK. - Make a poll of which nationality Corfu wants and the UK is number one.
(No disrespect to others  but long relationships have been built with you lot and there are so many that miss this , right now - we all struggle but twill be better)
We all hang on in there. - Bloody boring over here at the moment!!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline ron

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9191 on: June 03, 2020, 08:14:27 PM »
BLODDY ?????
ron

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9192 on: June 03, 2020, 10:37:05 PM »
BLODDY ?? - Is that a short version of "Bill Oddie" - Where did you see "BLODDY" ??
Negg

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9193 on: June 09, 2020, 05:17:18 PM »
Breaking News for Arillas Today.
Actor who played a major part in that cult series , HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY. spotted on the beach

Exciting moments and I did not know which one to ask for an autograph.
28 deg and quiet.
Cheers
Negg

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9194 on: June 15, 2020, 07:25:17 PM »
32 deg at 7pm. WOTSALLTHATABOUT??
Hating more and more  seeing empty tables and beach.
(Thinking of advertising for BUMS to make use of the bench)
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com