Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3086800 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9150 on: May 16, 2020, 06:23:21 PM »
It all looks fantastic! As for my swing that’s long gone and is now replaced with a hammock which I have no intention of trying to climb into, even less that kiddie’s swing (although Mick would prob pay good money to watch haha

Whoops !!! - So that's why I had to frighten the kids away to get a photo???
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9151 on: May 17, 2020, 05:35:15 PM »
Arillas today???
Well , a busy beach and many vehicles plus a 33deg at 3:30pm - 35 deg now , at 5:30 , in Kavadaddes.
Sadly I left my camera at "Beach Kostas" so cannot put pics on until tomorrow.
anyway.... good to see the beach being taken advantage of. (seems years since I struggled to park the Punto)
Cheers
Negg

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #9152 on: May 17, 2020, 06:23:52 PM »
Very hot indeed and an amazing number of local visitors in Arillas beach today!
There are no sunbeds on the beach, there is not a single shop open.... most mysterious.... NOT A SINGLE TOURIST.
Our beach has never had so many local visitors on a day in May. also the temperature has hit a new record in Corfu for May!
it reminds me of the 70s but with extra modern cars.
a surrealistic atmosphere in my home town.....Apparently, cafes and restaurants can now be open with tables and chairs from the 25th of May. One week earlier as announced . this is good news I already have one reservation for that day!!!
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9153 on: May 17, 2020, 07:40:44 PM »
Well you all deserve it
Following lockdown a day at the beach is just what you need.
Now the next thing is to get visitors back there and back to normal.
Perhaps you should do this as a reminder in years to come and have a special day for the Village on the beach

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9154 on: May 18, 2020, 06:57:40 AM »
That’s a good idea John. I have been looking at these lovely pics and although we all desperately want to be there, how lovely to see the locals reclaim their little village in a time when they would usually be very busy preparing for their first guests of the season. I’m sure that despite the quiet start to the season, the joy of rediscovering why so many people visit Arillas year after year has been lovely for them, especially after such a restricting lockdown. We often forget that our hard-working friends rarely get to enjoy the beautiful beach and all that Arillas has to offer.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9155 on: May 18, 2020, 03:10:04 PM »
Yesterday's pics from Arillas

Long time since I have seen so may cars! - Nowhere to park again!!!
and........
just a couple of fun Arillas todays.
It's three chairs for Beach Kostas - Hip Hip Hoorahhh!!

Hopefully open on Monday and busy working away.

and if Viv is reading... that youngun, Sebastian has volunteered to strim that steep bank of ours. - kavadaddes pics will follow on Wednesday.
So... yet another 33deg plus hottie and keeping the house to a steady 24deg' which is hard work.
Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9156 on: May 18, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
OO Negg  Do you really think I would miss something as important as this. Im quite relieved about it, just tell Sebastian to be careful, even if his still a youngster compared to us, its still a deep slope to do.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #9157 on: May 18, 2020, 04:40:56 PM »
Hi My Darling Brother, Sooner then I expected, lets hope everybody that has booked can get there. Maybe later in the year if our little house is open we might surprise you. My operation has been cancelled for now, will pm you when we know more. xxxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #9158 on: May 19, 2020, 02:45:45 PM »
Hi Eggy, thought you could show this to Wendy for me, Im sure she will have something to say about it.
  I sent through Amazon, for some runner bean seeds because I cant get any from anywhere. That was about 5 weeks ago. They arrived today from China,( I kid you not). Don't even look like runner beans they are so small that im thinking I might have been spouts come up. That's if I don't pot them in the bin.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9159 on: May 19, 2020, 04:02:57 PM »
To be honest , Viv , if runner beans come from China and they are runners , they will be knackered when they get to you and will "sprout" up every excuse possible why they are not runner beans just "Has Beans"  - Bean there and done that.

Arillas today has many who are  sprucing up places to be on target to open on Monday. Brouklis will be ready as will the Pizzeria and Beach Kosta working overtime.
(I did pinch one of his key members to do some work for me , today , and Viv knows about that)
We plan a Monday evening , at Brouklis , and then plan to visit all places that make an effort to keep us happy. - Good to see all these guys!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9160 on: May 20, 2020, 09:28:13 AM »
Arillas today brings news that Police detain a UK family trying to sneak into their favourite place

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9161 on: May 21, 2020, 03:41:12 PM »
Arillas today will probably finish around 25 deg after a drizzly and chilly morning start.
Sad to see the Jetty without the Arillas bench.

A deserted beach still looking good.

I do not think many local places will open , on Monday as , quite logically, it is not worth their effort. Brouklis and the Pizzeria are available now and Beach Point and Beach Kostas should be OK. San Stephanos has a couple of places ready to go and Sidari should be up n running, albeit slowly. Ag George I am not sure about but, if there is a stream of German tourist this will probably be thier first choice. - May be wrong.
Thanks to Harold and Co. for taking the time to update all of us on who just may be here , this Summer. - Good for the Greek economy and good for Corfu and, of course good for Arillas. - But , and I mean this very sincerely , locals will miss you guys. A repertoire , built up over many years and swapping stories about life will be hard for all of them. ( and you lot , of course )
anyway... on a lighter note , and blame Kevin 'cause he mentioned "heads" the other day. -
Headline News - Motorist stopped by Police denies he is the notorious Korfu Kidnapper!!

. These pics may be springing up when you least expect them - But if they are "out of order" please let me know.
Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9162 on: May 21, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »

Have you let the boot of the Punto out on a room only basis.
Dont tell the tax, they will be after you for room tax

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9163 on: May 22, 2020, 02:33:45 PM »
John - Obviously you don't know the state of my boot innards!! - but I could make a reduction for two sharing!
Trust you and Dot are hunky dory and you are waving red cards to all those seen breaking the 2 metre rule??
(looking forward to playing darts with a mask and gloves on - I may improve... yah never know)

Big Arillas beach clean up , this morning , and good to, not only see, but feel a buzz all round. - A nice 24deg to go with it and should anyone venture onto the Arillas Webcam, today , they will spot that much missed addition to the end of the jetty.
Had a sneak preview in Ina's , today , and it's taking shape and looking very good. A much larger eating area. Possibly a wider range of snacks to suit a wider range of tastes. - Whatever she has planned I am sure it will be a success.
Cheers
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9164 on: May 22, 2020, 04:16:36 PM »
Hi
Can’t smoke with a mask on Eggy, or drink come to that
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Booking.com