Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101856 times)

Weeze81 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8580 on: August 24, 2018, 12:13:28 PM »
Sharing even.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8581 on: August 24, 2018, 12:32:52 PM »
I woke up  around 2 am , this morning and could actually smell smoke so, obviously went out onto balcony to check. - Nothing, but goes to show that, we were perhaps fortunate as it was only a mild breeze. (Came into the house via the open bedroom window.)
The smallish planes flew over , early morning, so I presume dropping a bit more water, or making safety checks.
Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8582 on: August 24, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
Hope everybody and property stays safe. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8583 on: August 25, 2018, 05:12:04 PM »
Couda dun with the rain yesterday to help aquech the thirst of that "Rachtades Fire".
Anyway.... 26mm , this moring , from 11:35 to 13:15. - Very welcome , for many , twas too. Not a cold afternoon but a respectable 24 deg and at 17:00 I hear those thunder rumbles again.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8584 on: August 26, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »
This morning's rain was around 6mm which was only enough to treat the flower pots and really annoy the cats, who all decided that in the house would be better.
(Wegg home tommorow - Floors mopped so not a chance moggies)

However we finish with a dry 31 deg at 5pm and all wonder if we had imagined this morning.

I detect more Italians here, listening to the various chats going on.- If so , this is a late August break for them. And I luv 'em to bits.
(Especially when some stand in the middle of the road and are are oblivious to vehicles!!)

Cheers
Victor Meldrew - Sorry Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8585 on: August 26, 2018, 05:20:40 PM »
Hi
The Italians have always been  oblivious to many things. Enjoy their food though.
Victor aka Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8586 on: August 27, 2018, 01:16:35 PM »
Arillas this morning?? - 15mm of rain around  12:30 ish and a cool 22deg. Loooks to have all cleared up now but.. WOTDOIKNOW??
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8587 on: August 27, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »

Hi
Did you see the pictures of Sidari Saturday the 25 flooded

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8588 on: August 27, 2018, 07:37:38 PM »
Pictures where , Kev. - Don't use facebook.
Anyway , as Sidari is a concrete jungle water has nowhere to go. First place to flood.
Not long , guv , afore you be "ere wiv yer gurl" ( West Country language there )
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8589 on: September 04, 2018, 05:59:02 PM »
Trying to translate my last Arillas today really confuses me and I now have a headache!!!
Anyway....................... Arillas today found me , at Tria , to enjoy the company of Kev n Bev for a coupla hours. Very pleased to see them and more pleased  Kevin was not wearing speedos!! - Kevin , you may remember, smuggled all my darts bits over , plus chalk , which he told me he had to secrete in every orrifice to get it through customs. - Hard to beleive , but when I got to Tria he was chalking a scoreboard. The scoreboard had been lowered and was was stooping over, which made that film "My Left Foot" easier to understand. - Am I joking?? - Who Knows !!

We sat with a pleasant 28 deg and put the world and forum to rights , plus a few digs at Yianni , who is a good sport and knows we are jesting with him.
Arillas is stilla busy 'ole place and I thought that now , in September, many would be moving away. - Nahhhh!!

Darts is on the cards for Tria , next Tuesday , so anyone here who wants a bung or two please come and joins us. We promise that , should you chalk the board, we are happy if you use you keep the chalk in your hand. - Mind you , with 144 sticks of chalk we may be "sticking" it anywhere!!

Be well guys , very nice afternoon , good to see you both.
Cheers
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8590 on: September 04, 2018, 06:55:43 PM »
Hi
Can’t smuggle darts bits in Speedo’s. Too many prickly bits.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8591 on: September 04, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »

Hi all
A very pleasant afternoon a few beers a good old chat having dig at each other all in best possible taste as kenny Everett would have said
It’s been a lovely day hot - pool Luke warm and beer cold it’s hard life but someone has to do it.
I better brush off the cobwebs off my old cut down javelins as use as darts

Kevin

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8592 on: September 04, 2018, 07:17:12 PM »

Hi all
A very pleasant afternoon a few beers a good old chat having dig at each other all in best possible taste as kenny Everett would have said
It’s been a lovely day hot - pool Luke warm and beer cold it’s hard life but someone has to do it.
I better brush off the cobwebs off my old cut down javelins as use as darts

Kevin
Hi
Spent a the day, with no Speedo’s, on the north beach. Very nice and relaxing
Geoff

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8593 on: September 04, 2018, 10:33:08 PM »
Hi
Just a fantastic meal at the Athena  restaurant .
Roast lamb and roast potatoes with green vegetables.
Unfortunately they do not seve Corfu beer.
Their red wine, they make themselves from 5 different grapes ,was very good. Not a wine connoisseur ,but for me me was the best house wine I have had in Arrillas. Their home made olive oil was also very tasty.
Back tomorrow for the spit roast lamb
Geoff

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8594 on: September 05, 2018, 12:16:41 PM »

Hi all

Windy day today still hot had a walk over to san Stefanos had a walk around
Walking back we dropped in to see Nikos out for the day we catch him another day

. Kev an Beverly

Booking.com